IGNORED

Is it official news if it hasn't been on the official club site?

W-S-M Seagull

2 hours ago, spudski said:

That's not true though is it. 

If a player signs...that's official. The paperwork is done. 

He's officially signed. 

When a club choose to make an announcement to the public...that information doesn't make it ' official'. 

Many people will know a player has officially signed before it's made public. 

Exactly. And if RR wants to on the privvy with his paperwork, then so be it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m not saying that at all - as Spudski said many people will know about impending transfers but we as fans aren’t privy to various elements of deals - they are strictly confidential.

The only way that we fans know for certain that Joe Bloggs has signed for us is when it’s confirmed on the OS. I’m struggling to understand why anyone would question that fact……..……..:dunno:

Because some fans do know before the announcement is made on the OS.  Some will even know the contractual details, despite their confidentiality.  I’m not one of those fans btw.  Players, agents, club officials aren’t always as tight lipped as you might think they are.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because some fans do know before the announcement is made on the OS.  Some will even know the contractual details, despite their confidentiality.  I’m not one of those fans btw.  Players, agents, club officials aren’t always as tight lipped as you might think they are.

Spot on.

I’m not debating with that idiot (I have him on ignore anyway) but on deadline day for instance a fair few (not me) knew that Mehmeti had signed a long time before it was announced & the Cornick deal wasn’t immediately publicised when he had, specifically because Luton wanted to secure his replacement (Taylor from Peterborough) without them hiking the price up.

No point in us debating this though, he’ll just go into “fingers in his ears” mode & repeat the same point ad nauseam.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Of course many people will know before any transfer is confirmed - those that are involved in the deal. Agents, managers, CEO’s to name just three.

I knew that Wilkshire was joining before the deal was announced. The late Colin Sexstone told me. I didn’t post that information on here because I saw it as confidential. I also knew that Marcus Stewart was signing before it became official for the same reason.

What I find amusing is the so say unreliable ‘sources’ on social media and yet we see so many crop on here.

There used to be a father of a LB that played for us, that drank in the Avon Packet. He would literally tell anyone who would listen what was going on behind closed doors at the club. Most of it was negative because his son wasn't getting picked...too old and past it... however pretty much everything he said was true and was confirmed. This scenario must happen a lot. That's just one instance that comes to mind. As said before...their are family members, agents, friends, etc etc...that are ' fans' and willing to divulge. 

• Like 2

On 05/04/2023 at 13:51, Robbored said:

The only time that I read the OS is during the two windows. There’s always plenty of wild speculation and rumour on here that means bugger all…………:dunno:

A player joining or leaving City is only 100% fact when it’s announced on the OS.

It’s all a bit of a joke now - but this started out simply because you hate the idea of people knowing things about the club that you don’t. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What RR means is HE only trusts the OS and won’t listen to rumours, but instead of just saying that he is deliberately antagonistic and likes to repeat this tripe at every opportunity 

Which begs the question...why would you trust the OS as being 100% truthful?

I'm not saying it isn't. But every business prints what it wants... some more truthful than others. 

We've had players and fathers of players on this forum...amongst others...if one came on and said the OS is wrong in what it's published...who do you believe?

Horses mouth or OS. 

When Aston was here I questioned everything that was on the OS. Tbh...I question everything as everything has an agenda. 

When an owner or manager speaks of pushing and expecting promotion on the OS...clearly as fans we know the situation...but they aren't going to say we are happy to survive this league...as that won't sell tickets or sponsorship. 

• Like 1

I’m not saying that at all - as Spudski said many people will know about impending transfers but we as fans aren’t privy to various elements of deals - they are strictly confidential.

The only way that we fans know for certain that Joe Bloggs has signed for us is when it’s confirmed on the OS. I’m struggling to understand why anyone would question that fact……..……..:dunno:

Joe Bloggs is signing for us ?

• Haha 1

This Bloggs fellow, can't play centre half can he?

Edited by CrackingCheeseGromit
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

:disapointed2se:………that may well be so but it’s not official. I repeat - the only 100% reliable transfer source is the OS. Everything else is simply speculation and rumour.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

:disapointed2se:………that may well be so but it’s not official. I repeat - the only 100% reliable transfer source is the OS. Everything else is simply speculation and rumour.

RR...you've avoided my explanation. Why are you being so stupid? You really aren't helping yourself now. 

It's ' official' when papers are signed. Not when the OS decides to publish the facts. 

Which bit of that don't you understand? 

There are numerous people that are involved in the official signing. 

I actually feel for you. 

You come from a generation that believes everything published by certain media and business outlets that have you all hook, line and sinker. 

It's hard to admit when you're wrong...but you are. 

It's not something to be ashamed of. The world is moving so fast and what was seen as reality in the past, often isn't now. 

I digress...but the sentiment stands. 

You are more likely to hear the truth from someone close to the source without an agenda...rather than an ' official outlet'. 

As for your disdain of twitter...it's seen as the quickest info that all journalists use that you read. 

Yes there is disinformation. 

Yet, check out who own ' fact checkers' on social media. 

Everything has an agenda behind it. 

Edited by spudski
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

90% of which is complete made up bollocks.

You can just follow the official Bristol City Twitter account if you like.

They have their moments but I don’t think they make things up and far more productive and prompt than the OS

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

…you do know we announce signings on Twitter (often with a tease) before they’re put on the OS. Therefore, Twitter is a more reliable and quicker medium than the OS…

I have a twitter account but have never ever used it. The amount of complete ill informed shite on there is truly staggering. It’s impossible to put any credibility on anything.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have a twitter account but have never ever used it. The amount of complete ill informed shite on there is truly staggering. It’s impossible to put any credibility on anything.

Never ever used it and yet believe it to be ill informed shite? This opinion appears to be ill informed.

Edited by CiderJar