IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

56 minutes ago, Red from afar said:

Question 5, I always thought Jesus died at Calvary, rather than with the the local horse mounted army unit?

Edit: I'd best add, I love the match day posts Jerseybean, huge credit for the amount of time put into these for each match.

Thanks R f A and oops, I like to include the odd deliberate mistake to be sure everybody is paying attention. 

Bill, who gets mentioned, is in Oz and has just messaged me ‘Hope you don't have a Good Friday.’

I have a bad vibe about todays game hope I’m wrong.

15 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If ever there was a game which sums up end-of-season, two teams in mid-table with nothing to play for it`s this one!

There is pride to play for. Looking at their forum, the fans want to win this because we've won on our last four visits there.

Personally I've still not got over that Tuesday night in August 1976 when Paul Cheesley was taken out.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Thanks R f A and oops, I like to include the odd deliberate mistake to be sure everybody is paying attention. 

Bill, who gets mentioned, is in Oz and has just messaged me ‘Hope you don't have a Good Friday.’

I have a bad vibe about todays game hope I’m wrong.

Problem is if he's in Oz then due to the time difference (19:05 in Sydney) he already knows the result

• Haha 4
16 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

My Stoke supporting wife is quietly confident of a win, then she remembers we’ve won the last 4 at their place and doubt comes into play again.

But with them looking very good and and us unable to even score away from home, I think our run might be at an end and would be delighted with a draw.

Looking forward to a bit of hospitality in the Stanley Matthews suite which I must admit last season’s Good Friday meeting, was very good…….but then, we did win.

COYR

My other half is a stokie too… like the friend mentioned in the original post, im expecting a good hiding today for us…. 

as for the stoke is a shit hole stuff, yes it has rough parts, but id swap the wEdgwood estate and trentham estate for southmead any day! 

• Like 1
Just now, INCRED said:

Based on current form, we are getting a bit of a hammering today unfortunately 

I looked at the betting odds and we would be worth a bet for 2-1 away win as the return is high. Next best is the draw.

If you went with a Stoke win of 2-1 at home, then you will only get back some lose change.

I expect it to be a low scoring affair. 

We can only but pray for a win for at least for the 1K plus travelling today.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

There is pride to play for. Looking at their forum, the fans want to win this because we've won on our last four visits there.

Personally I've still not got over that Tuesday night in August 1976 when Paul Cheesley was taken out.

Peter.........Frigging.........Shilton? ?

Edited by maxjak
3 hours ago, Red from afar said:

Question 5, I always thought Jesus died at Calvary, rather than with the the local horse mounted army unit?

Edit: I'd best add, I love the match day posts Jerseybean, huge credit for the amount of time put into these for each match.

I'm certain he's at the Emirates...........pretty sure he scored twice for Arsenal last Saturday.

• Like 1

Mehmeti on the bench but Weimann and Bell in makes no sense to me. Weimann has moments but is mostly ineffective for large periods, Bell had a great start but now is basically Conway without the goals and whilst Mehmeti hasn't scored yet he's created numerous key chances that have been squandered by other players. I don't understand benching him when we're already thin on options.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Mehmeti on the bench but Weimann and Bell in makes no sense to me. Weimann has moments but is mostly ineffective for large periods, Bell had a great start but now is basically Conway without the goals and whilst Mehmeti hasn't scored yet he's created numerous key chances that have been squandered by other players. I don't understand benching him when we're already thin on options.

Im inclined to agree, obviously bell and conway have played together for years, so giving them a game in the first team might be interesting to see how they get on though. With conways finishing though, you would think that mehmeti creating chances would be a no brainer

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I would say the same re Mehmeti.