IGNORED

Season Ticket South Stand

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seem to be none available as someone who wants to buy a new one. Does anyone know of this has completely sold out or are they blocked out for any reason and possibly going to get released for sale?

Cheers

I guess once we’ve got past the keep your seat date, 2nd May, there’ll be a few that haven’t renewed. I think there are many hundreds of seats in that stand that are kids, many of whom rarely come to games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seem to be none available as someone who wants to buy a new one. Does anyone know of this has completely sold out or are they blocked out for any reason and possibly going to get released for sale?

Cheers

I’m in the same boat. Haven’t had one since covid but can finally afford to get one again. Amazing as that stand is half empty most of the time. Have to wait and see what’s about the day after “move your seat day” before the prices go up the day after that again.

Yeah will be available at 2pm, May 2nd. Normally around 80 or so tickets available in each block, except from S82 where theres normally 30-40 per block (may be different due to the e34 scenario)

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Cheers

I phoned when it opened for members the south stand is a logistical nightmare as I was told because of the large amount of season ticket holders in that stand that is why it's not open to buy a seasonticket until the renewal process is over on the 2nd may, so we have to hope plenty of seats will be available.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, weepywall said:

I have 5 season ticket holders either side of me and I don't think they have been to more than 4 games unless they sit somewhere else.

I bet they sit elsewhere. Not enough checks made at turnstiles for people abusing the age limits and also those sitting in other parts of the ground to their tickets imo.

• Like 3

I think the cheap season tickets for kids is a real issue. A nice idea for those who actually attend regularly but wide open to abuse.

The club must be able to monitor which tickets are actually used. Perhaps deny renewal to those who just buy the ticket then rarely use it? Say, ten games minimum attendance?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think the cheap season tickets for kids is a real issue. A nice idea for those who actually attend regularly but wide open to abuse.

The club must be able to monitor which tickets are actually used. Perhaps deny renewal to those who just buy the ticket then rarely use it? Say, ten games minimum attendance?

Why? If they paid for a ticket, they get the seat. How is it being abused?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

This definitely happens - Annoys me when people paying significantly less, sit behind me in the Lansdown

It’s weird.   The only time I’ve ever sat somewhere else was when I walked out at HT during the Leicester abomination under McInnes, and then, got a guilty conscience and decided to go back in but into the Dolman instead of the Williams (no price difference and could walk in through the gates where the smokers were back then).  Within 10 mins of the restart, me and my mate were surrounded by about 10 stewards and marched out - to singing from the Atyeo of ‘make them stay, make them stay, make them stay’ (to the tune of ‘here we go’!) 

I wonder what has changed in those intervening years that means stewards no longer care about people moving around - or maybe it was just me ?

• Thanks 1

The seat next to me in the South Stand has been empty all season. I needed an extra seat for my son Saturday but was told South Stand was totally sold out and had to purchase one for the Dolman. I knew it would be empty as were plenty of others so he sat there anyway. It seems to be  a club policy to push people into buying seats in the other stands.

53 minutes ago, Selred said:

I could see the point if we sold out each game as they would be depriving someone else of attending

Until we do though, nothing will be done and we'll still have loads of empty South Stands seat every game

54 minutes ago, Selred said:

£55 and a free shirt. Would love to know how many Under 12 Season tickets are sold for the South Stand, because There really aren't many under 12's in there on matchday.

Basically the adults buying those (U12 )tickets and not using them are blocking the seats so they are unavailable for others to buy who would use them regularly. As someone said earlier or another thread the South Stand had  huge swathes of empty seats. Something is not right with the system.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

£55 and a free shirt. Would love to know how many Under 12 Season tickets are sold for the South Stand, because There really aren't many under 12's in there on matchday.

Basically the adults buying those (U12 )tickets and not using them are blocking the seats so they are unavailable for others to buy who would use them regularly. As someone said earlier or another thread the South Stand had  huge swathes of empty seats. Something is not right with the system.

I don't know the price of the tickets, but if the kids go 5 times, and it's usually £15 a game, then why wouldn't the adults buy their kids season tickets for the £55 and shirt, instead of paying £75? Long term, the kids will end up supporting City and putting lots of money into the club. That's the whole point of the kids prices, to grow future fans.

Also if people wanted to go regularly in the South Stand, then buy a season ticket? It's really not a major deal, as @cidercity1987 mentions, we don't sell out each game so it's not like people can't see City.

10 minutes ago, Selred said:

I don't know the price of the tickets, but if the kids go 5 times, and it's usually £15 a game, then why wouldn't the adults buy their kids season tickets for the £55 and shirt, instead of paying £75? Long term, the kids will end up supporting City and putting lots of money into the club. That's the whole point of the kids prices, to grow future fans.

Also if people wanted to go regularly in the South Stand, then buy a season ticket? It's really not a major deal, as @cidercity1987 mentions, we don't sell out each game so it's not like people can't see City.

