IGNORED

Luton Town away match thread

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ian was on form tonight that’s for sure. 

Clearly there must be some insight into how Ill Tanner is and the fitness of Kane Wilson?

Obviously Nigel Pearson is a bit clueless is a common thread. I always think that some people write and sound like they don’t like Pearson and want him to fail as they put so much energy into screaming sack the bastard when we were struggling. 

(I think I will give FBC a miss this week)

On the other hand we didn’t win any second ball in the first half, dinked passes to no one and couldn’t cope with the power of their forwards throughout. We are a bit bare bones for sure and that is great experience for the youngsters!

That's exactly what it is. To be fair it's not unique to Pearson, previous managers and God knows how many players have had it over the years.

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ian was on form tonight that’s for sure. 

Clearly there must be some insight into how Ill Tanner is and the fitness of Kane Wilson?

Obviously Nigel Pearson is a bit clueless is a common thread. I always think that some people write and sound like they don’t like Pearson and want him to fail as they put so much energy into screaming sack the bastard when we were struggling. 

(I think I will give FBC a miss this week)

On the other hand we didn’t win any second ball in the first half, dinked passes to no one and couldn’t cope with the power of their forwards throughout. We are a bit bare bones for sure and that is great experience for the youngsters!

Unfortunately, Ian doesn't understand that sometimes we just simply lose to better opposition. Luton have the 2nd best 'loss record' in the league this season. I expected zero points this evening. 

• Like 1

I would love us to get Adabeyo, tore us apart at times. We would need a very big piece of paper to get his full name on it though (?)! Look it up.

No issue at all with the result, well played Luton, terrific side.

Now, at least, we know the level we must aspire to, with all our players back.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I thought the Pring decision was pretty much the only one he gave us over 90 minutes.

Not the reason we lost but seemed to give every marginal one to them.

Thought that was a fair advantage call, they wouldn't have been happy if the guy finishes and the whistle had already blown. So not even that decision was giving us the benefit. Where I think he let himself down was not penalising challenges where there was no attempt to play the ball. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

A squad decimated by injuries. It was a very poor performance, but to a man they have put in a lot this season. I think it will take its toll over the remaining weeks.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, it’s a blessing we have such a cushion over the bottom 3 as I think points in April will be few and far between.

You’ve got to love this forum.

Some were (ridiculously) talking about the playoffs 4 games ago & now we have “we won’t get another point”.

Reading & Rotherham at home to come in April plus it’s not beyond us to get a surprise away result, seeing as we’ve won at Stoke on our last 4 visits…

• Like 6
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

You’ve got to love this forum.

Some were (ridiculously) talking about the playoffs 4 games ago & now we have “we won’t get another point”.

Reading & Rotherham at home to come in April plus it’s not beyond us to get a surprise away result, seeing as we’ve won at Stoke on our last 4 visits…

For the record, I never once mentioned the play offs! For me it’s always been about looking over our shoulder.

You are probably right though. It’s a forum so people should all say the same thing and not have their own views. What were we thinking!

Some people are realistic, some see everything through rose tinted glasses. I guess that’s the point in having a forum?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, David Brent said:

It doesn’t put that argument to bed at all. No way we could play that way for 90 minutes. Luton proved that by allowing us to still be in the game. 

What Luton showed us tonight is how far we still have to go. It seems that Nige is trying to get us play in a similar manner as they do so it was an interesting to see how far off of that we are. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

For the record, I never once mentioned the play offs! For me it’s always been about looking over our shoulder.

You are probably right though. It’s a forum so people should all say the same thing and not have their own views. What were we thinking!

Some people are realistic, some see everything through rose tinted glasses. I guess that’s the point in having a forum?

I really like Graham's posts generally but tonight he's accused 3 of us of saying things we didn't say. Not sure what's up.

8 hours ago, mozo said:

I really like Graham's posts generally but tonight he's accused 3 of us of saying things we didn't say. Not sure what's up.

Apologies if that’s the case.

Re the last one I was trying to say that the reality here is far more dull, we were never in with a prayer of the playoffs, as some (like the bloke with the Robin mask), but not you, had suggested.

Likewise some were saying we could get drawn into the relegation fight, needed 52 points to stay up (!) or that we now won’t get another point.

That’s not happening either.

Slow but steady progress whilst drastically reducing our wage bill.

• Like 1

Exactly the performance and sort of game I predicted , I have seen Luton a few times this year and I knew they would be all over us like a rash , did well to come out of the first half only 1 down , quite a bit better 2nd half .

what is it with us and tight small grounds never seem to do that well , Griffin park , kenilworth road , Dean court ( Bournemouth for you young uns ) apart from the one occasion I think twerton was a bit of a nightmare ground aswell

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Apologies if that’s the case.

Re the last one I was trying to say that the reality here is far more dull, we were never in with a prayer of the playoffs, as some (like the bloke with the Robin mask), but not you, had suggested.

Likewise some were saying we could get drawn into the relegation fight, needed 52 points to stay up (!) or that we now won’t get another point.

That’s not happening either.

Slow but steady progress whilst drastically reducing our wage bill.

@GrahamC the bloke with the robin mask?

Guilty. Pleased I made an impression.

I’d have hoped that anyone with an ounce of intelligence would have seen it for what it was.

Optimistically tongue in cheek.

There are far too many on here who seem to take life and themselves far too seriously. 

Me? Life’s too short for that and I like to have some fun. And let’s face it. We don’t get much fun watching our beloved BCFC at either home or away.

Unless I guess you play the football expert, like analysing phases of game play or truly enjoy dour performances week in, week out.

Slow but steady progress. Hmmmm. Not based on what this little Robin has seen through his mask.

We were poor against Cardiff. Poor against Huddersfield. Poor against Blackpool. Nine points we should have had in the bag - if we’re making steady progress.

And if we’re making progress we would have played far better last night.

I guess my mask might be affecting my eye sight but frankly I see little tangible and sustained progress.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
2 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We want "Bazball" progress next season, smashing it all over the place. We've done the Boycott/Tavare progress now. Either that, or people will be drifting away, up Nevil Road ..... 

They really won’t.

Gates are up, why is that if it’s dull?

16 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

@GrahamC the bloke with the robin mask?

Guilty. Pleased I made an impression.

I’d have hoped that anyone with an ounce of intelligence would have seen it for what it was.

Optimistically tongue in cheek.

There are far too many on here who seem to take life and themselves far too seriously. 

Me? Life’s too short for that and I like to have some fun. And let’s face it. We don’t get much fun watching our beloved BCFC at either home or away.

Unless I guess you play the football expert, like analysing phases of game play or truly enjoy dour performances week in, week out.

Slow but steady progress. Hmmmm. Not based on what this little Robin has seen through his mask.

We were poor against Cardiff. Poor against Huddersfield. Poor against Blackpool. Nine points we should have had in the bag - if we’re making steady progress.

And if we’re making progress we would have played far better last night.

I guess my mask might be affecting my eye sight but frankly I see little tangible and sustained progress.

Fair play to you.

You said you are in your late 50s, so if you want to go around with a piece of latex on your head for “fun” then good for you.

This is a forum, it’s all about opinions, I’ve seen many of the same games as you & couldn’t disagree more on what we have both watched, so let’s just leave that there.

I’m interested in where we are going as a club, how we get there, not fancy dress but it takes all sorts.