IGNORED

Plymouth.

stephenkibby.

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I seem to remember us taking around 4k to Barnsley for the last game of the season about 20 years ago when we had a chance to get in the league one play offs? 

Think we were still in with a shout of automatic, by winning up there we took it to the last day and QPR pipped us to 2nd

22 hours ago, TomF said:

Yep it was the weekend that I got together with my now wife.  Rougier scored fairly early on and we held out for the win.  Took 2nd spot to the last day.   Must of had 3-4k that day 

Was that Tony or his brother?

?

On 31/03/2023 at 22:43, BCFCGav said:

I was there more recently - don’t recall them doing much of note during my 4 years! But as you say it’ll be great to get back to the City. I was excited to go back to my old drinking spots - before remembering I’m not a 20 year old student anymore and would look very out of place ?

Unfortunately my favourite old haunt, The Pennycomequick is long closed ? but i gather the JSV is still there..will be looking to pop there when I hop off the train 

2 hours ago, GingerClyde said:

Unfortunately my favourite old haunt, The Pennycomequick is long closed ? but i gather the JSV is still there..will be looking to pop there when I hop off the train 

I would say to anyone reading to avoid The Britannia, the Wetherspoons over the road from Home Park.

I am a fan of Wetherspoons generally but that one is so small that as soon as it becomes busy the staff, and particularly the kitchen staff, can't cope and you will find yourself waiting up to an hour for food.

I've waited over half an hour on a quiet weekday lunchtime.

I'm sure that it's fine when it's really quiet but I have been there three or four times and am yet to experience "really quiet".

2 hours ago, GingerClyde said:

Can confirm JSV is still around and kicking! Get ready to feel proper old if you stick your head in though ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The Fortescue on Mutley Plain is easily the best pub in Plymouth IMHO and this story concurs.

It's in easy walking distance of the ground.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/fortescue-mutley-plain-plymouth-opening-1903078

Fortescue is a fantastic pub. I DJ there occasionally, hopefully line it up with the city match and I'll slip some Wurzels in ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, devoncider said:

The Hyde Park on Mutley Plain is (or at least used) to be a good spot as well

A very decent pub & my local - but one of those that doesn't allow football shirts, even for the Argyle fans

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The Fortescue on Mutley Plain is easily the best pub in Plymouth IMHO and this story concurs.

It's in easy walking distance of the ground.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/fortescue-mutley-plain-plymouth-opening-1903078

It is a top pub and just so happens Im down there with a couple of friends tonight!!

• Like 2