IGNORED

Intermediary Fees 1st Feb 22 - 31st Jan 23

Davefevs

£Here are the fees paid to Agents by each Champ club.  Basically covers the period after the end of last winter’s window through to end of the window just ended.

IntermediaryFees22-23Summary.thumb.png.3094481110cc71ffc118be95b422ec63.png

City are 16th in terms of fees paid out £934k (£1.392m 21/22 -11th), which is moving in the right direction.

Here’s Lg1.  What a surprise.

IntermediaryTxns22-23Lg1Summary.thumb.png.3145a0d125da39e73e6bc480d9e31de8.png

Derby and Ipswich well out of kilter with their division counterparts.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

£Here are the fees paid to Agents by each Champ club.  Basically covers the period after the end of last winter’s window through to end of the window just ended.

City are 16th in terms of fees paid out £934k (£1.392m 21/22 -11th), which is moving in the right direction.

Seems disproportionately high for Fleetwood ?

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In the case of Ipswich, I just wonder where a lot of that money ended up.

I have no idea myself, but others may have their opinions.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is there a kind of fee/transfer table as well?

32 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

In the case of Ipswich, I just wonder where a lot of that money ended up.

I have no idea myself, but others may have their opinions.

It all went on knives, so that the players have enough options to choose from to write ‘run towards advertisity’ in blood in every room of their house after they sign for the lord Ashton. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is there a kind of fee/transfer table as well?

If only!!!

I managed to these off of a forum, just waiting for the FA to upload their docs.  They upload a summary as ker above for each league, but they also show every deal where an agent was paid.  That will be an interesting read.

• Like 1

Okies Watford, Norwich, Burnley top agent fee payers in champs. , Why ? Because they x prem. and still tied to agent fees from that period signed contracts ? because they are happy to pay agents ?:are these agents all players agents ? 

And if SL so opposed to paying agents, as I believe is the case why are we paying nearly 1 million in agents fees ?

Sorry for my seemingly rudimentary questions here. But agents fees don't add up to me other than greed by agents and/ or players. Which is pretty shit but underlining in our modern ****** up world 

Just my thoughts as usual 

COYR

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If only!!!

I managed to these off of a forum, just waiting for the FA to upload their docs.  They upload a summary as ker above for each league, but they also show every deal where an agent was paid.  That will be an interesting read.

Is this what your waiting on?

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/agents/intermediaries/intermediary-transactions-2022-2023.ashx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Okies Watford, Norwich, Burnley top agent fee payers in champs. , Why ? Because they x prem. and still tied to agent fees from that period signed contracts ? because they are happy to pay agents ?:are these agents all players agents ? 

And if SL so opposed to paying agents, as I believe is the case why are we paying nearly 1 million in agents fees ?

Sorry for my seemingly rudimentary questions here. But agents fees don't add up to me other than greed by agents and/ or players. Which is pretty shit but underlining in our modern ****** up world 

COYR

I think the murky world of agent fees needs further breakdown.

I would have thought, as an example but not reflected in the table, City paid a fortune for the Chris Martin move to be facilitated. 

You would like to think, but I don't imagine it happens, that clubs looking to move a player on pay the agent, clubs bidding and buying players pay the agents but not the selling club, and that contract negotiation fees are paid by the player.

I am going to guess thar both clubs and the player all pay the agent for a single transaction.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Argyle don’t exactly waste money, do they?

Look at what they are achieving per pound spent compared to Derby & Ipswich..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Legend….ta.

4 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Okies Watford, Norwich, Burnley top agent fee payers in champs. , Why ? Because they x prem. and still tied to agent fees from that period signed contracts ?

No, not really, most will be related to transfers that happened last summer and this winter…after they’d been relegated.  Contracts for existing players may have taken place last season (Feb onwards) though.

because they are happy to pay agents ?:are these agents all players agents ?

no, sometimes it’s the club’s agent.

because nothing happens without agents…sadly.  They facilitate a lot of “deals” on behalf of club, player or both.

unfortunately so (in my simple world anyway).

COYR

⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Is it fair to say @Davefevs, given those dates, that this is effectively the table for the 22-23 season?

I haven’t done an exact comparison, but at a glance it looks like there’s quite a significant correlation between the amount spent on fees and current (likely final) league positions. 

Which is a bit sad. 

As per above reply to RRC it’s not quite as black and white as that.

Yep, the haves and have-nots.

Here are City’s transactions that made up that £1m.  In most cases they are split (OTC the exception), so as the summary is “paid by club”, I’m assuming that the players paid £1m too?

88B95EF3-B12C-4706-8BBE-2CBABE315B28.thumb.jpeg.ea74d3045cb64ad5f08d3a2da8172f86.jpeg

• Thanks 1