IGNORED

Season Ticket South Stand

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

Or you could take into account that kids tickets are artificially discounted too heavily.

I guess you would have to compare it to similar sports and leisure activities, say bowling for example. Do under 12's go free with a paying adult for example, as if you take the cost of the shirt away then 70p a match is just about free of charge?

Terrible comparison, the club are actively looking to increase their fanbase. A child’s ticket will always come along with an adults ticket, there are a lot of new families to the area and I would rather we had very attractive prices to get kids interested in watching their local club.

I do believe there should be a lower limit to how many games they attend though, how they police it is another thing though. 

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I could see the point if we sold out each game as they would be depriving someone else of attending

Until we do though, nothing will be done and we'll still have loads of empty South Stands seat every game

There aren’t many/any to buy in the south stand for most games though.

I know some people who wanted to go to a match, 3 of them wanted to sit in the south stand, it’s cheapest and they’re not huge City fans just wanted to take in a game. Not rich and wanted something cheaper than £35 each. But every block was sold out.

On the day, can’t remember which game it was now, there were swathes of empty seats in there. So the cub missed out.

I’m sure this happens every game. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Selred said:

I don't know the price of the tickets, but if the kids go 5 times, and it's usually £15 a game, then why wouldn't the adults buy their kids season tickets for the £55 and shirt, instead of paying £75? Long term, the kids will end up supporting City and putting lots of money into the club. That's the whole point of the kids prices, to grow future fans.

Also if people wanted to go regularly in the South Stand, then buy a season ticket? It's really not a major deal, as @cidercity1987 mentions, we don't sell out each game so it's not like people can't see City.

See that is the point. I’m trying to buy a season ticket in the south stand. But cannot because it is sold out for next season. So it is a major deal, as I cannot afford to buy a season ticket anywhere else as I have saved a specific amount and that does not stretch to a Dolman Wings season ticket. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Selred said:

But they are going to games. No one buys their kid season ticket for £55 just for the shirt which you can buy for £40. They may go to a handful of games, but they go.

They aren't though. That is the point. There are very few Under 12's in the South Stand on matchday. For £55 you get a free shirt for your kid and a spare season ticket for your mate, or whoever that only fancies coming to a few games a season. Point in question was the Man City game. Not many Under 12's in there. Who were all the 'adults' that suddenly appeared in the regularly empty seats ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

See that is the point. I’m trying to buy a season ticket in the south stand. But cannot because it is sold out for next season. So it is a major deal, as I cannot afford to buy a season ticket anywhere else as I have saved a specific amount and that does not stretch to a Dolman Wings season ticket. 

You should be ok if you move quick on May 2nd or whenever move your seat finishes. There will be several that haven't renewed. 

• Thanks 1

A fair few people seem to be very sure that there are lots of kids tickets not being used on match days in the South Stand.
For balance I’ve not seen that at all.  I’m in the South Stand and there are 3 under 12s in my immediate vicinity.   All 3 tickets get used for every game (bar illness and holidays) and all are now mad keen, bordering on obsessed Bristol City supporters. Which I’m presuming is kind of the point.   

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

Keep checking. There were some available in the SS on line today.

• Thanks 1

I have a season ticket in S18 , I have just purchased my wife her first season ticket in that block , S18 is always blacked  out for match day tickets as it’s for staff and basically freebies they had to get permission from the bosses to unlock the seat next to me , there are always loads of seats free around me you could always ask if any free seats  for S18 ,  it’s the last block before the Lansdown stand 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

They aren't though. That is the point. There are very few Under 12's in the South Stand on matchday. For £55 you get a free shirt for your kid and a spare season ticket for your mate, or whoever that only fancies coming to a few games a season. Point in question was the Man City game. Not many Under 12's in there. Who were all the 'adults' that suddenly appeared in the regularly empty seats ?

Okay, so the issue is people using under 12 tickets then? Not the under 12s having tickets and not going.  But to be honest you’ve got no evidence it’s the under 12s tickets causing the issues.

Does the whole kids' prices change anything? It's promoting Bristol City to a younger generation. City never sell out (Bar Man City), so it's not depriving anyone of a ticket. A lot of kids will struggle to get to City if you look at the amateur game - Bristol has the biggest Saturday grassroots football scene in the UK, as opposed to most other regions, who play on a Sunday, so that will play a huge factor in it, kids not being able to get there on a Saturday due to playing. When they grow up a lot of them won't carry it on, but they'll hopefully support City rather than supporting one of the 'big clubs', which is why I believe the incentive is there for the cheap tickets.

They should monitor the age of ticket going through though, as I believe this is what often happens, but that is done at most clubs. Can only imagine the queues at a big game if they did this though.

Edited by BCFCAL

9 hours ago, Selred said:

Okay, so the issue is people using under 12 tickets then? Not the under 12s having tickets and not going.  But to be honest you’ve got no evidence it’s the under 12s tickets causing the issues.

I don't which is why in my first post on the subject I stated that it would be interesting to know how many U12 season tickets are sold in SS and that better checks should be made at the turnstiles to stop people entering the ground if they are obviously using an age related concession ticket that is clearly not theirs.