But people, it seems, are buying a season ticket virtually for the price of a shirt, then blocking a seat for other fans who want to go occasionally. I agree it’s only a major problem if we sell out, but if these kids aren’t going to any games then they’re not the fans of the future anyway. 

I’ve got no problem if they only go to some games - we all miss one occasionally- but they shouldn’t be blocking a seat if they very rarely go. The very low price is, I guess, tempting parents to reserve a seat in case their kids want to attend a very occasional game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

But people, it seems, are buying a season ticket virtually for the price of a shirt, then blocking a seat for other fans who want to go occasionally.

So - fan buys season ticket,attends occasionally, and is stopping a casual supporter whom only wishes to attend occasionally????........?

Can't see the logic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I bet they sit elsewhere. Not enough checks made at turnstiles for people abusing the age limits and also those sitting in other parts of the ground to their tickets imo.

I've noticed this more this season too. Earlier on in the season, and previous seasons, the light on the turnstiles would be different for adult (green) than a concession (blue). But I've noticed in recent games all tickets are now scanning as green. So there is no way for a steward to tell what ticket has been used. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

So - fan buys season ticket,attends occasionally, and is stopping a casual supporter whom only wishes to attend occasionally????........?

Can't see the logic.

But the point is they are only paying £55 and get a free shirt. The seat could be sold many times over at Adult price.

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

But the point is they are only paying £55 and get a free shirt. The seat could be sold many times over at Adult price.

I suppose the question would be if the prospective user(s) of that seat would look at the other prices elsewhere in the ground and say "nope" or shrug, maybe curse a little but still buy one - after all Man C excepted we haven't sold out have we?

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

But people, it seems, are buying a season ticket virtually for the price of a shirt, then blocking a seat for other fans who want to go occasionally. I agree it’s only a major problem if we sell out, but if these kids aren’t going to any games then they’re not the fans of the future anyway. 

I’ve got no problem if they only go to some games - we all miss one occasionally- but they shouldn’t be blocking a seat if they very rarely go. The very low price is, I guess, tempting parents to reserve a seat in case their kids want to attend a very occasional game.

I worked it out once, cant remember if it was on last seasons price or this, but after you take the price of a shirt away from the child's ST cost then its a little over 70p a match or something crazy like that. 

I totally feel the frustrations of people wanting to sit in the SS. I think someone suggested buying a ST in that case, well that's the thing, seats there rarely become available as they are blocked by these non attending children.

For many kids the attraction is having the shirt rather than the football. OKay, I get the club doesn't want loads of kids throughout the city wearing ManU tops etc and that's the reason why they started to give them away free, but when the majority of the seats just sit empty bar the 'bigger' games then something has gone very wrong.

Talking of 'bigger' games, it was certainly a bonus for these adults also having a child's ST when it came to the ManC game wasn't it? I very much doubt if anyone is going to gave up their child ST. Free shirt, free seat next to the adult and guaranteed cup tickets if needed.

I'm all for future fans, but when these fans are invisible they may as well not be there, which of course they aren't!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

these kids aren’t going to any games

But they are going to games. No one buys their kid season ticket for £55 just for the shirt which you can buy for £40. They may go to a handful of games, but they go.

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Maybe the child price should only be available in the Family Area then? If you want your child to be with you in the SS then you pay half the adult price or something? 

Years ago that's what happened when mine were small, no cheap kids prices in Dolman (and I wouldn't have used a family area even if there had been such a thing). 

• Like 1

I’ve had a south stand season ticket for the last two seasons but in September changed my job from one where i was able to do almost all games to one where I’ve managed around 50%

I looked into whether it was more cost effective to be a member and only pay for the games i can attend, but the cheapest available on a match day is the dolman wings and it works out around the same price as a season ticket which has other benefits build in. 

Technically I’m preventing someone from attending 50% of the time but if the club don’t sell out in the first place they’re hardly likely to offer a ticket exchange unless the club is able to resell my seat for the full price 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Maybe the child price should only be available in the Family Area then? If you want your child to be with you in the SS then you pay half the adult price or something? 

Years ago that's what happened when mine were small, no cheap kids prices in Dolman (and I wouldn't have used a family area even if there had been such a thing). 

That’s unfair on those adults who do take their kids on a regular basis. Not everyone with kids wants to sit in the family area. 

Comes across as using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That’s unfair on those adults who do take their kids on a regular basis. Not everyone with kids wants to sit in the family area. 

Comes across as using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. 

Or you could take into account that kids tickets are artificially discounted too heavily.

I guess you would have to compare it to similar sports and leisure activities, say bowling for example. Do under 12's go free with a paying adult for example, as if you take the cost of the shirt away then 70p a match is just about free of charge?

I think the thing is with the SS as it's reasonably priced is that if you know you won't make every game and I put myself in that bracket then you are going to buy the cheapest seats as it doesn't cost you as much not to go if you see what I mean. You could miss half the games with a season ticket in the SS and still not pay any more than POTD prices.