IGNORED

Sykes 4 match ban

sh1t_ref_again

17 minutes ago, Jacki said:

4 games for that?! Dear oh dear that is unbelievable.

Do we know whether Evans and/or Cunningham got banned for assaulting our players at Preston earlier in the season? I can’t remember seeing an outcome to those situations?

I hate to moan about things like this because it always looks like sour grapes, but it does seem that the FA have it in for us in some way. This is a ridiculous decision. 

Evans got 4 games.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

Was his sending off earlier this season for retaliation?

Perhaps an aspect of his game that needs addressing.

Yes, was it luton at home? Or cov? Hes not the biggest or most physical so while its good that he sticks up for himself that will be 7 games worth of bans hes picked up this season,,, its something he can work on?!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes, was it luton at home? Or cov? Hes not the biggest or most physical so while its good that he sticks up for himself that will be 7 games worth of bans hes picked up this season,,, its something he can work on?!

Yep. Similar incident at home to Luton, the one involving Freeman. In both cases, it looks like he feels hard done by and takes the law into his own hands. 

Yeah can’t see anything wrong with the FAs decision here - irrespective of whether he was fouled first or not, he looks up and intentionally goes for the Swansea player. It’s moronic really - everything is caught on camera these days so even if the ref missed it you get outcomes like this.

No complaints here.

• Like 4

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah can’t see anything wrong with the FAs decision here - irrespective of whether he was fouled first or not, he looks up and intentionally goes for the Swansea player. It’s moronic really - everything is caught on camera these days so even if the ref missed it you get outcomes like this.

No complaints here.

Exactly this, also studs up and could have caused a dangerous injury

Those saying "But what about *******" - Sadly thats life . .. 

He can't really have any complaints - it would have been a 3 game ban if seen by the ref and the extra game for the previous red

52 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Do we know whether Evans and/or Cunningham got banned for assaulting our players at Preston earlier in the season? I can’t remember seeing an outcome to those situations?

I hate to moan about things like this because it always looks like sour grapes, but it does seem that the FA have it in for us in some way. This is a ridiculous decision. 

As has been pointed out Evans did, but that little shit Cunningham completely got away with raking his studs down Nakhi Wells’ leg.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Application of the rules has always been inconsistent and I agree that the situation you state should be a red.  There's no attempt to play the ball and the speed of movement can cause damage. 

I doing think it changes the fact that if that was a Swans player suspended for doing what Sykes did we'd be thinking it was probably about right.

Yes, I agree, both were in the wrong…two reds for me…Sykes and the “tripper”.

And Joe Bennett (Wigan) was a similar kick out…and should’ve been a red too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is the Swansea player who took him out preceding the incident, going to be suspended for causing it? If he hadn't brought down Sykes he wouldn't have been sliding on his back in the direction of the one he tripped up. City and Sykes get the blame and the cheating Swansea defender who started it gets away with it.

No, of course not. I know I can be called as biased but the amount of skulduggery that has been dished out this season on our players by so many opponents who are not penalised during or after the match, is incredible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

Evans was, Cunningham got nowt.

This seems a crazy decision  can we appeal?

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was booked at the time wasn't he, dunno if that couldn't have been upgraded.

Sykes red v Luton seems inconsistent with the fact Freeman also at fault.

No, it couldn’t…but it should never have been a yellow in the first place.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Was that it? Bloody hell, football has gone soft. 

Saying that, it reminds me of the little kick out Beckham did all those years ago. 

It’s not really “gone soft” then if it was a red 25 years ago (yes I feel old writing that!)

Looking at the footage it’s hard to argue, you can’t kick out at someone whether you make full contact or not is irrelevant.

It does look like the Swansea player moved intentionally towards Sykes and appeared to stand on his hand/try to…

• Like 1

Would this have followed an appeal by Swansea or do the FA go through every match later checking for infringements.

Can remember a couple of incidents against Sheffield United where there could have a red card and the ref just signalled to play on!