IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness @SPAZZAis a decent poster (even for a Dirty Leeds fan) on here, so let’s cut him a bit of slack.

But when the likes of Keane Lewis-Potter went for circa £18m in the summer, a year older, without the youth pedigree of Scott, you can see why Scott is being mentioned in the £20m+ bracket.

He will need to change his name before that happens. Surprised it’s allowed (and yes I’m being offended and a leftie Wokie whatever). 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's because Percy knows Pearson's agent well. Which suggests this story has been leaked from the City end...  ?

was my exact thought, everything has been much tighter since Pearson took over rumours wise. Think this is the first rumour to come from a credible source (outside of actually announcing deals were done). Kickstart the bidding and start some panic between clubs I reckon 

• Like 2

It seems to me that NP must want additions in Jan. And 20 mill with good add ones for Scott would do 4 decent signings / loans. And  with other OOC players freeing up their wages in their departures. This avoids Semenyou and Conway being needed to be sold as well. Scott will be gone by summer at the latest. But can we avoid relegation without new players coming in during Jan ? I not so sure. Love Scott to be here for as long as poss but his departure for a good enough transfer does seem the best move for the club this Jan . But wtf do I know. I just a life long supporter 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I read the replies on Twitter. As I suspected, moronic football fans who don’t understand the concept of valuations. 

I said in the Penalty thread that some football fans in general are pretty dumb. Social media is a breeding frenzy for them.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

This does seem serious.  I suspect the club want to sell him but keep him for the rest of the season.  A club like Spurs wouldn't need him immediately whereas Wolves or West Ham would want him immediately and you'd suspect he would want to wait to sign to see if they stayed up.  He'll be sold and loaned back if a club not under the threat of relegation want him.  Otherwise, it is likely he'll stay till the summer.  The Under 20 world cup is in May and June which could further enhance his reputation (and increase his fee).  You get the impression that a lot depends on the outcome of this and maybe we've put our own deadline on any deal to give us the chance to then go and get some signings in.  

When does the financial year end?

Just now, The Bard said:

This does seem serious.  I suspect the club want to sell him but keep him for the rest of the season.  A club like Spurs wouldn't need him immediately whereas Wolves or West Ham would want him immediately and you'd suspect he would want to wait to sign to see if they stayed up.  He'll be sold and loaned back if a club not under the threat of relegation want him.  Otherwise, it is likely he'll stay till the summer.  The Under 20 world cup is in May and June which could further enhance his reputation (and increase his fee).  You get the impression that a lot depends on the outcome of this and maybe we've put our own deadline on any deal to give us the chance to then go and get some signings in.  

When does the financial year end?

May 31st.

I wonder if there’s a realisation that we can’t shift certain players / enough players to generate some real freshness in the squad…so more drastic measures are required.  Scott will leave a big hole, but I think we could temporarily fix this window, e.g. someone like Laurent who Stoke are looking for offers for.  Maybe we could do a loan with option to buy / obligation if we stay up.  He’s the kind of physical CM who might suit our current situation.

Agree with Pete and Kid that this is club pushing this info out there.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I said in the Penalty thread that some football fans in general are pretty dumb. Social media is a breeding frenzy for them.

Yup. Tinder is quite a breeding frenzy. There should be a football supporter sub section. (There probably is) 

Edited by REDOXO

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

May 31st.

I wonder if there’s a realisation that we can’t shift certain players / enough players to generate some real freshness in the squad…so more drastic measures are required.  Scott will leave a big hole, but I think we could temporarily fix this window, e.g. someone like Laurent who Stoke are looking for offers for.  Maybe we could do a loan with option to buy / obligation if we stay up.  He’s the kind of physical CM who might suit our current situation.

Agree with Pete and Kid that this is club pushing this info out there.

So literally a few days from the end of the EPL season to the end of the financial year...  

Agree about needing physicality.  Pearson has been quite open about our lack of physicality.

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So literally a few days from the end of the EPL season to the end of the financial year...  

Agree about needing physicality.  Pearson has been quite open about our lack of physicality.

I suspect our EFL season will finish on or before QPR on 6th May ???

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We can if we see fit extend until end of June to get the best possible deal if we need that option. :whistle2:

Unlikely that we’d move all the various company accounts.

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, no one thinks Scott is worth £25m because he plays for Bristol City. No one would question the price based on pure ability and potential.

”came through the ranks at Bristol City, no way is he worth £25”

Balls to the lot of them! We hold the cards. He is worth what we say he is. As others have pointed out, there are young players who have gone for big money from championship clubs to the premier league and I don’t recall many being questioned over the price. Scott outshines all of them.

£25m, 25% sell on clause, shake hands and be done with it.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I suspect our EFL season will finish on or before QPR on 6th May ???

Unlikely that we’d move all the various company accounts.

Sorry what I was thinking about was the possibility of selling Scott straight after the season to an EPL side involved in the relegation scrap,.  You'd imagine he wouldn't agree a deal without first knowing the new club would be in the EPL next season.  Overthinking it obviously... 

18 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sorry what I was thinking about was the possibility of selling Scott straight after the season to an EPL side involved in the relegation scrap,.  You'd imagine he wouldn't agree a deal without first knowing the new club would be in the EPL next season.  Overthinking it obviously... 

I have had a couple too. 

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

If we've said he's gone for £25m then I have a feeling we're driving up the price before an inevitable sale, people saying £20m, the highest ever purchase by a team in the Championship was Wolves and they only paid £15.8m and that was for Ruben Neves, I just can't see them paying £20m+ for Scott when arguably one of their best midfielders only set them back £15.8m. I know they are Premier League now but even so Neves is an insanely good talent and I'd argue a lot better when Wolves signed him than Scott is now. I know Scott being English may squeeze some more money out of the deal but I honestly think we'll accept £15m for him what with our current financial status, it sucks to be a fan because we all know £20m+ is what we'd like but I just don't see us getting it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

If we've said he's gone for £25m then I have a feeling we're driving up the price before an inevitable sale, people saying £20m, the highest ever purchase by a team in the Championship was Wolves and they only paid £15.8m and that was for Ruben Neves, I just can't see them paying £20m+ for Scott when arguably one of their best midfielders only set them back £15.8m. I know they are Premier League now but even so Neves is an insanely good talent and I'd argue a lot better when Wolves signed him than Scott is now. I know Scott being English may squeeze some more money out of the deal but I honestly think we'll accept £15m for him what with our current financial status, it sucks to be a fan because we all know £20m+ is what we'd like but I just don't see us getting it.

Wolves are in the Prem albeit very near the bottom

3 hours ago, Spike said:

We will get it because he’s worth it.  What Wolves paid for Neves in the championship is irrelevant. Scott will play for England within 5 years so £25m is a fair price for all.  He is THAT good. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

That they bought Neves nearly 6 years ago for £15.8m is almost irrelevant - Wolves have moved up the chain a lot since then which means they pay more but also sell for more, if they were to sell Neves now to a bigger club they would be wanting 60m+ for him, if they were still in the championship and selling to someone like Villa they would want £20m+, that's just how it works.

Scott is absolutely worth £20m+ to a club in thier position, the potential to play for England, if they think they could make him a future England player then that is pittance and then likely to be able to sell him for £80m+ in the future.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

We will get it because he’s worth it.  What Wolves paid for Neves in the championship is irrelevant. Scott will play for England within 5 years so £25m is a fair price for all.  He is THAT good. 

Especially when Gibbs-White has gone for £40m+ recently. It’s mental money of course, but going by the current market, that’s a fair price for a 19 year old wonderkid playing in the England youth set up.

I don’t want to lose him, but we’re in a great position.

• Like 2