IGNORED

Player of the Season

cidercity1987

Scott

Conway

Scott’s piece of skill and pass at Preston

I get all the arguments for Vyner and Pring but, even in his quieter games, Scott has been superb for me. He does the ugly side of the game very well, works his backside off, is always available, and on the ball he’s getting on for being as good as I’ve seen in a City shirt. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

That's why the voting system enables you to skip those questions.

I did skip those questions! I’m not remotely interested in Bristol City women’s team and would never pay to watch them. The only women’s football I watch is the England women because it’s usually live on tv.

• Admin
On 23/03/2023 at 10:43, Robbored said:

I did skip those questions! I’m not remotely interested in Bristol City women’s team and would never pay to watch them. The only women’s football I watch is the England women because it’s usually live on tv.

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

• SC&T Board Members
20 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Bump, to remind anyone who hasn’t yet voted :) 

Yep, voting closes at midnight on Monday.

Nearly 3,500 votes so far, the most for many years.

If you've still to cast yours, please do so via the link below.

• Robin 1

I went Scott for both - it's not an easy one this year. Lots of players could have taken it but for an injury or a drop in form. For POTY I considered Vyner, Pring, Atkinson, James, Naismith and Wells but couldn't quite see past Alex. And if he takes POTY, he has to be YPOTY by defualt imo, but Conway and Bell both entered my thinking. 

Champagne Moment was just a personal highlight, Sam Bell against WBA. His second goal in particular was so well taken, it reminded me of some of Salah's goals at Liverpool.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I went Scott for both - it's not an easy one this year. Lots of players could have taken it but for an injury or a drop in form. For POTY I considered Vyner, Pring, Atkinson, James, Naismith and Wells but couldn't quite see past Alex. And if he takes POTY, he has to be YPOTY by defualt imo, but Conway and Bell both entered my thinking. 

Me too. Similar thought process too.

Nice that plenty of players came into the reckoning, unlike the other year when Diedhiou got it and I didn’t vote because I didn’t think anyone deserved it. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

if he takes POTY, he has to be YPOTY by defualt imo

My opinion is that POTY is a higher standard of award than YPOTY. Therefore, should Scott win POTY he automatically transcends YPOTY, and so YPOTY is available to be won by another player without invalidating Scott's POTY.

Personally I'd have a rule that you can only ever win YPOTY once. Thus this season Scott would not be eligible for it despite being well within the age bracket. He won it last year. Level him up to the full award now.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I didn’t think anyone deserved it. 

But isn't there always someone who is the best player? Even in a relegation or title winning season there is someone who is better, more influential, or just superior to all others.

I have an issue with bad seasons where there's no award, or when we do well and "the whole squad" get it. No. Stick to the award, make the decision and give it to an individual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

But isn't there always someone who is the best player? Even in a relegation or title winning season there is someone who is better, more influential, or just superior to all others.

Yes, you are correct…but i didn’t think anyone stood out.

On 01/04/2023 at 07:51, The Journalist said:

Would seem a shame if Gavin Ward didn’t win Champagne Moment. After everything, you’d love to be a fly on the wall at the PGMOL when that award turned up in the post.

Indirectly he got mine too, because it was us finally getting a penalty.

On 31/03/2023 at 15:05, BCFCGav said:

Champagne Moment was just a personal highlight, Sam Bell against WBA. His second goal in particular was so well taken, it reminded me of some of Salah's goals at Liverpool.

I agree with the champagne moment.  For me it was “oh dear, we’ve lost Semenyo. Oh well, never mind, here’s another one off the production line!”

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

I agree with the champagne moment.  For me it was “oh dear, we’ve lost Semenyo. Oh well, never mind, here’s another one off the production line!”

Yea I remember thinking the same. Of course he's not Semenyo yet, but I think he showed how high his ceiling is with that performance. He's probably our youngster I'm currently most excited about (a certain young midfielder aside).