IGNORED

Potter sacked.

Robbored

I know many will disagree with me (and that’s cool) but I wish managers would stick at their clubs a bit longer.  I get the arguments re £s / compo and might be the only chance they ever get, or they might get the heave-ho from their current jobs, but I can’t help it…I think they rush into moving to a bigger club,

• Like 5

Not sure what they expect. `he had  no say in recruitment . The owner, Todd Boehly, has spent £300million in barely a year and has no idea or focus on what they want the players for. There is no direction or idea of how they set up or play. It seems system or shape is secondary to buying players, it is madness, and yet not a million miles from where we were under Johnson. You surely have to work closely with the Manager to set a shape and style, otherwise you are just hoping that things work out rather than trying to make things work out.

Sorry Mods, just saw the other thread peas merge .

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Rubbish, it was an impossible situation for him, the squad is too bloated and kept getting added to with players that Potter more than likely never wanted in the first place and had to try and juggle players to keep everyone happy 

Chelsea needed a proven manager with an impressive CV - Potter did not qualify in that regard. That’s what I meant by the job being too big for him.

Going to Leicester would be a suitable club for Potter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Chelsea needed a proven manager with an impressive CV - Potter did not qualify in that regard. That’s what I meant by the job being too big for him.

Going to Leicester would be a suitable club for Potter. 

As soon as the owners start buying in top players on stupid money on daft contracts that was it for him, no manager can survive that especially at a basket club like Chelsea. They should have never sacked TT in my opinion. Potter will probably go to Leicester and hope he succeeds.

Was always going to be a great gig for Potter.

On the one hand, if he was successful, he wins trophies (eventually), and/or gets an even bigger job off the back of that.

On the other hand, he does a crap job, gets paid a tonne of money, gets the sack, and gets a tonne of money!

Was always a win win situation for him. His reputation won't have taken that much of a knock, as let's be fair, it was a completely bizarre move by someone like Chelsea. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Leicester to be honest, and I think they could do a lot worse. Chelsea are just a basketcase of a club, and have been for years. Looks like the new ownership hasn't changed that.

One issue at Chelsea, is that there is going to be a number of players there that have been signed by multiple managers. Spurs are also a mess, but if I was a top class manager and had to choose between Chelsea and Spurs, I'd go for Spurs everyday.

Also just seen a graphic on Facebook which stated that Potter is the 12th (I think) manager to be given the boot in the Prem this season.

That, is ridiculous.

Edited by Taz

Whilst there’s the excuse of having too many players purchased over his head, and not a single proper striker brought in, I do feel Potter only has himself to blame. They were 1-0 down at home to Villa. He’s got a billion pounds worth of attacking players at his disposal, yet he chose to play a midfield 3 of Kante, Kovacic and Fernandez - 3 players more known for the defensive midfield capabilities. 
It’s like if Southgate were to play Rice, Henderson & Phillips when we’re losing at home to Denmark  

Sorry - you just can’t manage that way. Deserved to go. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst there’s the excuse of having too many players purchased over his head, and not a single proper striker brought in, I do feel Potter only has himself to blame. They were 1-0 down at home to Villa. He’s got a billion pounds worth of attacking players at his disposal, yet he chose to play a midfield 3 of Kante, Kovacic and Fernandez - 3 players more known for the defensive midfield capabilities. 
It’s like if Southgate were to play Rice, Henderson & Phillips when we’re losing at home to Denmark  

Agree with that.

He deserves the sack for playing one of the worlds best RWB, Reece James, at CB and playing Loftus Cheek at RWB!

7 minutes ago, Henry said:

He’d be mad to go there. They have no money to invest in their squad. They have players there who should have left years ago.

They are a well run club probably similar to Brighton. I don't see him getting a job any bigger

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Disagree to a degree.  His mistake was going there in the first place.  He managed Chelsea how he managed Brighton.  They often didn't have a striker and he made unconventional decisions like the one you describe.  Difference is the character of players at Chelsea.  This is not the Chelsea of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Essien etc.  They are bunch of overpaid, overrated showponies.  Take Silva and Kante out the team (and sell Jorginho) and they are the definition of rudderless.

I quite admire him for it tbh.  He kept to his principles.  It didn't work out but quite frankly he's lost little in terms of reputation.  Sure he'll survive with the nice pay off and be able to get a job at a smaller but better run club in the future where he'll be a success.

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Screw Chelsea, and everything they stand for, and have done for many years.

After Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Abrahmovic should never have been allowed to swan off into the sunset, and Chelsea get bought and magically start spending hundreds of millions again. 

They've probably distorted the european transfer market more than any other club over the years. 

An absolutely shite club. I hope that they don't finish top 4 next season. If they don't, they could have significant FFP problems. 

You can also add how they have destroyed the youth development structure of football by cynically farming and stockpiling teenage players. 

Chelsea are among one of my least liked clubs. Their fans are disgusting. Potter was bullied by their fans from day 1 and was never going to be given a chance to turn things around, they expect success and have forgotten what they once were 30 years ago. Complete arrogance, i'm sad that Potter decided to go to Chelsea, it was never going to work out.

16 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Not really.....they are just a big club who demand success....that doesn't make them a basket case. 

Their procurement strategy is nuts, their squad is out of control, there's no strategy...Tuchel was good enough for Bayern, but not Chelsea? Madness