IGNORED

Wrexham host Notts County

Fordy62

54 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

The Disney+ series is quite good, but haven't we seen this a couple of years ago with Salford City?

Their inevitable rise seems to have slowed down recently....

Looks like they are losing around £3-4m a year going from the last few seasons, apparently money from directors can count as turnover under ffp in leagues 1/2 and the ex-man u players are probably all very wealthy but they should have got paid something for selling Thomas-Asante to WBA at least.

I see them as a smaller club with money like Forest Green and it took them 5 seasons and 2 play off losses before getting out of League 2, looks like Salford are in with a shout of the play offs and this is their 3rd League 2 season. I can't see Salford getting past the glass ceiling in League 1 when you start competing with the likes of Ipswich, Wednesday, Bolton etc. With Wrexham though I definitely think they could one day compete in the championship at least (and with their high profile sponsors would be interesting to see where they would stack up financially against other champ sides), would laugh if they somehow missed promotion this season though having their owners already being given the freedom of Wrexham after beating Notts.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Looks like they are losing around £3-4m a year going from the last few seasons, apparently money from directors can count as turnover under ffp in leagues 1/2 and the ex-man u players are probably all very wealthy but they should have got paid something for selling Thomas-Asante to WBA at least.

I see them as a smaller club with money like Forest Green and it took them 5 seasons and 2 play off losses before getting out of League 2, looks like Salford are in with a shout of the play offs and this is their 3rd League 2 season. I can't see Salford getting past the glass ceiling in League 1 when you start competing with the likes of Ipswich, Wednesday, Bolton etc. With Wrexham though I definitely think they could one day compete in the championship at least (and with their high profile sponsors would be interesting to see where they would stack up financially against other champ sides), would laugh if they somehow missed promotion this season though having their owners already being given the freedom of Wrexham after beating Notts.

I thought Peter Lim's money almost guaranteed them a place in the championship, perhaps he's not backing them as much now...

2 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

I thought Peter Lim's money almost guaranteed them a place in the championship, perhaps he's not backing them as much now...

I think smaller clubs like Wycombe, Burton, Yeovil etc have done it in the last 10 years without massively overspending so it's not impossible, but none of them were big enough to stay up beyond a couple of seasons. It will be a really tough ask for Salford while League 1 has this many big clubs and for every little club that makes it to the champ there are many more who lose momentum and fall down the leagues again. If I was Lim I would be very worried about Valencia being in the relegation zone in Spain at the moment. ? Guessing his experience at Valencia might also put him off backing Salford more than he is now.

• Like 1