IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

I think Wolves and Bournemouth will battle it out for a couple of weeks then a bigger club will come in late on with a deal that matches or exceeds our expectations. Feels far from over just yet!

And I honestly don’t think we have to rush a decision either.  If it happens late in the window, we’ve got in who we really wanted anyway.  We need to maximise the money, whatever amount that ultimately is.

2 minutes ago, paignton red said:

Did you have a spreadsheet to work out that it would be you who got it to a 100 pages davefevs ? ?

I post so much, was always in with a chance! ???

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, paignton red said:

Did you have a spreadsheet to work out that it would be you who got it to a 100 pages davefevs ? ?

I'm glad it was Davefevs who broke through the 100 mark. His posts are always so informative and at times fun. He contributes so much to the site and had a fly by night/glory hunter achieved it who hardly posts at all it would've seemed so unfair and I would've demanded a re-count.

As it is our Davefevs can justifiably raise his bat and milk the applause.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

19 hours ago, chinapig said:

Of course Brentford kept selling their best players with disastrous consequences. Imagine where they would be if they had kept those players. No ambition at all.?

End goal was the same - the difference is that they did so with no £20m losses.

Out of all the management teams we've had - this is the most confident I've been where if we had/have a big sale with AS - we'd at least reinvest wisely. The same way Brentford did with M'Buemo, Pinnock, Norgaard, and Jensen from the Watkins funds alone.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Could be a load of rubbish but going on this Alex ain't going to West Ham.

This, if true, embellishes what was rumoured happened at a possible meeting the other day. It seems like West Ham won't be his destination. Furthermore, Hammers fans seem to accept this now and are far more preoccupied with whether they should buy Harry Maguire. 

It thus seems to be between Bournemouth and Wolves now. The two clubs who have submitted rejected offers. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if an Italian or German top flight team join the bidders. We have to remember that England youth representative matches are watched over Europe and Scott's performances and experience in men's football are bound to have got a few clubs on the continent interested.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fuber said:

End goal was the same - the difference is that they did so with no £20m losses.

Out of all the management teams we've had - this is the most confident I've been where if we had/have a big sale with AS - we'd at least reinvest wisely. The same way Brentford did with M'Buemo, Pinnock, Norgaard, and Jensen from the Watkins funds alone.

Well yes, that was the point I was making rather sarcastically. It was being argued that selling your best players shows a lack of ambition when Brentford show that not to be the case.

The key as you say is how well you use the money. Under the Ashton/LJ regime we used it badly with the exception of selling Flint and signing Webster for less.

Like you I have confidence that the current regime will do a lot better. Indeed they already have so far.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Well yes, that was the point I was making rather sarcastically. It was being argued that selling your best players shows a lack of ambition when Brentford show that not to be the case.

The key as you say is how well you use the money. Under the Ashton/LJ regime we used it badly with the exception of selling Flint and signing Webster for less.

Like you I have confidence that the current regime will do a lot better. Indeed they already have so far.

Brentford often had the replacement in the building already!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, it sets us up for future windows and reduces the need to sell the next one too.

Agreed.. having a budget ready for when we need it and know we need a player could be really useful. And like you say if the time comes that teams are after players like Conway we can hold off unless the fee is as high as we want.

Just called an old mate that's a massive Jack about Cundle. He raved about him. They are desperate to get him back on loan.

From what I was toldabout his style, it would certainly be worth exploring as he's a player. Not a loan though.

All hypothetical  but it would be down to whether big Nige fancies him I guess.

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just called an old mate that's a massive Jack about Cundle. He raved about him. They are desperate to get him back on loan.

From what I was toldabout his style, it would certainly be worth exploring as he's a player. Not a loan though.

All hypothetical  but it would be down to whether big Nige fancies him I guess.

One or two Wolves fans on their forum a few days ago did suggest Cundle as part of any deal might be a useful fit.

All hypothetical as you say.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

19 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Load of ****, Scott was in Austria when this supposedly happened 

Scott a self confessed big Tottenham fan which he doesn’t hide going to West Ham ummmmm , slightly dodgy move on Scott’s behalf if he doesn’t go well , West Ham’s fans not the easiest fans to play in front of . Just a thought ?

Apologies if this has been mentioned.... There's a good possibility given that the ton is up, congrats folks! 

IF Scott needs to leave us (of course would be amazing to have him spearhead us to promotion then stick around another year or so), but if he did, the candidates currently seem to be the smaller prem clubs. Chances are he'd get games, but feasibly given the nature of the division, he could comfortably find himself in a team getting dubbed every week and related bottom. 

Move to a top 10 club - and the danger is he doesn't get a look in. Djed Spencer - thought he looked awesome in the championship, and not had a sniff at spurs. 

Here's my thoughts (tho balanced against the fact that football players are human beings susceptible to the same emotions as everyone else).... What about Germany? I think that German teams do great things bringing youngsters through. And we know what happens after they've set bundesliga on fire for a year or two... 

But it could really help him further his game, but bring a different culture to it. Play highly competitive football. And if he's set for the very top, any move he could get now in the top German league could ignite interest from their biggest teams, and Europe's a year or two down the line. 

The difficulty is, being that much further from friends and family at that age, though I've no doubt clubs have great support in place to help mitigate that. 

And also, there has to be a bid / interest, which to my knowledge isn't there. 

I was just thinking, Scott playing for Bournemouth in a relation battle, or starting for a top 10 German league side....that could be awesome for the observers, and could be a very intelligent career move for him. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, redkev said:

Scott a self confessed big Tottenham fan which he doesn’t hide going to West Ham ummmmm , slightly dodgy move on Scott’s behalf if he doesn’t go well , West Ham’s fans not the easiest fans to play in front of . Just a thought ?

Not many West Ham fans would know or cares he supports Spurs

I just watched some highlights of Kephren Thuram, the 22 year-old Nice player that Liverpool are rumoured to be interested in.

In the limited clips I saw, there was a distinct similarity to Scott in that he glides past players, gets stuck in and delivers a good ball. 

He also apparently has a similar price tag. I'm a little surprised Liverpool scouts wouldn't prefer the younger, homegrown version.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I just watched some highlights of Kephren Thuram, the 22 year-old Nice player that Liverpool are rumoured to be interested in.

In the limited clips I saw, there was a distinct similarity to Scott in that he glides past players, gets stuck in and delivers a good ball. 

He also apparently has a similar price tag. I'm a little surprised Liverpool scouts wouldn't prefer the younger, homegrown version.

English tax

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

Top division, some European club competition may tip the balance Thuram's way.

Otoh Scott is IMO ahead of where Thuram was by age 19, 20 let alone 17 and 18. How much might Thuram cost by way of comparison?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Top division, some European club competition may tip the balance Thuram's way.

Otoh Scott is IMO ahead of where Thuram was by age 19, 20 let alone 17 and 18. How much might Thuram cost by way of comparison?

Hang on.... I found one article stating that Thuram was available for £20-25m, hence my comparison. Then found another article quoting £43m!

Transfermarkt have Thuram as a £40m player and Scott valued at half that.

Interestingly, Thuram was criticised for his performances in the U21 Euros.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1