IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

29 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

What time will he be gone I wonder - before 9pm is my bet 

And who of sane mind would want to take over at this late stage and get a probable relegation on their CV? 

The bookies reckon Viera but I think he`s got more sense than that. Better job offers will come his way than trying to sort Forest out in the championship and offload a couple of dozen overpaid players.

• Like 1

Forest still have to play Southampton and Leicester and Everton still have to play each other.  Those two games will probably decide the relegation positions assuming Forest, Leicester and Everton all play as awfully as they have so far this season.

Edited by Hxj

47 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Forest's run in looks a bit grim.

This is a run-in analysis.

The blue number is the average points per game scored so far by the team's remaining opponents. The lower the number the better basically.

The red number is points per game of teams they've already played. Higher is better there.

On the right the two numbers are compared and expressed as a % swing of past opponents v future opponents. A big green number indicates and easy run in, big red is hard.

Clearly shows how much tougher Forest have it in these closing weeks. Note also that Leicester have some real potential to get points.

Screenshot_20230416-195439.png

• Like 1

I have had Bournemouth, Forest and Southampton since the start of the season.

Unfortunately, it looks as if Bournemouth might let me down, although Congratulations to Gary O’Neil and his team if they survive.

Of the other three likely candidates, Leicester, Everton and Leeds in my view, I think I should prefer Everton, if for no better reason than their financial situation should prove fascinating.

As an Evertonian (after City, obviously), I have to say that I think they are gone this time.

They just have no decent strikers. You only have to note that any goal that they score is medium to long range from a defender or midfielder to know that they are in the s*** big time.

When you are relying up front on a raw youngster, Nicky ****ing Maupay??? and praying for the return of someone that is more interested in wearing skirts on catwalks, then you have a serious problem.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

Massive dilemma for me, I would love Leeds to get relegated but then we have to deal with easily the most annoying fans I have witnessed at Ashton in my 50 odd years of watching City.

Even more annoying than Rovers, never thought it would be possible.

Not to mention the Sky love-in that would result. Imagine them and Everton both come down, none of the rest of us would get shown unless we were playing them.

• Like 1

I think they have just enough points but Chelsea are going to sail quite close to that relegation zone imo. Can quite possibly see them losing 5 of their remaining 6.

They are absolutely hopeless and their run in is -

Brentford
Arsenal (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Forest
Man City (a)
Newcastle

Can only really see them getting 3 points against Forest and that's it. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think they have just enough points but Chelsea are going to sail quite close to that relegation zone imo. Can quite possibly see them losing 5 of their remaining 6.

They are absolutely hopeless and their run in is -

Brentford
Arsenal (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Forest
Man City (a)
Newcastle

Can only really see them getting 3 points against Forest and that's it. 

Chelsea have 7 games left? They've played 31, plus they have 39 points. They are 12 pts above the drop, and the bottom 5 teams in the league have struggled to even average 1 point a game, and you're saying 3 of them could them could suddenly win 4 or 5 of their remaining games to even bring Chelsea anywhere close to the drop zone? At worst Chelsea will end up 13th or 14th, but will most likely finish 10th or 11th. They are safer than a little pig living in a brick house!

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I think 35-36 points will be enough to survive. Wolves and Bournemouth are just about there. West Ham will get there. It’s basically any three from those bottom five, and very difficult to predict. 

Having watched Leeds getting hammered by Liverpool I can’t see them escaping the DZ. defensively they were absolutely dreadful, no leadership, no dominant CBs and consequently no organisation.

They sacked Bielsa this time last season for pretty much the same reason - shipping too many goals. They look destined to playing at AG next season,

Edited by Robbored

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Having watched Leeds getting hammered by Liverpool I can’t see them escaping the DZ. defensively they were absolutely dreadful, no leadership, no dominant CBs and consequently no organisation.

They sacked Bielsa this time last season for pretty much the same reason - shipping too many goals. They look destined to playing at AG next season,

Think Tuesday will be a huge indicator of who comes down. Leeds are home to Leicester. If they win that I think they may stay up , can’t see Forest picking up many points with their run in. Leicester still to play Leeds (a) and Everton (h). Leicester potentially have better run of games than the other three. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Think Tuesday will be a huge indicator of who comes down. Leeds are home to Leicester. If they win that I think they may stay up , can’t see Forest picking up many points with their run in. Leicester still to play Leeds (a) and Everton (h). Leicester potentially have better run of games than the other three. 

I know Leicester don't have the attacking quality of Liverpool but you would fancy them to score at least 2 goals. I watched both those Leeds games and it's prob some of the worst defending you will ever see. Firpo is at Ryan Mcgivern levels for a LB.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I know Leicester don't have the attacking quality of Liverpool but you would fancy them to score at least 2 goals. I watched both those Leeds games and it's prob some of the worst defending you will ever see. Firpo is at Ryan Mcgivern levels for a LB.

I’m not sure why he’s not playing either Ayling or Cooper in the back line , either club captain or vice captain. The keeper is shocking anyway but there isn’t much experience in that defence / midfield two on based on last two games fight either when going gets tough 

• Like 1

Just now, daored said:

I’m not sure why he’s not playing either Ayling or Cooper in the back line , either club captain or vice captain. The keeper is shocking anyway but there isn’t much experience in that defence / midfield two on based on last two games fight either when going gets tough 

Ayling played last week when they conceded 5. By all accounts he hasn't been good this season.

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Ayling played last week when they conceded 5. By all accounts he hasn't been good this season.

He hasn’t had a great season and certainly not a regular this year. It seems questionable that they’re tight in the shit and he’s not picking club captain or vice captain. They certainly seem to have thought that a new manager would have had a bounce like last season to keep them up - only hope is two of Everton , Forest or Leicester don’t pick up a small upturn in form. I think if Leeds go down they could be in a bit of bother financially, not is all well behind the scenes with the owners who are looking for outside investment. I think they’ve overpaid for a number of their recently purchased players 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Chelsea have 7 games left? They've played 31, plus they have 39 points. They are 12 pts above the drop, and the bottom 5 teams in the league have struggled to even average 1 point a game, and you're saying 3 of them could them could suddenly win 4 or 5 of their remaining games to even bring Chelsea anywhere close to the drop zone? At worst Chelsea will end up 13th or 14th, but will most likely finish 10th or 11th. They are safer than a little pig living in a brick house!

Nah I'm not saying that cos I didn't say that. 

I said I can only see them picking up 3 points which would see them sail close to the relegation zone. 

Can you realistically see them winning any other game other than the Forest game? I can't. 

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nah I'm not saying that cos I didn't say that. 

I said I can only see them picking up 3 points which would see them sail close to the relegation zone. 

Can you realistically see them winning any other game other than the Forest game? I can't. 

Yes Brentford and Bournemouth. Might be complete and utter madness but i even have a weird feeling they'll do something tonight against Madrid.

Edited by Super

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Considering they have still to play Man City, Newcastle and Spurs, you may well be right. That game they have against Leicester is huge.

How delightful to see Chelsea craning their obnoxious necks as they look up the table at Brentford (ffs!), Fulham (!) and Brighton, and Liverpool right in amongst those three, doing their best to rise above them.

How sobering to recall the years we were competing with Brentford, Fulham and Brighton at both the level we are now, and the one below.