IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 minute ago, cityal said:

My recollection may be wrong - but I think that Brentford SOLD Watkins for £20m+ and then used that money to buy Toney - They then went up in Toney's first season?

The model used by Brentford is exactly what several people are advocating for in selling Scott this summer. 

Superb succession planning.

I’m getting old a forgetful but want it something like Hogan to Vibe to Maupay to Watkins to Toney.  They had Forss waiting in the wings in case Toney didn’t come / didn’t work out also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grey Fox said:

Nottingham Forest? There are plenty others, then of course you have the PL with Manchester City , Chelsea etc

Those you mentioned that got punished, only were for failing to get promoted.

The system is corrupt, plain and simple 

I really do query NFFC position to last season. I also have a problem with Stoke and their using Covid in part to wipe the slate somewhat.

PL totally agree  took far too long to refer Everton too.

2 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Nottingham Forest? There are plenty others, then of course you have the PL with Manchester City , Chelsea etc

Those you mentioned that got punished, only were for failing to get promoted.

The system is corrupt, plain and simple 

Forest didn't break any rules though, there accounts are there for all to see 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I really do query NFFC position to last season. I also have a problem with Stoke and their using Covid in part to wipe the slate somewhat.

PL totally agree  took far too long to refer Everton too.

We did the same as Stoke though, if it wasn't for the campaigning from our former ceo as well as Stoke and a number of others, we would of breached ffp

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m getting old a forgetful but want it something like Hogan to Vibe to Maupay to Watkins to Toney.  They had Forss waiting in the wings in case Toney didn’t come / didn’t work out also.

Yep and although Gray and Hogan were signed in the same summer, Hogan picked up a long injury so you could argue it went Gray to Hogan to Vibe to Maupay to Watkins to Toney

5 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

It's the dodgy stadium sells that got me

The problem is as old as time. Build the wall higher, and they come up with a bigger ladder. Not to say you shouldn't try, but as soon as you close a loophole,  the tossers find another one.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We did the same as Stoke though, if it wasn't for the campaigning from our former ceo as well as Stoke and a number of others, we would of breached ffp

I think we’d have sold Semenyo….and that would’ve resolved FFP….just meant we’d be entering this window 1) without Cornick and Mehmeti and 2) having to sell to recruit.  I reckon the Semenyo money was kinda the amount we managed to get “let-off” re covid allowable over and above the set figures.

Looking back you could argue that we’ve made 5 signings because of the two done in January.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think we’d have sold Semenyo….and that would’ve resolved FFP….just meant we’d be entering this window 1) without Cornick and Mehmeti and 2) having to sell to recruit.  I reckon the Semenyo money was kinda the amount we managed to get “let-off” re covid allowable over and above the set figures.

Looking back you could argue that we’ve made 5 signings because of the two done in January.

That would make sense. The Semenyo sale would mean we passed for sure..IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jbcfc said:

they’re not, as paul o’keefe says. understandable as they’ve just bought maddison.

Agreed though they are not similar players and there are rumours that Højbjerg might be sold to Atlético Madrid and Winks is already off to Leicester.

West Ham still seem most likely to me.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Forest didn't break any rules though, there accounts are there for all to see 

Their pre tax losses were £94m in the period ending 2021-22. I'll debate this wirh you on the FFP thread if you like as I don't want to go into depth on here

-£25m pre tax 2018-19

-£17m in each of 2019-20 and 2020-21 (pre tax, debt waivers don't count in FFP so -£22m).

The average there is -£17m

-£47m pre tax 2021-22.

Their Covid add-backs were highly interesting..they argued £12m in the season of 2021-22 and £8m in each of 2019-10 and 2020-21 (averaged at £8m).

That 3rd year figure is very suspect.

Stoke my main issue is their transfer market activity which should be challenged IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On Talksport earlier they said that 30 yo Wilfried Zaha’s contract with Palace expired today after he turned down their final offer of £200k pw.

There really is far too much money in football these days. We really can’t compete with clubs in the Prem which can countenance such colossal salaries. I’d love him to stay with us but were I Alex’s dad, I’d be telling my son to jump aboard the gravy train just as soon as possible. 

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

On Talksport earlier they said that 30 yo Wilfried Saha’s contract with Palace expired today after he turned down their final offer of £200k pw.

There really is far too much money in football these days. We really can’t compete with clubs in the Prem which can countenance such colossal salaries. I’d love him to stay with us but were I Alex’s dad, I’d be telling my son to jump aboard the gravy train just as soon as possible. 

Never heard of him.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Don't forget Benrahma....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Not aimed at yourself Dave - but there are plenty on here who rave on as if Alex Scott is Premier League ready etc. I’ve seen comments describing him as our “greatest ever youngster” etc and you could be forgiven for thinking he is the only up and coming English talent the way some posters carry on

He is an incredible talent - with bags of potential - I’m simply saying some people on here make out like he is ready to waltz into a Premier League starting 11.  

Its a huge step up 

Course it is. But is he of the level Webster was before he took to the PL like a duck to water?

Without hesitation. Better, if anything. And younger.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

On Talksport earlier they said that 30 yo Wilfried Zaha’s contract with Palace expired today after he turned down their final offer of £200k pw.

Hate to say it but can see salaries inflating even more over the next few seasons due to the money on offer in Saudi Arabia (it won’t be to the extent of what’s being offered there but it’s certainly likely to drive the salaries up to some extent)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW very few fees of this amount will be up-front.  It’ll be instalments, but we will charge them for it, in effect like interest.

So if fee I’d £25m, we might actually charge them £4 if they want to pay it over 4 years, £5m now, £5m next year, etc, so it’s £29m in total.

Fictitious numbers!!!

Are you making. This up Dave ?

1 hour ago, Fammyfan said:

Hate to say it but can see salaries inflating even more over the next few seasons due to the money on offer in Saudi Arabia (it won’t be to the extent of what’s being offered there but it’s certainly likely to drive the salaries up to some extent)

The guys from MRKT Insights reckon they are seeing wage requests up by 40% on last summer.  In their opinion it’s like covid never happened, nor had any effect.  Worrying.

13 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Are you making. This up Dave ?

The amounts are for example purposes, yes.

The concept itself of how instalments and “interest” are charged, ? not.

• Thanks 1

Sale rebuild, sale rebuild, sale rebuild, its a plan if it gets us somewhere but...... we are still where we were 50/60yrs ago in the 2nd tier. Scott one of the best prospects in this div be nice to hang on to him for a change having already cashed in on AS.:dunno:

11 hours ago, chinapig said:

Agreed though they are not similar players and there are rumours that Højbjerg might be sold to Atlético Madrid and Winks is already off to Leicester.

West Ham still seem most likely to me.

Personally don’t think West Ham & there style of play would not get the best from Alex or wolves 

Brighton all day long for me whether they make a bid remains to be seen 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Any body else think our business is done until / if Scott departs , gone very quiet on the incomings outgoings since the initial little burst of activity 

No, we are looking for a midfielder regardless.of Scott staying or going, and if kalas goes then expect another defender