IGNORED

Sykes 4 match ban

sh1t_ref_again

From BCFC

Mark Sykes has been suspended for four matches following an incident in 81st minute of the Sky Bet Championship game against Swansea City on Sunday, March 19th.
A statememt from the FA read: “The midfielder’s behaviour was not seen by the match officials at the time, but it was caught on camera, and The FA subsequently alleged that it constitutes violent conduct.
"Mark Sykes denied the charge against him, but it was found to be proven by an independent Regulatory Commission following a hearing, and a four-match suspension applies.
"The standard punishment for violent conduct is a three-match suspension. However a four-match suspension applies in this case as Mark Sykes was sent off earlier this season."
Sykes will miss the games against Reading, Stoke City, Middlesbrough and Watford.

Good job Bailey Wright doesn’t still play for us or he might have got banned again.

Real shame but as the season doesn’t have much left to play for & we’re expecting a few back after the international break it could have come at a worse time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, !james said:

4 games for that?! Dear oh dear that is unbelievable.

Do we know whether Evans and/or Cunningham got banned for assaulting our players at Preston earlier in the season? I can’t remember seeing an outcome to those situations?

I hate to moan about things like this because it always looks like sour grapes, but it does seem that the FA have it in for us in some way. This is a ridiculous decision. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

3 games for that?!  Wow, the game has officially 'gone'.....

How so?  It's petulant and his studs go towards the blokes knee.  Catch him wrong and that could cause injury. There are times where we can feel hard done by, but I don't think this is one of those times.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I hate that a player can cynically trip someone at full-tilt.  One ref in the PL was brave to call it dangerous and give a red card.  But nobody else does.

Agree but it’s pretty petulant from Sykes. Shades of Beckham on Simeone back in ‘98. He gave the officials a decision to make, retrospectively or not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I hate that a player can cynically trip someone at full-tilt.  One ref in the PL was brave to call it dangerous and give a red card.  But nobody else does.

Application of the rules has always been inconsistent and I agree that the situation you state should be a red.  There's no attempt to play the ball and the speed of movement can cause damage. 

I doing think it changes the fact that if that was a Swans player suspended for doing what Sykes did we'd be thinking it was probably about right.

• Hmmm 1