IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Leicester didn't look like a team with any fight. They look gone to me.

I agree, as good as Liverpool were (spit!), Leicester were awful. They're gone. Saints, Leicester and one of Leeds / Everton for me as I think Forest will turn Arsenal over this weekend as they will finish 2nd regardless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super said:

Yep. At least with Forest, Everton and now Leeds since Allardyce went in, there might not be much quality there but they're all showing a bit of spirit and fight.

Leicester have none of that and look like they've given up, several of them safe in the knowledge that they won't have to stick around to play in the Championship.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. At least with Forest, Everton and now Leeds since Allardyce went in, there might not be much quality there but they're all showing a bit of spirit and fight.

Leicester have none of that and look like they've given up, several of them safe in the knowledge that they won't have to stick around to play in the Championship.

I remember Bradley Orr saying on his Undr the Cosh episode that a lot of the senior Blackburn players downed tools at the end of the season as they would find it easier to move on to bigger things if Blackburn went down. One of the players in Centre midfield had less sprints than the GK.

Not sure I believe that even now, but it l does make me more suspicious of seemingly decent players that don’t seem to give a shit.

• Like 1

Personally can't see Forest getting another point. Arsenal play before Man City at the weekend so won't want to hand them the title 24 hours early. Palace away last day will be a carnival with Roy and Zaha leaving. Palace won't lie down either. Plus an inferior goal difference to Leeds and Everton.

39 minutes ago, Super said:

It’s horrible for fans when their team plays like that. Ironically I remember City putting in a similar performance when Leicester thrashed us at AG - possibly in McInness’ last game as manager?

18 minutes ago, Offside said:

It’s horrible for fans when their team plays like that. Ironically I remember City putting in a similar performance when Leicester thrashed us at AG - possibly in McInness’ last game as manager?

Yes 4 down at half time , 

I had had enough so thought fxxk it and went to the bs3 ( rising sun ) to drown my sorrows the only problem was so did about 2,000 others couldn’t get through the door never seen it so packed and I have seen it packed by never like that 

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

I remember Bradley Orr saying on his Undr the Cosh episode that a lot of the senior Blackburn players downed tools at the end of the season as they would find it easier to move on to bigger things if Blackburn went down. One of the players in Centre midfield had less sprints than the GK.

Not sure I believe that even now, but it l does make me more suspicious of seemingly decent players that don’t seem to give a shit.

Players likely have relegation release clauses and if they don't they know the relegated club would likely need to sell anyways. 

Looks like I'm going to have to make a special trip if I want to get to Goodison before they move, I think Leeds and Leicester are toast. Can't see Leeds ( WHU A. & Spurs H.) or Leicester ( Newcastle A. & WHU H. ) getting more than a point. Everton have 2 teams all ready for the beach ( Wolves A. & B'muf H.) I think a point will be enough for them , I really don't see anyone below Everton, pulling off a 5-1 Brighton sort of performance. 

Think after last night Leicester are 95% down but the other 3 teams have it all to play for still and it could be any of them to go, Leicester looked really poor going forwards which surprised me and think they need something against Newcastle which looks unlikely on current form. Leeds have shown something in the last couple of games under big Sam, West Ham play in europe on Thurs and Spurs are doing poorly and also have nothing to play for, it's very possible they could pick up 6pts in those last 2 games. Calvert Lewin went off at half time in Everton's last game which could possibly be a disaster if he doesn't return, but they have nice games coming up on paper so can only blame themselves if they go down. I think Forest could need one more win and their games aren't ideal but they have been playing quite well recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Howe hasn't spent a penny of their money yet has he? Top Manager.

He’s doing a fantastic job tbf, the improvement in players who were already there is clear. But he has spent £260M so not exactly doing it on a shoestring. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, BS3City said:

For me Everton will survive, mainly because Leicester and Leeds are so poor. I think Forest have done enough to scramble out of it.

Happy Leeds look doomed though. ?

Leeds will one point behind and a draw will take them above Everton. The latter may well end up getting something today, but they must be thanking their gods for that almost bizarre win at Brighton

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

Watching steam of Wolves v Everton.  

Everton poor.

Bents commanding his area and coming and catching what little Everton has thrown at him.

Makes you wonder why he was so poor at crosses for us.

You have to deal with far more crosses loaded into the box in the Championship. Teams like Birmingham where he was particularly weak live off them.

• Like 2