IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

How the hell did Brendan Rogers totally mis-manage that group of players to land the club in this scenario? One obvious mistake he did make, which was Sunday Pub standard management tbh, was thinking that Danny Ward could adequately replace Kaspar Schmeichel. In what universe did he think that was a realistic scenario? Assuming they do go down there will be a quite a few rats scurrying off that particular sinking ship albeit Leicester City will be a huge draw for the better standard Championship player. If Vardy stays that's one of the two auto spots sealed I reckon.

I am not a huge fan of Rogers however he did have some challenges last summer regarding transfer budgets. Not an excuse but not being able to ‘refresh’ the squad became an obsession for him, at least in the press.

I suspect Kasper was pushed out to reduce the wage bill. Strange as it sounds maybe selling Maddison last summer in a timely manner might have been good for them and given them cash to invest.

If they do come down then a lot will depend on who becomes HC / Manager, I doubt Dean Smith will stay.

Regarding who comes down a lot will depend on how seriously the opposition clubs take the game, for example, I think that West Hams conference final is next Wednesday, that being the case I can see Davie Moyes making a lot of changes. If I supported the Hammers I would be supportive of that. We can talk about integrity of the league etc but you are not relegated based on one game.

I also doubt Bournemouth will be bursting a gut on Sunday either.

• Like 3

The west ham euro final is weds ,two weeks, time. 10 days after final league game.  Most managers will want their players ticking over ,I expect moyes to make a couple but not wholesale changes. Really hoping Everton f##k it up and get relegated

33 minutes ago, TomF said:

I actually fancy Leicester to win and Everton to buckle under pressure.  Bournemouth will play with freedom of safety.

Leeds and Everton down would be Sky's absolute dream, every single week they'd be the EFL match of choice to televise.

Leicester can't score and WHU won't want to coast now.  Draw at best IMO

Everton , without Calvert Lewin ? Bournemouth with no pressure, but still an average side. I'd lean towards draw or possibly Everton win.

Leeds & Spurs are 2 basket cases. I could see a Spurs walk over or a Leeds odd goal Win, really tough to call when sides are so erratic .

I make that Everton staying up by the skin of their teeth again. Shame , I would have liked the trip.

1 hour ago, grubby said:

The west ham euro final is weds ,two weeks, time. 10 days after final league game.  Most managers will want their players ticking over ,I expect moyes to make a couple but not wholesale changes. Really hoping Everton f##k it up and get relegated

Be interesting to see if the fact Moyes was Everton manager for so long has any sway on the team and way he plays against Leicester.

Hoping so being an Everton fan. Though I do feel Everton will screw up and Leicester or Leeds will take advantage