IGNORED

Player of the Season

cidercity1987

9 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's a Senior Reds award that has been around previously:

2018 - Bobby Reid - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/reid-lands-player-of-the-year-award/
2019 - Lloyd Kelly - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/double-award-for-webster/
2020 and 2021 - can't see anything - perhaps not awarded due to Covid and a fully behind-closed-doors season?
2022 - Ayman Benarous - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/weimann-scoops-four-awards/

Can't believe that.

My money was on Nicky Maynard's son.

Maybe next year...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'd hoped that Scott would still be here next year with his contact until 2025, but winning Player of the Year signifies his departure. 

It's voted for by the fans so not sure how it signifies that he's absolutely leaving?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's voted for by the fans so not sure how it signifies that he's absolutely leaving?

I didn't say absolutely (and obviously don't want him to go) but it's often been the case that the winner of the Player of the Year leaves the club before the start of the next season. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I didn't say absolutely (and obviously don't want him to go) but it's often been the case that the winner of the Player of the Year leaves the club before the start of the next season. 

That's happened only 4 times in the last ten seasons, and one of those was Abraham returning to Chelsea.

The other 3 are Baldock in 13/14, Reid in 17/18 and Webster in 18/19. We've not sold or released our POTY in the same summer as his award win since Webster.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I have loved watching Alex Scott this season, but how on earth did he beat the ever present massively improved Zak Zyner to the award?

I guess because many feel he is the BEST player in the team, not the MOST IMPROVED.

FWIW I think Scott has been our best player and rightly got POTY.  But I like the award of Vyner as PPOTY, it’s a great accolade, and fits the nature of the award too.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess because many feel he is the BEST player in the team, not the MOST IMPROVED.

FWIW I think Scott has been our best player and rightly got POTY.  But I like the award of Vyner as PPOTY, it’s a great accolade, and fits the nature of the award too.

Player's player is the prize I'd want if I was a player tbh. It's the real quiz.

If I'm Tommy Conway I'm fuming that Scott was eligible for YPOTY after winning last season btw.

• Admin
19 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

I had expected the OS to have run some kind of story on last nights awards by now, apart from the tweets last night there hasn't been anything else from the club

I was curious who Ken Chappell is that won the Supporter of the Year award?

It is not a name I recognise - I know the SC&T provide a shortlist for the players to vote on, but have no idea who he is?

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

I had expected the OS to have run some kind of story on last nights awards by now, apart from the tweets last night there hasn't been anything else from the club

It is not a name I recognise - I know the SC&T provide a shortlist for the players to vote on, but have no idea who he is?

Thanks, same here.

Ok, is it just me confused. There is nothing on the OS. Page 4 here says Alex won young player of the year. Someone says congrats Zak on winning player ofthe year. Other posts on this page indicate that Alex won player of the year.

Who did actually win Player of the year ?

12 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Ok, is it just me confused. There is nothing on the OS. Page 4 here says Alex won young player of the year. Someone says congrats Zak on winning player ofthe year. Other posts on this page indicate that Alex won player of the year.

Who did actually win Player of the year ?

Alex won (fans voted) first team player and young player of the year.

Zak won first team players player of the year.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Here you go, from inside the program from last night. The players chose him as this years winner. 

IMG_1610.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

22 hours ago, phantom said:

From OS at last

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/all-the-winners-from-the-city-awards-dinner/

https://youtu.be/Dwlw4YN5fHE

On 04/05/2023 at 20:51, bearded_red said:

Must have been some pretty ropey winners of Bristol born Player of the Year in the not too distant past.

Delighted for Belly though, really enjoyed watching him second half of the season.

Can't understand why Cam Pring hasn't won this. He's been probably our most consistent performer this season...probably because the club have him down as born in Cheltenham....but I know for a fact that he was born in Southmead hospital. Can't get more Bristol than that!

1 hour ago, onehowie said:

Can't understand why Cam Pring hasn't won this. He's been probably our most consistent performer this season...probably because the club have him down as born in Cheltenham....but I know for a fact that he was born in Southmead hospital. Can't get more Bristol than that!

Were you his midwife?

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Haha 1