IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

Leeds have shown nothing. No bollocks like the Forest lads that’s for sure. I felt people were being way over confident that they would roller West Ham today. Second best most of the afternoon. Don’t see enough bollocks in that Leicester side either. Their only chance of a result is putting a great performance together, they won’t scrap one. Looking good for Everton as it stands.

6 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

All leicester arent we?

Begging for a merseyside away next year (which isnt tranmere, never again)

Leicester are done.

Today was the only chance of a reshuffle in the bottom 3. Leeds had a big opportunity to kick on after scoring first today, but they completely choked.

Can’t see the bottom 3 changing now.

• Like 3

Crazy how the biggest, best club in the country with the best fans get relegated back to a league they only got out of because they spent millions on one of the best managers in football history. I’m sure they’ll absolutely still sell out every home game though and that definitely doesn’t only happen in the prem, just don’t look at old videos of them in league one/championship. 

???

Edited by petehinton

24 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Worst bit about Leeds coming down is they do have a Championship ready squad and won’t lose too many I don't reckon.

You reckon?

Im not so sure they have a group of players that won’t be looking to jump ship this summer as their relegation release clauses kick-in!

image.thumb.png.7434abaab38198a1ec46f31fd7608bce.png

Plus some loans to come back.

image.png.842a43a78ea2477b1e3431a72c8f671a.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Quite happy with that Rice goal….quite happy to see Leicester survive….although I can’t see them doing it.

Same as me..........i was hoping Southampton, Leeds and Everton were coming down...........but unless by some miracle Leicester win at Saudi Arabia Utd tomorrow, then Mr Lineker's favourire team will be coming down, Shame!.   Still i had a bet pre season that S'ton were coming down, so not a total loss?  Be an interesting fixture next season.......for NP against his old team?

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You reckon?

Im not so sure they have a group of players that won’t be looking to jump ship this summer as their relegation release clauses kick-in!

image.thumb.png.7434abaab38198a1ec46f31fd7608bce.png

Plus some loans to come back.

image.png.842a43a78ea2477b1e3431a72c8f671a.png

Agree , will be a very different squad next season. Marsch signed a lot of the squad and expect many to return to European football. Ayling & Cooper will stay plus they’ve got a sting youth team. Add in the fact not sure the additional investment will be forthcoming as a championship club 

26 minutes ago, Searles said:

For the first time in a long time I can see all 3 relegated sides struggle in the championship next season. 

I actually agree . Leeds squad looks like an average Championship squad , Leicester is an aging squad and will need a big turn over but Southampton will surely lose Ward -Prowse who has been their heartbeat for five seasons plus now . The sides coming up will be decent too so it’ll be an interesting season I think ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I do think it would be beneficial to play the 3 relegated clubs quite early next season while they're still adjusting to this division.

Yep, so Leeds at home could be a decent first fixture.

(note the use of the word “could” rather than “would”).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daored said:

Agree , will be a very different squad next season. Marsch signed a lot of the squad and expect many to return to European football. Ayling & Cooper will stay plus they’ve got a sting youth team. Add in the fact not sure the additional investment will be forthcoming as a championship club 

May scupper the sale completely. Radzziani (sic) seems to have lost interest so can't see him investing too much. Got a feeling he was hoping to sell Leeds and buy inter iirc

17 hours ago, daored said:

Is that their B team.?

Fisherman GIFs | Tenor

Looks like I’ll be sitting on my hands at Ashton Gate once more ?

The board especially but also the players deserve this, shocking to get rid of Bielsa who held every aspect of the club together for a travelling book salesman from America, when we kept him on past October I’ve always felt we were down, Gracia was appointed because no one else wanted the job, Big Sam isn’t what we need but it was worth a shot.

Victor Orta finally given the boot, he has built this squad and spunked millions on absolute dross, £35m on a young striker who doesn’t play, £42m awarded by CAS for a player we didn’t even register as our own because we welched on a deal (our own incompetent fault), we have a few assets to sell, we do have some very very good youngsters whom are good enough for the Championship, like always it all depends on what manager you get, this ownership have had 7 cracks at appointing a manager, struck gold once and ****** it every other time, funny that the manager is the most important signing a club can make…who would have thought.

I don’t see us going back up, an aging squad, players starting 3 years on who were in the Championship, they’ll be on decent wages and hard to shift, I personally think we are there for the taking next year. I’m not even sad about going down, since Bielsa left there has been nothing to like about the club or the players who have completely phoned in performances this season.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Looks like I’ll be sitting on my hands at Ashton Gate once more ?

The board especially but also the players deserve this, shocking to get rid of Bielsa who held every aspect of the club together for a travelling book salesman from America, when we kept him on past October I’ve always felt we were down, Gracia was appointed because no one else wanted the job, Big Sam isn’t what we need but it was worth a shot.

Victor Orta finally given the boot, he has built this squad and spunked millions on absolute dross, £35m on a young striker who doesn’t play, £42m awarded by CAS for a player we didn’t even register as our own because we welched on a deal (our own incompetent fault), we have a few assets to sell, we do have some very very good youngsters whom are good enough for the Championship, like always it all depends on what manager you get, this ownership have had 7 cracks at appointing a manager, struck gold once and ****** it every other time, funny that the manager is the most important signing a club can make…who would have thought.

I don’t see us going back up, an aging squad, players starting 3 years on who were in the Championship, they’ll be on decent wages and hard to shift, I personally think we are there for the taking next year. I’m not even sad about going down, since Bielsa left there has been nothing to like about the club or the players who have completely phoned in performances this season.

Thanks for coming on here and sharing your thoughts. Cheer up though it’s only a game , every club has their ups and downs and most of us would give our right arms  for some of your ‘ups’ . 

• Like 1