IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

On 03/04/2023 at 00:16, PHILINFRANCE said:

That has been my prediction since last year. although both Forest and Bournemouth are trying their utmost to disappoint me.

Should my prediction prove correct, I shall be intrigued to see how the financial situation of both Forest and Bournemouth affects their season and, of course, how their situation is treated by the EFL.

If Forest come back down could they be placed under a transfer embargo and definitely no loans?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

If Forest come back down could they be placed under a transfer embargo and definitely no loans?

An interesting question, and my far less interesting response is that, frankly, I have no idea.

There are others on this forum who are more knowledgeable about the subject and, thus, more able to respond.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

An interesting question, and my far less interesting response is that, frankly, I have no idea.

There are others on this forum who are more knowledgeable about the subject and, thus, more able to respond.

Thanks, it was more hypothetical.

It would be interesting to see how their parachute payment could be "neutralised"? Otherwise this payment could just be used to keep some of their signings and make any points deductions meaningless. 

As you can tell I'm wittering and know even less than you!

Cooper given the vote of confidence.  They gambled massively last summer, ended up with players that they didn’t have space in the squad list for, and were beginning to get all cocky.  But they’ve been sucked right back into it.  Would be one of my faves to come straight back down.  Don’t like the way they use the ownership model with Olympiacos either…just another Watford / Udinese.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cooper given the vote of confidence.  They gambled massively last summer, ended up with players that they didn’t have space in the squad list for, and were beginning to get all cocky.  But they’ve been sucked right back into it.  Would be one of my faves to come straight back down.  Don’t like the way they use the ownership model with Olympiacos either…just another Watford / Udinese.

What's interesting with Cooper is that the fans seem to be pretty much unanimously still behind him, at least if social media is anything to go by, and think that if they do go down then he'd be best placed to get them straight back up.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

What's interesting with Cooper is that the fans seem to be pretty much unanimously still behind him, at least if social media is anything to go by, and think that if they do go down then he'd be best placed to get them straight back up.

And they would probably be right, were it not for this confounded bugger that is FFP.

3 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Some of the worst defending you are likely to see. That will damage confidence.

It seems Eddie Howe knows a bit about football after all.

That was certainly a performance that gets managers the sack. Newcastle were superb and looking good for the top 4

10 minutes ago, Super said:

That was certainly a performance that gets managers the sack. Newcastle were superb and looking good for the top 4

They do look good Newcastle & we’re excellent against Utd Sunday . But I wish the press & media and pundits would stop waxing lyrical about how good there bloody fans are blah blah blah , 

like all fans great when the goings good - poor when it’s not 

still remember when Kevin keegan took charge his first game was against us 5-0 to the geordies I think 30,000+ attendance . The week before can’t remember who was in charge but they were obviously struggling 12,000  odd 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

The Premier League really needs to see the back of Bournemouth. Every week it grates me to see that pile of crap there.

Very similar to the original Wimbledon when the P.L. was originally created. It used to grate to see such a shit club (with horrible players) taking up a place at the high table. 3000 gates at some of their home matches !

It didn’t end well for them !

On 05/04/2023 at 18:36, Davefevs said:

You just know all their expensive assets will end up at other owned clubs as well to avoid Forest being in financial trouble, a luxury other clubs don’t have even with parachute payments. 

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

You just know all their expensive assets will end up at other owned clubs as well to avoid Forest being in financial trouble, a luxury other clubs don’t have even with parachute payments. 

As per the Olympiacos reference in my initial post?