IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

We've been poor in front of goal for 2/3rds of the season now (31 goals in 32 games). Still can't believe that the media/Pearson believe that we have an abundance of options in the forward position. Yes we have the numbers, but not the quality unfortunately.

Depends what we want to achieve. We have the strike force to finish mid table next season. Maybe 9th.  We obviously don’t have the strikers to finish in the play offs.  I don’t think next season can be a play off push season really though.  As @Mr Hankey so eloquently wrote, other positions are more of a priority right now.  

18 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

What, like Chris Martin did? That went well……We need defenders and midfielders way more than attackers……as i said i will be amazed if we spent money on a striker, especially the type you are suggesting.

What has Chris Martin got to do with the price of fish?  Your argument is misguided , of course we need at least 1 midfielder, possibly 2.  Bur it is not mutually exclusive, you can buy an attacker, a midfielder, and a central defender.....have you ever seen or played Football manager?   We create chances, but have no one consistently making use of them. if we are serious about improving........we need a  quality striker.

Edited by maxjak
  • Haha 1
Just now, maxjak said:

What has Chris Martin got to do with the price of fish?  Your argument is misguided , of course we need at least 1 midfielder, possibly 2.  Bur it is not mutually exclusive, you can buy an attacker, a defender, and a central defender.....have you ever seen or played Football manager?   We create chances, but have no one consistently making use of them. if we are serious about improving........we need a  quality striker.

If we sell Scott for £25m and a few others leave then we can certainly sign a striker. If we bring in 3-4 then I doubt one will be a striker. If we bring in 5-6 then I expect one would be a striker. 

14 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I keep telling myself we are safe…but am certainly cheering any goals Huddersfield, Reading and QPR conceed…

Personally I don't think we are safe, imo we need another win from somewhere and I just can't see where it's going to come from.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1
8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

What has Chris Martin got to do with the price of fish?  Your argument is misguided , of course we need at least 1 midfielder, possibly 2.  Bur it is not mutually exclusive, you can buy an attacker, a midfielder, and a central defender.....have you ever seen or played Football manager?   We create chances, but have no one consistently making use of them. if we are serious about improving........we need a  quality striker.

Hahaha what does Football Manager have to do with anything? I mentioned Chris Martin as he is exactly the type of striker you are referring to. Would i like us to sign a 30 goal a season striker? Absolutely! Do i think we will sign a striker? Nope! We have Bell, Conway, Cornick, Wells & even our 22 goal top scorer from last season Weimann - thats 5 strikers, we wont go for another one……it isn’t Football Manager, its real life.

• Like 1