IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mehmeti on the bench but Weimann and Bell in makes no sense to me. Weimann has moments but is mostly ineffective for large periods, Bell had a great start but now is basically Conway without the goals and whilst Mehmeti hasn't scored yet he's created numerous key chances that have been squandered by other players. I don't understand benching him when we're already thin on options.

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Im inclined to agree, obviously bell and conway have played together for years, so giving them a game in the first team might be interesting to see how they get on though. With conways finishing though, you would think that mehmeti creating chances would be a no brainer

Looks like a "defend from the front" team to me, I feel that despite his close quarters work, Mehmeti doesn't have the pace for hitting teams on the break.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mehmeti on the bench but Weimann and Bell in makes no sense to me. Weimann has moments but is mostly ineffective for large periods, Bell had a great start but now is basically Conway without the goals and whilst Mehmeti hasn't scored yet he's created numerous key chances that have been squandered by other players. I don't understand benching him when we're already thin on options.

Possibly wants to bring Mehmeti on after an hour.......as Stoke maybe tiring?   Unfortunately we could be 3-0 down by then?  Ha!   I can see us being over run in midfield today, really hope i am wrong.  ?

Just now, maxjak said:

Possibly wants to bring Mehmeti on after an hour.......as Stoke maybe tiring?   Unfortunately we could be 3-0 down by then?  Ha!   I can see us being over run in midfield today, really hope i am wrong.  ?

I really hope you're wrong.

And on the other hand, I really hope you're wrong.

Shoot me down , hope I’m wrong  , but with our current form / squad problems it really wouldn’t surprise me if over the 2 games this weekend we come away with a 5 or 6 - 0 aggregate loss . 

Don’t get me wrong I think slowly we are going in the right direction I just think our injuries / suspension has come and caught up with us . Playing 2 sides in form albeit Stoke are full of loanees , bit like Hull were when they got promoted