IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Southampton, Bournemouth, Forest to go down.  

That has been my prediction since last year. although both Forest and Bournemouth are trying their utmost to disappoint me.

Should my prediction prove correct, I shall be intrigued to see how the financial situation of both Forest and Bournemouth affects their season and, of course, how their situation is treated by the EFL.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

Just watched MOTD2 and couldn't believe Bournemouth had empty seats in their crappy little stadium. They don't deserve Premier League football.

Saints to drop and. Sadly for me, Everton to join them. I've family on Merseyside and they are all massive Toffees supporters.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

That has been my prediction since last year. although both Forest and Bournemouth are trying their utmost to disappoint me.

Should my prediction prove correct, I shall be intrigued to see how the financial situation of both Forest and Bournemouth affects their season and, of course, how their situation is treated by the EFL.

Forest's goal difference is atrocious and their run in is awful. They did well to win this weekend but unless they get points from their games against Leeds, Southampton and Palace, they're in trouble.

I think it's fairly possible that we might see a team go down on goal difference.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'd like Everton to come down as they'e the only PL team I've never seen play us - I missed the cup games we had against them in the late 90s/early 00s due to pneumonia & a gall bladder op. Other than that I've no real wish to see any of the other teams again.

I can’t remember ever seeing Tottenham or Arsenal out of all the Prem teams. We’ve not played either since 1980 unless a friendly. But those are the two I can’t remember seeing live. 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Forest's goal difference is atrocious and their run in is awful. They did well to win this weekend but unless they get points from their games against Leeds, Southampton and Palace, they're in trouble.

I think it's fairly possible that we might see a team go down on goal difference.

They didn't win they drew with Wolves.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Change text
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I can’t remember ever seeing Tottenham or Arsenal out of all the Prem teams. We’ve not played either since 1980 unless a friendly. But those are the two I can’t remember seeing live. 

I remember them both at the Gate in the old Div 1. Being asked the time by a cockney Spurs voice as I walked on the East End, and looking up to see the biggest mob of away fans I ever saw on there. 

Aways regret not going to more away games then, but I thought we would hang around longer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

As others have said, Bournemouth are a shit club and should go down.

Unfortunately I can see them staying up because they do have goals in the side.

Think they'd be highly likely to be heading down if Parker was still there- he is highly overrated IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

As others have said, Bournemouth are a shit club and should go down.

Unfortunately I can see them staying up because they do have goals in the side.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

They recently signed a certain Antoine Semenyo and, as was stated on this forum many times, he will never score goals.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, real_bristol said:

Have a feeling Everton will beat Spurs tonight and drag Wolves into the mix, who’s remaining fixtures do not look easy.

I have a number of friends who support Wolves. They tend to be a bit smug and condescending when talking about city. I’ve had the misfortune of seeing us getting well beaten by them too many times. A small part of me doesn’t want to go through that again, but most of me would be absolutely delighted if they went down.

13 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Bournemouth really need to go. A stain on the top flight of English football with their awful ground and fanbase. Southampton and Everton to join them please. I’ve got no interest in seeing Leeds or Forest again and I think the others have enough about them to stay up.

I suppose we all have different opinions. I like the "Big Clubs" being replaced with unfashionable small ones - Hope Luton go up too, with their bombsite of a ground ?

Looking at the fixtures I have 

Screenshot2023-04-03at09_30_12.png.24f1f7bddc88456489fed9787f5a6722.png

With some interesting last day games.

Palace V Forest
Everton V Bournemouth
Southampton V Liverpool
Leeds V Spurs
Leicester V WHU

I wouldn't be upset with that. Forest V FFP would be good next year, Southampton is a good trip and I'd love to go to Everton before they move.

8 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Ah yeah. I remember seeing Spurs as a youngster 0-0 - it might have been 1979? Lots of very tall, very drunk, Spurs schoolboys in the boys enclosure. I've only seen Arsenal for a few minutes when we walked in the open gates at the end of the game - around the same time - not really being flush with spending cash as a 10/11 year old my mum couldn't afford to let me go every week :)

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Ah yeah. I remember seeing Spurs as a youngster 0-0 - it might have been 1979? Lots of very tall, very drunk, Spurs schoolboys in the boys enclosure. I've only seen Arsenal for a few minutes when we walked in the open gates at the end of the game - around the same time - not really being flush with spending cash as a 10/11 year old my mum couldn't afford to let me go every week :)

I used to go with my Uncle back then and only really to the non tasty clubs. I moved to Gloucester when I was 13 and without my uncle unable to get there. So I missed a lot of first division games. And I’m sure they are the only ones I’ve never seen. 

Anyway back to the thread. I’m thinking Southampton. Bournemouth and Leeds to be coming down. 

10 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Southampton ; and (hopefully !) Bournemouth & Notts.

It definitely looks like Southampton. The other spot's goal difference will be critical and therefore Bournemouth what with - 28 will go for the drop as well. The Hammers seem to be gaining some ground so that leaves most probably Leicester or I hope Leeds. Everton somehow will avoid the drop. 

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Another two minutes on the pitch for Semenyo.

Apart from the money, I can't think of any reason he joined Bournemouth, I bet he is secretly ruing his decision, there surely must have been better options. 

Edited by pillred

9 hours ago, pillred said:

Apart from the money, I can't think of any reason he joined Bournemouth, I bet he is secretly ruing his decision, there surely must have been better options. 

Yeah, but I would still think hes on 35 k ish a week when they get relegated. Got a feeling hes gunna tear apart the championship next season, and then get a move to a mid table club

• Like 1