IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Not many West Ham fans would know or cares he supports Spurs

West Ham have a massive dislike for Tottenham , if they did sign him and he didn’t do very well not all but some fans would deffo use the Tottenham fan stick to beat him with happens at a lot of clubs 

remember city having a certain Gary emanual ex gas years ago , didn’t go well he got loads of abuse off city fans 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jose said:

Laughable comments on their forum. We are messing them about so they should tell us to do one ?

Here’s an idea, pay the asking price or just **** off.

Right? It's not like we haven't always stated 25m minimum for months now? They're wasting their own time if anything 

Edited by P'head Red
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

Laughable comments on their forum. We are messing them about so they should tell us to do one ?

While I agree there is obviously a tactic at play here on their part which is maybe to try and unsettle Scott. Same may go for Bournemouth, even if it is a small part of the gameplan etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

Just had a little giggle at that, "You can't start a bidding war if only one other club is left bidding". there is ages left in the window and we don't have to sell. the arrogance of various clubs supporters is crazy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ealing Robin said:

Just had a little giggle at that, "You can't start a bidding war if only one other club is left bidding". there is ages left in the window and we don't have to sell. the arrogance of various clubs supporters is crazy.

Glad you mentioned.

I was initially a tad hesitant in respect of this because PL clubs with the money and the pull have a lot of targets to aim for but the arrogance, very glad the club are sticking to the plan.. we're not selling him on the cheap in 2023.

• Like 1

Here’s me hoping the West Ham rumour was true. Wolves get prices out after this offer. Bournemouth can’t reach 25m after they sign the LB they are in for. And Scott won’t sign for spurs as he won’t get game time. He stays for the year, we go undefeated and Scott is the first player to win the balon dor whilst playing in a countries second tier.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While I agree there is obviously a tactic at play here on their part which is maybe to try and unsettle Scott. Same may go for Bournemouth, even if it is a small part of the gameplan etc.

They can try but  I can't see Scott letting us down he knows the score he knows the price and he's currently under contract I think he wants the best thing for both parties that's the way it comes across to me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jose said:

This.

Same to West Ham, Bournemouth et al. The price is £25M, not 15, 18 or 20, £25M.

We've never hidden that price. You all want him but are trying to bully us. That isn't us 'messing about'.

How about you offer the price required or as you so eloquently put it, 'do one'!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Street red said:

They can try but  I can't see Scott letting us down he knows the score he knows the price and he's currently under contract I think he wants the best thing for both parties that's the way it comes across to me.

There's a fair chance he will start agitating behind the scenes if it's a club he wants to move to and sees them putting in serious bids, as Wolves are. 'Putting in a transfer request' in old news

• Like 1

I find it amazing that one of these clubs doesn’t say, ‘here’s £25m. Thanks.’ And get it done - especially if you think he’s that good you are bidding £18-20m for him in the first place. 
To me, it’s a no brainer. Class player: great attitude, works hard, versatile, skilful, good passer, holds the ball, 19yo. Every signing is a gamble, but some signings are less of a gamble than others. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I find it amazing that one of these clubs doesn’t say, ‘here’s £25m. Thanks.’ And get it done - especially if you think he’s that good you are bidding £18-20m for him in the first place. 
To me, it’s a no brainer. Class player: great attitude, works hard, versatile, skilful, good passer, holds the ball, 19yo. Every signing is a gamble, but some signings are less of a gamble than others. 

While I agree from an ability let alone potential perspective and think our value is fair, clubs will always try to maximise every penny in and out.

It's arrogant on one level but just business too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While I agree from an ability let alone potential perspective and think our value is fair, clubs will always try to maximise every penny in and out.

Of course, Mr P. But why lose him to another club if you really want him? 

Just now, firstdivision said:

I see your point yeah FD.

We're holding our line well, strong upside for any buying club too..possibly conflicting football v finance objectives, Director of Football or CEO may say "If you spend that extra £5m that's a bit less for target or wages elsewhere in the side".

Modern football too, maybe Manager/Head Coach and I dunno Director of Football have a different view on his precise valuation, plenty of different dynamics at play.

All IMO of course.

2 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

As soon as one club has a bid accepted then another club will bid that amount. At the moment wolves and Bournemouth are seeing what they can get away with paying. Would be weird if they didn’t do that 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't know how reliable etc.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9526fu5hf1fk1o6vbhvq

Long story short, second bid from Wolves lodged...

Does it actually say a second bid has been put in and rejected? ?

It doesn’t to me!

I can happily read that either way, in fact I read it as if he’s talking about the £18m rejected bid and this meant a package of just over £20m.

Subtly worded imho.

I’ve asked him to clarify, I doubt he’ll reply though.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It doesn’t to me!

I can happily read that either way, in fact I read it as if he’s talking about the £18m rejected bid and this meant a package of just over £20m.

Subtly worded imho.

He ends with 'It’s unclear if Wolves will go in again' so surely he means the latest bid.

I agree though it can easily be read either way.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It doesn’t to me!

Subtly worded imho.

I take it to mean the Wolves bid of £20m or so is a new one..after the initial £18m one but the wording interesting for sure.

45 minutes ago, Ealing Robin said:

On the other hand the arrogance of those suggesting we’ll be promoted with Alex Scott, in a much stronger championship this year is also crazy ?

I can see why Alex would love to play for Spurs as the team he supports but that would really be a bad move for him as he may not get the game time he needs to develop.

All the talk about Wolves and Bournemouth is interesting, but I still think that West Ham will come in with a late offer with the money from selling Declan Rice burning a hole in their pocket.

For Alex himself at his age, money should not be his main concern.  He needs to go somewhere he is likely to get game time or stay put for another year and continue his development here.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Of course it is, doesn't stop their fans coming across as extremely arrogant though.

I don't see that City have done anything wrong and have, admirably, stuck to their  guns / price.

Just because it doesn't sit well with Wolves, West ham and Bournemouth fans is their issue and not ours.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Of course it is, doesn't stop their fans coming across as extremely arrogant though.

I don't see that City have done anything wrong and have, admirably, stuck to their  guns / price.

Just because it doesn't sit well with Wolves, West ham and Bournemouth fans is their issue and not ours.

Oh spot on.

I'm impressed with how we are standing our ground. Some of the loudest voices online can be on any forum so maybe I won't generalise but definitely an issue for them not us. We are just looking to maximise our grain from a fantastic academy product or keep him for a bit longer if not.

For balance there are definitely fans on their forums or Twitter who are dismayed at the caution of their clubs, pay up basically the strong suggestion from some.

• Like 2