IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The problem with our injuries is only takes one moment for our defence to look as makeshift as it is and we're a goal down. 

I don't even blame the defence, I mean they're doing well considering but the attack missing key chances and making bad decisions that cost chances. With the talent we have going forward we should not be wasting opportunity's

Poor 1st ten mins improved slightly after OTC came of for Kingy We had the two best chances until they scored but this shows you cannot compete in the Championship with such a small squad and 8 players out injured They have 6 experienced players in on loan which shows the difference in quality. We're still in this but im affraid i can see this being a 3 or 4 Nil loss :(

12 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Living in dream world if you think we will be getting an upgrade on Wells, up front is the one position we dont need to add to during the off season, midfield and defence (possibly keeper) absolute we will but be amazed if we signed a forward…..especially one as good, let alone better, than Wells.

We are desperately in need of a centre forward who can play with his back to goal and bring other players into attack, and contribute some goals from all the chances we create, but do NOT take....if u cannot see that........u may be in a world of dreams?        

• Like 1

First half thoughts 

We started poorly, consistently giving the ball away and inviting pressure 

Wells should have put us in front

DaSilva has looked good

Stoke given far too much space = 1-0

Overall the HT scoreline reflects the balance of play, Stoke on top for most of the half and although we’ve worked hard we haven’t created much

Ref very lenient 

Lets hope for a big improvement in the second half

• Like 1
Just now, maxjak said:

We are desperately in need of a centre forward who can play with his back to goal and bring other players into attack, and contribute some goals from all the chances we create, but do NOT take....if u cannot see that........u may be in a world of dreams?        

What, like Chris Martin did? That went well……We need defenders and midfielders way more than attackers……as i said i will be amazed if we spent money on a striker, especially the type you are suggesting.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
7 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Just don’t see us as a team who can hold the ball , possession we can’t dominate or dictate we’re chasing shadows all the time and only counter attacking and in this division that’s not good enough and if you rely on counter attacks you have to take your chances 

3 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Summer cant come quick enough clearly we need strengthening in areas.

We are horribly patched up. Horribly.

1) If we had Atkinson at LCB he would be able to carry it into midfield. This in turn would free up Pring to bomb on at LB. He's more dynamic than DaSilva.

2) Naismith would give us a stronger passing range plus balance between the defence and midfield.

3) Scott is Scott, enough said.

4) Williams more bite.

5) Can Sykes provide some kind of threat on the break on the road. Possibly so. He's unjustly banned.

Kalas also would be a more natural fit albeit unnatural foot (right v LCB) and again freeing up Pring.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

First half thoughts 

DaSilva has looked good

Overall the HT scoreline reflects the balance of play, Stoke on top for most of the half and although we’ve worked hard we haven’t created much

Ref very lenient 

We've created two clear chances that should have been goals and another where Sam Bell skinned the full back and didn’t pick out a choice of three players for a tap-in in the game I was watching.

• Like 2

If we score that goal, I'm saying it's great play. Good switch , early cross and the forward gets between the CB's.
Yes you can always defend better, but Vyner chasing back goes near post and cant see the striker. Cam loses the strikers run and could probably  do better. We have one fit CB so you almost have to expect errors, but hope you get away with them. 
TBH , K

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

First half thoughts 

DaSilva has looked good

Ref very lenient 

I think your being very lenient about the ref

1st half summary:

Shaky start where we cleared balls straight to them, and let Brown, Laurent and Campbell run into the channels unopposed.

Didn't really concede any chances, defended corners well.  But ultimately a bit passive in the closing and marking, so Stoke popping it around easily.

Was OTC a contact injury, challenging Campbell?

Then we grew into it, Dasilva doing well to be composed on the ball and setting Bell free...who unfortunately failed to deliver chances from great positions.  How Pearson escaped a yellow for the foul on him, wasn't even given.  Than Wells and Weimann's chances.  Weimann's - if only he could've looped it over Bonham.

Then of course the sucker punch.  Doesn't matter whether it was Pring or Vyner, one needs to lead the other there, decide who's marking, who's covering Tanner....assume Brown beyond Pring too???

Need to up the tempo all over second half.  Can get back into it, but need to want to also.

King bringing a bit of composure to our passing.

• Like 3
Just now, 1960maaan said:

If we score that goal, I'm saying it's great play. Good switch , early cross and the forward gets between the CB's.
Yes you can always defend better, but Vyner chasing back goes near post and cant see the striker. Cam loses the strikers run and could probably  do better. We have one fit CB so you almost have to expect errors, but hope you get away with them. 
TBH , K

Vyner has to go near post. Basic rules of defending. Pring got caught, it happens, end of story.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I keep telling myself we are safe…but am certainly cheering any goals Huddersfield, Reading and QPR conceed…

Currently 10 points clear or relegation with 6 games remaning, i think we are 99% safe! Wouldnt suprise me if we finished 18th -20th due to the injuries we have, but not relegated.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Shaky start where we cleared balls straight to them, and let Brown, Laurent and Campbell run into the channels unopposed.

Didn't really concede any chances, defended corners well.  But ultimately a bit passive in the closing and marking, so Stoke popping it around easily.

Was OTC a contact injury, challenging Campbell?

Then we grew into it, Dasilva doing well to be composed on the ball and setting Bell free...who unfortunately failed to deliver chances from great positions.  How Pearson escaped a yellow for the foul on him, wasn't even given.  Than Wells and Weimann's chances.  Weimann's - if only he could've looped it over Bonham.

Then of course the sucker punch.  Doesn't matter whether it was Pring or Vyner, one needs to lead the other there, decide who's marking, who's covering Tanner....assume Brown beyond Pring too???

Need to up the tempo all over second half.  Can get back into it, but need to want to also.

King bringing a bit of composure to our passing.

We've been poor in front of goal for 2/3rds of the season now (31 goals in 32 games). Still can't believe that the media/Pearson believe that we have an abundance of options in the forward position. Yes we have the numbers, but not the quality unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

First half thoughts 

DaSilva has looked good

Ref very lenient 

But it's Oliver Langford, so as per usual he is lenient but poor. 

• Like 1