IGNORED

Rodgers Leicester parted company

Roger Red Hat

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Some rumors about Pearson have been around for a while

I've read their forum and Twitter chat - It's not rumoured as such, more fans harking back at the "good times". It's a bit like when there's a vacancy here and people moot the idea of taking Cotterill back. 

In theory - sounds like a reasonable idea, but when you're a fan of the club and know the full context - you know it won't happen.

Leicester will go for a more glamorous manager - I doubt he'd be top of their list, but someone like Jesse Marsch would probably be a good fit if given time. Wasn't quite the right person for Leeds in my view.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've read their forum and Twitter chat - It's not rumoured as such, more fans harking back at the "good times". It's a bit like when there's a vacancy here and people moot the idea of taking Cotterill back. 

In theory - sounds like a reasonable idea, but when you're a fan of the club and know the full context - you know it won't happen.

Leicester will go for a more glamorous manager - I doubt he'd be top of their list, but someone like Jesse Marsch would probably be a good fit if given time. Wasn't quite the right person for Leeds in my view.

Are they really in a position to be bringing in someone for the long term? 

Or are they in a position where they just need to bring in someone to avoid relegation? 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why would he be right for Leicester then?

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

They’ve had a two week break the optimum time to make a change yet sack him now ??‍♂️ 

It was yesterday’s result, the last straw.

Rodgers used to annoy me but overall he’s done a decent job there & unlike many clubs they stick with him longer than some would.

Like them to stay up, they have decent owners & are easy to like as a club.

• Like 2

I

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

They’ve had a two week break the optimum time to make a change yet sack him now ??‍♂️ 

The defeat to Palace yesterday - despite going ahead in the game - was the trigger, if they had won they would be 13th, now with WHU winning they're 19th in the live table.

I always thought Rodgers was a bit of a prat after watching that fly on the wall documentary during his time at Liverpool - as bad as LJ with the David Brent speak.

Edited by CodeRed
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

NP's popular with Leicester fans and it's quite possible their board would see him as someone they know and could trust as a short term fix.

He'd want more than that obviously and is almost certainly not only happy at City but looking forward to enhancing the squad in the Summer after doing the hard work over the last 2 years cutting it back to bare bones.

His name will almost certainly be considered, but probably no more than that, and he's enjoying life at AG so wouldn't go anyway imo.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

NP's popular with Leicester fans and it's quite possible their board would see him as someone they know and could trust as a short term fix.

He'd want more than that obviously and is almost certainly not only happy at City but looking forward to enhancing the squad in the Summer after doing the hard work over the last 2 years cutting it back to bare bones.

His name will almost certainly be considered, but probably no more than that, and he's enjoying life at AG so wouldn't go anyway imo.

I agree.  ?