IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

Harder to predict than most of the football league, as they still have 10+ games to play and they're really clustered.

Saints seem nailed on, but maybe Leicester and Everton for the other two?

All three would make great away days, for different reasons. 

I'd like Everton to come down as they'e the only PL team I've never seen play us - I missed the cup games we had against them in the late 90s/early 00s due to pneumonia & a gall bladder op. Other than that I've no real wish to see any of the other teams again.

Any club currently under 30 points are at risk and most have to play each other so it’s all guesswork. It’ll will probably go down to last day of the season

Whoever joins the Championship next season will obviously be favourites to go straight back up given the benefit of parachute payments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Any club currently under 30 points are at risk and most have to play each other so it’s all guesswork. It’ll will probably go down to last day of the season

Whoever joins the Championship next season will obviously be favourites to go straight back up given the benefit of parachute payments.

What a highly informative post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

It’s actually quite wild down the bottom of the table this season, could be one of the most exciting relegation battles in a while?

Theres 8 teams there average less than a point per game, which means if they follow suit we could see a large number not make the typical safety net of 40 points. Teams having to play each other May of course affect that.

Lookinh at this stage in past years there’s usually at least 1 team all but buried by now, often 2 leaving 3-4 teams to battle over the last place. 

As it stands, all of the bottom 9 are realistically at risk albeit Palace doing themselves a big favour yesterday

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Some clubs will be coming down in a right FFP state so the last bit could be open to debate.

Leicester in a year of European football and £214m revenue lost £92m pre tax by way of example.

Upper Loss Limit if they dropped would be £83m to 2024...that could be fun to see how they would scramble compliance. Most of their squad lack relegation wage reduction clauses as well.

Nottingham Forest and possibly even Bournemouth may have questions to answer.

Everton certainly don't have relegation clauses. Woukd be expected to fall in line all the same. Lost £44.5m last year despite and including player sale profits of £60-65m though they're trending in the right direction relatively speaking.

Some of these are not clubs who are used to yoyoing and have models that reflect it, Everton have been exclusively accustomed to top flight revenue and rules in modern times.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

From a rather optimistic look , hopefully we are top end next year ( big if ) I would be looking at the 3 teams who would be weaker by coming down and stay down .

personally wouldn’t want Everton to come down as with Dyche in charge I think they would be nailed on to go back up ( this all depending on there ffp issues mind .)

so Southampton / Bournemouth/ West Ham - I don’t think they are anything special and they will lose Declan Rice however they would probably be £100 million better off with his sale . Possibly Leicester as if they went down Maddison would be gone . 
The teams coming up are all big names but as Barnsley and Rotherham have proved recently it’s very hard coming from the first division to the championship and doing well .

according to our friends north of the river who are allegedly coming for us the championship isn’t nothing special , let’s see when ( if ) they eventually arrive . 

2 hours ago, redkev said:

according to our friends north of the river who are allegedly coming for us the championship isn’t nothing special , let’s see when ( if ) they eventually arrive . 

We're more likely to see Marvelous Marvin's Bristol Underground before the blue few ever make the top flight.

If the ever crawled their way into the championship they would be nailed on to go straight back down 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

We're more likely to see Marvelous Marvin's Bristol Underground before the blue few ever make the top flight.

If the ever crawled their way into the championship they would be nailed on to go straight back down 

They would probably with the lowest points total ever and in a worse financial mess than they are now.

Mind you, the dribblers would consider they`d had a great season if they beat us twice.........................................................

Table tonight, with this weekend’s results in blue…Everton v Spurs tomorrow night.

image.png.93517ecc9216f443a93b65abf31f8e15.png

I really couldn’t pick the three.  Southampton look least capable of winning games, and 3 points for a win makes a difference, as we can see how it helped West Ham and Bournemouth this weekend.