IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

But then playing in front of 40-50,000 fans and world class coaches and managers every other week. With an excellent exciting manager managing him. Will probably play every game. 

it’s not the exciting club we wanted for him, but imo it’s the absolute perfect one. 

Yeah but do they have pre-match Natch (from a can) and Wurzels in the dressing room...?

I thought not...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

He's better than Bournemouth. 

Already accepted that he's going to leave so it's not bitterness, but it's hugely disappointing if he ends up at a small club playing in front 10000 fans.

Tinpot.

In fairness do we really care where he goes? Of course i'd like him to stay but if he wants to go to Bournemouth then so be it.

Edited by Super
  • Like 5

Football is and always will be cyclical for all teams barring one or two clubs. When Bournemouth, with their “fairytale” promotion which breached FFP, and their 7k stadium see their bubble burst, and it will, I will raise a glass to their demise. 

good luck tho Alex, wish him nothing but success - a true star in the making. 

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Literally the only detail is 'set to beat Wolves'. Nothing about an offer being tabled, let alone accepted. What is supposed to have actually happened here...?

I think the phrase "In Advanced talks" is an interesting one.

Previously it was stated about fees/bids etc.

The fact that Pete O has gone as far as to say the clubs are as per above, demonstrates that he believes that things have moved on.

No doubt James Piercy will be looking to double down on this from a local perspective if true.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Nothing but speculation 

Not sure about that. Football Insider can be absolute dross with literal guesswork and speculation manifesting as news. But Peter O is their actual journalist and article is pretty clear that it is sourced information and advanced talks. You might be right that the 'beat Wolves to signing' is overstating and speculative. But I would suspect there is something in this.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Not sure about that. Football Insider can be absolute dross with literal guesswork and speculation manifesting as news. But Peter O is their actual journalist and article is pretty clear that it is sourced information and advanced talks. You might be right that the 'beat Wolves to signing' is overstating and speculative. But I would suspect there is something in this.

It is though, it says nothing,

Nothing about a bid being accepted

Nothing about these advance talks

The article is the very definition so speculation,

How can you have advance talks with a player for example if you haven't even bid,

It's nonsense, it's an article designed to filter traffic to a site for add revenue, Nothing more,

I cant believe I'm saying this, but the post is alot better then this rubbish

• Haha 1

Doubt we will ever see a sell on if he goes to Bournemouth. Take Kelly as an example. Although proven premier league worthy, not been of interest to any bigger club. Bournemouth style of play and the fact they are regular relegation fodder compared to the likes of Brighton who in contrast are much more progressive, have a history of buying players, developing them and selling them on for greater fees mean in my eyes, Bournemouth is a terrible move for us and possibly for him. I see it better for him to stay with us again, smash the championship and prove to clubs higher up the ladder he is worth a bigger offer

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Doubt we will ever see a sell on if he goes to Bournemouth. Take Kelly as an example. Although proven premier league worthy, not been of interest to any bigger club. Bournemouth style of play and the fact they are regular relegation fodder compared to the likes of Brighton who in contrast are much more progressive, have a history of buying players, developing them and selling them on for greater fees mean in my eyes, Bournemouth is a terrible move for us and possibly for him. I see it better for him to stay with us again, smash the championship and prove to clubs higher up the ladder he is worth a bigger offer

More like Bournemouth priced him out of a move somewhat. Bournemouth don't tend to sell their best players especially when something riding on a season.

From 2015-16 to present it could be argued Ramsdale, Ake, Ritchie, Danjuma and Wilson. It's quite rare- dunno if any of them had a buyout clause either.

For Kelly, I give you Webster.

There was interest in him in January 2022 but Bournemouth okay for FFP and bolstered by Parachute Payments and a contract until 2024 would not have let him go for <£50m. That tends to price out- Ake went for £40m or so after all so they knew what they were doing there.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Spudgun said:

He's better than Bournemouth. 

Already accepted that he's going to leave so it's not bitterness, but it's hugely disappointing if he ends up at a small club playing in front 10000 fans.

Tinpot.

He’s only as good as the club that are willing to pay the price for him, if that’s Bournemouth then it’s Bournemouth.

Bournemouth would give him the opportunity to play at the top level of English football and showcase his ability and talent and no doubt Scott will see them as a stepping stone to a bigger club, whilst at the time increasing his profile and also no doubt his weekly salary by a significant amount. Which I’m sure he saw is in a similar way when he joined us.

It is a shame that despite the money pumped into Bristol City in many ways we’ve not progressed beyond a middle ranking championship team, until we do we’ll see continue to see our better players leave to clubs we as fans may see as smaller than Bristol City. I’m sure we all long for the day when we’re called ‘tinpot’ by supposedly bigger clubs as we sign their better players because we can offer top flight football! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Might have been a smoke screen message to other clubs looking to fleece us if we show interest in any of their players ? 

Wouldn’t surprise me. Add the wages limit could have included Scott’s new deal means there’s room for a replacement. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Might have been a smoke screen message to other clubs looking to fleece us if we show interest in any of their players ? 

Nige also said he doesn't know how many bids have been made. Of course he does. His office is right next to the CEOs, he has a very close working relationship with Phil and Tins. Nige knows how to use the media to our advantage. He will know exactly how far along negotiations are and if it is closeish then that will explain why he's playing down our ability to buy because he doesn't want us to be fleeced when we do buy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It is though, it says nothing,

Nothing about a bid being accepted

Nothing about these advance talks

The article is the very definition so speculation,

How can you have advance talks with a player for example if you haven't even bid,

It's nonsense, it's an article designed to filter traffic to a site for add revenue, Nothing more,

I cant believe I'm saying this, but the post is alot better then this rubbish

Let's see. We will know soon enough.