IGNORED

Joe Low anyone watched him?

REDOXO

I was just looking at a few reports and they seem very positive from both his temporary club and now Wales. Kicked in with a couple of goals here and there two

Is there anyone who has an opinion having seen him or studied his stats if he is going to be pushing for a place next season. 

I saw him against Lincoln but I wouldn’t judge anyone on that garbage

If there is another thread somewhere Mods please feel free to merge. 

Edited by REDOXO

I have glanced at the Walsall forum a few times and the consensus seems to be he is raw and his greatest skillset is his Physicality. A couple see him with potential to be a decent league 1 player.

A few sarcastic comments following his goal for wales, such as "He probably scored from a dodgy clearance". Unlike Kadji though he seems to get a lot more game time and even off the bench ive seen him bag 30mins a few times.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

I saw him come on as a second half sub at Stevenage. Not seen him before but a giant of a player. Seemed very nervous to start but grew in to the game. Liked the physical stuff.Just seemed like he couldn't wait to plough in to someone. But seemed to get little guidance  from the rest of the defence. Has all the physical attributes but needs a lot more playing time before he would be ready for the Championship. 

My gut feel is he’s another season away, ie probably needs another loan next season.  That is unless he “grows into his size”.  From the few times I’ve seen him, he’s not particularly agile.  I really wanted to see him in our u21s early this season play against a team with either 1) quick strikers, who tested him in behind or 2) a big target man but you don’t get many of these in u21s.

At Walsall, because it’s only watching brief highlights only, I’ve not been able to evaluate to any great degree.

His data:

27AFCCDE-6997-468A-B630-2AB6A0376582.thumb.jpeg.c5b7d63b76181b46a958582ef918c42a.jpeg

The big surprise for a big guy is his poor aerial nunbers.  I suspect he is getting muscled off of challenges, strength of opponent is negating his height.  Also his agility to get into position might be hampering him too.

@Lrrr you saw him play live in Lg2, what did you see?

I guess the fact he’s been in and out of the starting line-up might show he’s still got a bit to do.

Caveat; youngsters can develop really quickly, especially when integrated into Nige’s first team environment.

I went to Wimbledon vs Walsall last night in the away end and asked a friend about Joe Low. He was on the bench as he was away with the Wales U21 squad. 

My friend said he wasn't convinced he'd make it at championship level and he couldn't see much to be excited about, however although mid table, the table flatters Walsall quite a bit and they don't play very exciting or attacking football.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My gut feel is he’s another season away, ie probably needs another loan next season.  That is unless he “grows into his size”.  From the few times I’ve seen him, he’s not particularly agile.  I really wanted to see him in our u21s early this season play against a team with either 1) quick strikers, who tested him in behind or 2) a big target man but you don’t get many of these in u21s.

At Walsall, because it’s only watching brief highlights only, I’ve not been able to evaluate to any great degree.

His data:

27AFCCDE-6997-468A-B630-2AB6A0376582.thumb.jpeg.c5b7d63b76181b46a958582ef918c42a.jpeg

The big surprise for a big guy is his poor aerial nunbers.  I suspect he is getting muscled off of challenges, strength of opponent is negating his height.  Also his agility to get into position might be hampering him too.

@Lrrr you saw him play live in Lg2, what did you see?

I guess the fact he’s been in and out of the starting line-up might show he’s still got a bit to do.

Caveat; youngsters can develop really quickly, especially when integrated into Nige’s first team environment.

My guess is Joe was generally signed as cover as I believe he was signed when one of their CB's was injured, Flynn knew what he'd get short term with a City academy player. Yeah your line about opposition would hold up for me, Joe is up against the likes of John Akinde, Omar Bogle, Matt Smith etc who have made their careers out of their physique and know exactly how to use it. Joe's been a bit loose in terms of physicality at times trying to do what he can against them. However he's also been decent with his own physicality when its him on the front foot at set pieces, watched a deep/wide free kick where Joe's actually side stepped and brushed off a marker got the ball to feet and then had his shot saved. You can ignore any passing data for Joe really, all Walsall want their centre backs to do is ping balls into their strikers and get them up the pitch, if anything I'd expect Joe to want to be allowed to play a bit more than Walsall allow him to do and perhaps a reason why Flynn prefers an experienced head. Equally Walsall are all but guaranteed to be in League 2 next season so from Flynn's perspective I expect he's probably looking ahead to next season to some extent if Joe won't be there then its probably a factor in his selections.

• Like 1

I managed to watch 4 Walsall games recently. Low only played in 2 of them. He was ok. Nothing more. Definitely not ready for Champ level next season. 
I quite liked Isaac Hutchinson, who played in the advanced midfield position. He’s got goals in him from there and has good technique, but needs to work a bit harder and demand more of the ball. You feel he could really control games at that level if he wanted to, but he seems too reserved. Tom Knowles has also been decent for them. 

• Thanks 1