IGNORED

Wrexham host Notts County

Fordy62

More seriously, the exact “fee” from Disney won’t have covered what they’ve put in but the exponential growth in Wrexham the “brand” and demand for them worldwide will more than cover the investment long term.

I’ll say again as I did on a recent thread - if at the end of an owners stewardship they’ve improved the ground, increased the profile, improved community engagement, got the club better off financially and delivered on pitch success that’s a pretty damn good tenure. Reynolds and Mclhenny will do that. And there were far easier ways (with less stress) for them to make money than this.

I doubt their reasons at the start. But I’ve no doubt they’re engaged now and on the list of bad owners, they’re some way down.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Ya beautyyyy

Wrexham have been a typical Parkinson side. Long ball and physical.

Luke Williams is a top coach and County have played some good stuff for the level they're at. Deserve to be leading.

That is  just simply NOT true..........Parkinson is an excellent coach/ manager, and to trivialise his accomplishments with such a glib statement is absurd and simply NOT the case.  A biased and inaccurate assessment, which says more about your slanted observations than PP's career.   Let's see who go's up shall we?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Really enjoyed that game. 
Has the Netflix series paid for what Ryan Reynolds and his mate put into the club? 

I think Disney paid them a decent wedge in the couple of millions & there’ll likely be more series with more $’s as they attempt to go through the leagues. They know what they are doing on that side & are a huge draw with Reynolds in particular. 
It’s a bit like Clarkson’s farm which is heavily scripted but Clarkson got a wedge for making both series, and at the same time creates a tourist spot which self promotes itself, except you can’t script football results & hopefully League 2 will prove tougher, but it’s certainly going to be an interesting watch from afar. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I think Disney paid them a decent wedge in the couple of millions & there’ll likely be more series with more $’s as they attempt to go through the leagues. They know what they are doing on that side & are a huge draw with Reynolds in particular. 
It’s a bit like Clarkson’s farm which is heavily scripted but Clarkson got a wedge for making both series, and at the same time creates a tourist spot which self promotes itself, except you can’t script football results & hopefully League 2 will prove tougher, but it’s certainly going to be an interesting watch from afar. 

Ha!   I think Ryan and his mate, as u call them....have a bit more talent and accomplishments........than sad old "burn out" Clarkson........IMO

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Ha!   I think Ryan and his mate, as u call them....have a bit more talent and accomplishments........than sad old "burn out" Clarkson........IMO

Talking about the theory / concept & what sort of money is floating about, not the specific talent, Clarkson is just an example of the model

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, maxjak said:

That is  just simply NOT true..........Parkinson is an excellent coach/ manager, and to trivialise his accomplishments with such a glib statement is absurd and simply NOT the case.  A biased and inaccurate assessment, which says more about your slanted observations than PP's career.   Let's see who go's up shall we?

I don't care about Wrexham, but from the games I've seen of them this season in the fa cup and today they were long ball merchants. Parkinson was the same at both Bolton and Bradford. That's his style and he has always been successful with it. Just not my cup of tea ☺️

• Like 1

What they've done at Wrexham is a clever concept. Reynolds in particular seems a master of marketing.

They must be raking it in from advertisers, from Reynolds' own companies as well as the likes of Expedia and Tik Tok. 

I think it's evident they do care a lot about the football club and it's community. Sure, they'll be a few naff moments along the way, as they're both North American and have worked in Hollywood.

But they seem to be doing a decent enough job so far, keeping the existing fanbase onside whilst growing a new fanbase worldwide.

Little doubt they will be promoted straight out of League Two next season; a much easier division to be promoted from than the National League. 

They'll be one of the bigger clubs at L1 level too, so I'm fully expecting them to be in the Championship in the not too distant future. After that, who knows...

• Like 2

I don’t know all the detail, but from an outsider it looks like they’ve just pumped money into the club similar to your Chelsea’s and Man City’s but at a lower level (more like Salford). 

it’ll be great for the area and the community,  but Im not sure it’s something I can get behind. Especially the people jumping behind them now because there’s a series and it’s fashionable.

Shame Notts County couldn’t put that penalty away to keep the title race alive - all but gone now you feel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t know all the detail, but from an outsider it looks like they’ve just pumped money into the club similar to your Chelsea’s and Man City’s but at a lower level (more like Salford). 

it’ll be great for the area and the community,  but Im not sure it’s something I can get behind. Especially the people jumping behind them now because there’s a series and it’s fashionable.

Shame Notts County couldn’t put that penalty away to keep the title race alive - all but gone now you feel.

It’s probably how Salford should have done it! Although as someone said they do seem to care a lot more. Salford got the bbc doc out of it, but TikTok sponsorship alone for Wrexham is several million - 2 Year deal with a promotion bonus. Disney+ episodes making £500k per episode for Disney so that’ll renew. The Hollywood aspect to it makes it truly a global ‘brand’ that’ll only grow as they work their way up, it goes against football purists but it’s always been a business for the big boys too. Even getting Ben Foster on board was good for both parties / Ben’s ‘brand’ before a ball was kicked. It’s not quite what I used to try and do on championship manager (that’s more the Newcastle approach!) but it’ll be an interesting watch to see who, how (they may need investment) & what they add staff & player wise. 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

You should probably watch Welcome to Wrexham before responding... 

"It'll be great for the area and the community" is ultimately all that matters, isn't it? No-one is asking you to go and support Wrexham, but I'd be interested to hear why you can't get behind that principle? 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wrexham already have more financial clout, and probably a higher wage bill, than Salford.

Probably a bigger wage? So you are guessing? When they work out it takes time and money to get out off rovers leauge, and nobody's interested in netflix docs no more, I'm sure they will stick around