IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Perhaps we did? Tho with Scott and Benarous we may have thought we didn't need him. Also Huddersfield were more of a pull last summer.

He wasn’t a target last summer!!!  We (Harry’s group) recommended him.

53 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

He's on my list and was before he went to Huddersfield. I've noticed they've not been active on transfers. Do they need to sell?

They are a bit hamstrung I think.

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

What do these sources mean when they say 'preparing'? 

What is the point of “nearer” also! ?

23 minutes ago, mozo said:

One for @Davefevs I think but my basic understanding is that you don't just make a bid, but may lay groundwork, agents may 'sound out' agents, then obviously contractual terms, payment structure etc, probably the Manager, Financial department and Scouting department may all liaise at the Wolves end before 'push the button' and deciding whether to make an official bid.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

Someone edits the word doc. Someone agrees the edit. Goes to CEO. He sends back for further amendment/typo that hadn't been spotted in previous bids. Gets printed, signed off by CEO, faxed to city by secretary (I still like to think the fax is used).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One for @Davefevs I think but my basic understanding is that you don't just make a bid, but may lay groundwork, agents may 'sound out' agents, then obviously contractual terms, payment structure etc, probably the Manager, Financial department and Scouting department may all liaise at the Wolves end before 'push the button' and deciding whether to make an official bid.

My view is that they are just playing word-spaghetti to make it look like they know.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes, recall that.  Wasn’t our understanding.  Maybe I’d have been better to have said “I don’t think he was a target”, rather than try to be so categoric.

Were we in a position to pay fees last summer out of interest? There were some serious concerns about the financial side, save for the development fee for Wilson we went almost 3 windows without paying one and thst logjam only cleared up when Semenyo went.

As in January 2022, summer 2022 and most of January 2023..up until Semenyo went.

I think even Bamba on a free was deemed and yeah footballing reasons too, was deemed questionable financially in September 2022.

Just now, Davefevs said:

My view is that they are just playing word-spaghetti to make it look like they know.

100%. FootballInsider have rehashed the same article twice since wolves second bid having no actually news. 

A “Source” told them that wolves are closing in on the bid. Most likely someone in wolves team to keep rumours circulating. Will be trying to have as much media attention as possible to unsettle Alex and hope he forces the move. 

Just wait till Percy/Bcfcshags reports something imo.

Surely its getting to a point where we say to Alex

'Look we have had a £23m bid, its below our asking price and we don't want to sell but if you want Wolves then we will accept

If you don't want Wolves then we would like you to sign this contract with £££ payrise and £30m release clause'

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

'Look we have had a £23m bid, its below our asking price and we don't want to sell but if you want Wolves then we will accept

If you don't want Wolves then we would like you to sign this contract with £££ payrise and £30m release clause'

Piece of piss , jobs a good un

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If this is to believed, Wolves are getting closer but it isn't yet £25m.

? On Alex Scott, #bcfc are now preparing to reject an improved offer for the England Under-20 international as it does not match the £25m asking price.

This now the fourth Wolves bid for Scott to be rejected, having seen a bid rejected for his services in the January window and two this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah could be all sorts of admin, but as Fevs says, probably just a fluffy word for the journo to make a guess...

Wolves have been 'preparing' a third bid for two days now. It must be an incredibly complex bid!!

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It may turn out to be just a rehash but I am inclined to believe that the next bid by Wolves will also fall below £25m.

Higher than before but short of £25m. We shall see but just a gut feeling.

Yeah, £23/24m 'final' offer wouldn't surprise me! But possibly with a sweetener in there.

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Provided that the pay rise doesn't tip us over FFP of course. If we were to offer him a rise to £40-50k per week, would that be a factor...how far both could we go and would we go in terms of a pay increase.

I don't think we would pay this at this level btw but I wonder what the maximum we would or could offer him might be.

The odd £1m or even several hundred thousands of £s are really important in any business. They will try to find a formula with add ons that will satisfy all parties and save as much as possible. Every offer will be subject to meetings and discussions between the executives who will make the offer. They are judged on such things, that is why it can seem to take an age. We seem to do our work under cover as far as possible, maybe it is more difficult with a Premier league set up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Did they not do all that before they made the previous official bids?

Surely (don't call me that) the only thing to do now is haggle (see pg7) on the exact price?

Fiver this post goes to 150pages before we see a done deal

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soultrader said:

Did they not do all that before they made the previous official bids?

Surely (don't call me that) the only thing to do now is haggle (see pg7) on the exact price?

Fiver this post goes to 150pages before we see a done deal

Would have thought so but maybe it's also a case of "If we bid £x for this player then we can spend a certain amount on other bits of the side but if we raise this £x to £x+ on this player, how does this impact upon our budget for a new striker".

That's football considerations but financially it may depend how far clear of FFP they now are or I dunno cash flow, other areas of expenditure in the club, a few moving parts.

I'm speculating too somewhat, granted! ?

27 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mark, is that you?

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Provided that the pay rise doesn't tip us over FFP of course. If we were to offer him a rise to £40-50k per week, would that be a factor...how far both could we go and would we go in terms of a pay increase.

I don't think we would pay this at this level btw but I wonder what the maximum we would or could offer him might be.

We won’t be offering him that kind of money, goes completely against the wage structure Nige is working to / with.  Imagine he’d have several players in the squad knocking on his door.  Not gonna happen.

I can only guess that £12-15k p.w and some of that might be maximum, inc appearance money.

17 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha reminds me when on being quoted that it would take at least £40m to sign Luis Suarez from Liverpool- Arsene Wenger offered £40,000,000.01

Even better when Super Mac (Malcom McDonald) signed for Arsenal for 1/3 of a million, the cheque was written for £333,333.34p.  The old Arsenal owner (Hill-Wood???) said I don’t want Newcastle bleating about the 1p!

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

Why would he do that? What benefit does it give to him?

In respect of the release clause?  Dunno, but you’d imagine if he signs a new deal (assuming he stays) there is some sensible conversation about what that amount needs to be.  Finding that compromise might not be easy.

• Thanks 1