IGNORED

Reading at home match thread

7 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

And just like the Rovers,,this ground wouldn't be big enough.....

Which is why it's a shame we were not able to get Ashton vale off the ground though I know some on here were glad of that I was disappointed we were not able to get our shiny new home as I think the current ground nice as much of it is would indeed not be big enough for at least half the fixtures were we ever to get to the next level.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Average attendances are fun to look at (I keep record myself) but they are a dodgy ststistic. Not only do they include all ST holders regardless of whether they attend or not, but also away fans which are such a moveable feast dependent on club size, number of tickets allocated, form, time of game, distance to travel etc. If you removed away support from out attendances then City's avarage is between 18-19,000. Still good but not over 20k.

But that would be the same for all clubs if you took the away support out of the equation.

35 minutes ago, pillred said:

But that would be the same for all clubs if you took the away support out of the equation.

Granted, although Sunderland would certainly not dip below 20k and I doubt that Sheffield United, Middlesbrough and Norwich would either. The point is that the number of away fans has too many variables within season, let alone season to season. We should be concentrating on the number of home fans because they are our marketplace and future. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Reading last six away games;

P6  W0  D0  L6  For 1  Against 14  Pts0

Our last 6 at home;

P6  W4  D2  L0  For 10  Against 4  Pts14

0-3 it is then.

This is usually a place when losing streaks come to an end ,

always remember when I was a kid Crystal Palace not won in 19 games , you know what’s next 

city 0 Palace 1 - Alan whittle     Sums up my 50 odd years watching city 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, redkev said:

always remember when I was a kid Crystal Palace not won in 19 games , you know what’s next 

? That's also my losing streak reference game, 1975

21 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

21,000 tickets sold for this game now. I don’t quite understand how or why given we’ve got nothing to play for, sat in midtable, in fairly poor form, with long injury list - and unremarkable opposition!

Genuinely quite puzzled by it ?‍♂️

Could be because there was no games for two weeks!

18 minutes ago, redkev said:

I think it was 2011 against Reading home, we were 2 up until the second half, then they scored three goals in 15 minutes to win 3 - 2. I was over there with my wife and thought great we will see City win well. As we know this is City and anything can happen. Only hope it a good win today, so Come On You Red's!

15 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Went to the rugby last night. Different game to normal with a lot of the play through the middle. Looked like it would struggle to be ready in less than day

The other lot were big lumps, weren't they? Unlike our lot. The deluded Lam thinks you can win games with a bunch of lightweights up front. Genge got dumped like a rag doll at one point. Should have been a red card but the clueless ref is probably still running scared from his 6Nations blunder.

Anyway wrong thread. COYR!