IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

Was looking for bits of news about Scott etc. Apologies if already posted but a food article albeit from end of March.

https://theanalyst.com/2023/03/alex-scott-bristol-city-press-resistant-teenager/

For the chatter about Dortmund on here, nothing at all from their end. They already have a replacement in mind according to one report, someone called Enzo Le Fee.  Cannot say I know anything of him but he is 23, turned it in February according to a quick search.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was looking for bits of news about Scott etc. Apologies if already posted but a food article albeit from end of March.

https://theanalyst.com/2023/03/alex-scott-bristol-city-press-resistant-teenager/

For the chatter about Dortmund on here, nothing at all from their end. They already have a replacement in mind according to one report, someone called Enzo Le Fee.  Cannot say I know anything of him but he is 23, turned it in February according to a quick search.

23 seems a bit old for Dortmund, certainly for a “rising star”. Bellingham was truly precocious at 16, while at 19, Scott is the perfect age for them to improve a young player and then move on for an enormous fee 3-4 years later, as per Haaland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

23 seems a bit old for Dortmund, certainly for a “rising star”. Bellingham was truly precocious at 16, while at 19, Scott is the perfect age for them to improve a young player and then move on for an enormous fee 3-4 years later, as per Haaland.

No mention of a link and also perhaps they are looking to retain a bit more, be the destination with some more rather than the platform.

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

Watching RTV post match, am I right in saying he was the only player to break the line of passive stewards to come and have a clap closer to the fans on his own?

It certainly looked like a goodbye.

He was actually man handled, slightly reluctantly, to be at the front of everyone else by Andy King. So King thinks he’s definitely off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

He was actually man handled, slightly reluctantly, to be at the front of everyone else by Andy King. So King thinks he’s definitely off. 

Of course, he might simply have been saying “they’re singing your song Alex, it’s the last game of the season, go and take your applause”.

• Like 3

And if just reasonably likely he’ll be off, he won’t get another chance to say goodbye, so might as well today. Doubt many will be livid if he pops up at the Old Cothamians 3rds community game in July having signed a new contract - “Scotty’s a ******, he said his goodbyes”.

Edited by The Swan and Cemetery
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Of course, he might simply have been saying “they’re singing your song Alex, it’s the last game of the season, go and take your applause”.

Is this summer as good as it’s going to get as far as getting the best price for him, or would it be possible to keep him another season and still get that money or maybe more? Presuming he stays on his current contract.

Just wandering what the Lansdown’s might be thinking. 

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Is this summer as good as it’s going to get as far as getting the best price for him, or would it be possible to keep him another season and still get that money or maybe more? Presuming he stays on his current contract.

Just wandering what the Lansdown’s might be thinking. 

He’s not the difference between going up next season or not for me, so I’d take the cash and put it towards the rebuild 

Edited by Rob k
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

He’s not the difference between going up next season or not for me, so I’d take the cash and put it towards the rebuild 

I think I agree, obviously would love him to stay but in the long run probably best to cash in now.

it’s been great in the last few weeks that there’s been plenty of talk about how good Vyner, Pring and Conway are. Loving it .

Edited by ralphindevon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

For me it was definitely that, Alex is a humble young player and King would rightly be telling him to appreciate his own achievements this season 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Definitely this, doubt Pearson will be joking with him like that if he was waving goodbye to the away fans after what he said about Massengo doing that last season 

• Admin
11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Has something like this ever been written about one of our players? ?

There’s an argument to suggest that Rice, Bellingham and Scott in three years’ time could be the best midfield trio in world football. Hyperbole? Maybe. Within the range of outcomes? Certainly.”

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ian M said:

Has something like this ever been written about one of our players? ?

There’s an argument to suggest that Rice, Bellingham and Scott in three years’ time could be the best midfield trio in world football. Hyperbole? Maybe. Within the range of outcomes? Certainly.”

I think it has been, around 30 years ago:

There’s an argument to suggest that Mitchell, Thompson and Hutchings in three years’ time could be the best defensive-midfield axis in world football. Hyperbole? Maybe. Within the range of outcomes? Certainly.”

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it has been, around 30 years ago:

There’s an argument to suggest that Mitchell, Thompson and Hutchings in three years’ time could be the best defensive-midfield axis in world football. Hyperbole? Maybe. Within the range of outcomes? Certainly.”

Christ that brings back some nightmares, and to think we swapped Thompson for Andy May ?

12 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Doubt many will be livid if he pops up at the Old Cothamians 3rds community game in July having signed a new contract - “Scotty’s a ******, he said his goodbyes”.

My team! He'll be amongst some illustrious company if that does happen