IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 minutes ago, Just8 said:

While i agree I'd like to see another midfielder sign if Scott departs. McCrorie has been mooted to easily slot in to midfield. Nige has recently mentioned Roberts can too. And lets not forget Benarous is on the way back and was exceptional before his injury. Don't think we'll be seeing any more than a GK and perhaps CB.

Both Roberts and McCrorie are predominantly full backs/centre backs and I don’t particularly want to see square pegs in round holes. Benarous may be a bonus but until he is back playing first team football can’t be relied upon.

We were a player light in midfield when HNM went out on loan last season, we’ll be in the same position when Scott goes now Knight has arrived. I don’t expect us to go out and spend big but we need one more in there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Newman is down the gate a lot for a variety of reasons. Scott and Semenyo were both on their radar since January. If they won't pay over 30 for JWP, who has bags of Premier League experience I'd be very surprised if they pay similar for a player who doesn't.

West Ham's priority will be players to keep them in the Premier League over potential.

With JWP his value is limited due to the fact West Ham will be unlikely to make any money from him in the future due to his age. 

We all know Scott has incredible potential and therefore the possibility of making huge amounts of money off of him in the future, hence why he's going for 25 million.

He leaves with my my best wishes, it will be tough to hear bournmuff fans rave over him, and they will, but this should secure us financially now for the next 3 seasons, we can be competitive in the transfer market and be on the front foot. 

Genuinely believe we are only 2/3 players away from something special, but on the other hand only a couple of further academy departures from a rebuild. Interesting times.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nigel Pearson in particular will be very disappointed considering he said two days ago "I won't be happy if it's under 25 million"

We've previously rejected a 22 million offer from Wolves so Bournemouths bid must be higher than that which doesn't leave much room for your suggested sizable add ons to take it to the 25 million figure. 

Think you're just trying to double down. Let it go mate.

The £22 million offer included add ons though? It was more like £18 million plus £4 million add ons hence why it was rejected 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nigel Pearson in particular will be very disappointed considering he said two days ago "I won't be happy if it's under 25 million"

We've previously rejected a 22 million offer from Wolves so Bournemouths bid must be higher than that which doesn't leave much room for your suggested sizable add ons to take it to the 25 million figure. 

Think you're just trying to double down. Let it go mate.

In fairness it has nothing to do with Pearson how much he gets sold for.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

With JWP his value is limited due to the fact West Ham will be unlikely to make any money from him in the future due to his age. 

We all know Scott has incredible potential and therefore the possibility of making huge amounts of money off of him in the future, hence why he's going for 25 million.

West Ham need a Rice replacement and JWP is obviously the better choice for what they need. No doubting Scott’s potential but potential won’t keep them in the league. Ward Prowse is a Premier League midfielder who’ll hit the ground running. If they won’t go over 30 million for him they’re not spending 25 on Scott.

22 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The £22m offer included £5m of add-ons. If the total package is £25m then why would Nigel Pearson be unhappy? 

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

West Ham need a Rice replacement and JWP is obviously the better choice for what they need. No doubting Scott’s potential but potential won’t keep them in the league. Ward Prowse is a Premier League midfielder who’ll hit the ground running. If they won’t go over 30 million for him they’re not spending 25 on Scott.

But Bournemouth will? 

JWP isn't a direct replacement for Rice in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Both Roberts and McCrorie are predominantly full backs/centre backs and I don’t particularly want to see square pegs in round holes. Benarous may be a bonus but until he is back playing first team football can’t be relied upon.

We were a player light in midfield when HNM went out on loan last season, we’ll be in the same position when Scott goes now Knight has arrived. I don’t expect us to go out and spend big but we need one more in there.

No we aren't,

King

James

Knight

Naismith when fit

Benarous

Williams

That's 6 players playing for 2 maybe 3 places

You've also got other players who are perfectly capable there

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Depends how the deal was structured. Might have been rising to £25m with myriad add-ons although seen a few posts on the Wolves forum a few weeks back that suggested were trying to spark a bidding war and being tricky etc.

No I'm talking about the wolves bit, 

We never accepted a bid from them

16 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness it has nothing to do with Pearson how much he gets sold for.

I tend to agree in most cases, but given the hand he was dealt, the steadying of the ship, the 2 Year downsizing, which helped to necessitate a strong promotion of youth, the forced austerity for almost 12 months, by which I mean January 2022, summer 2022 and until Semenyo was sold January 2023...I think he would be rather disgruntled and have very decent grounds.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I tend to agree on most cases, but given the hand he was dealt, the steadying of the ship, the downsizing, the forced austerity for almost 12 months, by which I mean January 2022, summer 2022 and until Semenyo was sold January 2023...I think he would be rather disgruntled and have very decent grounds.

Why, he's a manager, he knows the financial situation,

He know his budget

He knows Scott would leave once a suitable bid had been received 

He'd know how much that price would be and he knows how much of that he would be likely to spend

I'm really doubtful he'd be disgruntled,

Disappointed at losing a good player yes, disgruntled doubtful

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Depends how the deal was structured. Might have been rising to £25m with myriad add-ons although seen a few posts on the Wolves forum a few weeks back that suggested were trying to spark a bidding war and being tricky etc.

Am I right in thinking that Pearson and his agent have a good friendship with John Percy? 

If so that suggests to me Percy is reporting on this to alert other clubs to the fact that we are in advanced negotiations with Bournemouth. 

• Hmmm 1

One report I saw, today, from some guy called Ekrem Konur who I've never heard of, has suggested the Bournemouth offer is €30M. Don't think I believe it but if true at current exchange rate that's around £25.75M which would seem to meet our valuation. Structure of any deal could still kill it of course. 

3 minutes ago, Hocca said:

We absolutely need to replace him with another creative attacking midfielder, someone like Scott Twine or Finn Azaz. Knight isn’t that profile and I can’t take much more of Weimann trying to play that role.

Yeah, nightmare watching him score 22 goals from there the other year wasn't it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No we aren't,

King

James

Knight

Naismith when fit

Benarous

Williams

I mean three of them are injured or regularly injured and ones 34. Add that none of them are similar to Scott I’d hope we get someone else in if finances allow.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But Newman has been down Ashton Gate plenty of times to watch Scott as verified by Owers. 

Newman is very much on the side of Moyes so therefore Scott would be one of their targets rather than the new guys.

Scott was very much a target for Newman and Noble, but Moyes allegedly went cold on signing him. They have now moved on to Ward Prowse and Scott looks destined for the South Coast.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No we aren't,

King

James

Knight

Naismith when fit

Benarous

Williams

If King starts more than 5 games in the league we’ve had a nightmare with injuries. Benarous is an unknown quantity due to his his knees being made of rich teas. Personally not happy with Williams, James, Naismith and Knight fighting for the three starting spots when Williams and Naismith can’t be relied upon over the course of a season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Yeah, nightmare watching him score 22 goals from there the other year wasn't it?

Completely different role in a different formation , he’s not the man to pick up spaces in the pockets and get his head up quickly and make the right passes. I like Weimann just not in this particular role in a 433. His strengths are in behind the defence imo.

• Like 2