IGNORED

Wrexham host Notts County

Fordy62

I feel like this needs a thread especially seeing as our game isn’t on until later. I trust it’s on tv somewhere!? It’s a massive, massive game!

Fun fact, The Old Lady got their famous stripes from Notts County. 

Come on you Magpies! We’re all behind you!

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel like this needs a thread especially seeing as our game isn’t on until later. I trust it’s on tv somewhere!? It’s a massive, massive game!

Fun fact, The Old Lady got their famous stripes from Notts County. 

Come on you Magpies! We’re all behind you!

It’s on BT.  Come on Wrexham I say! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It's got to be Notts County for me today, one of the founder members of the football league should actually be in it.

Plus I have known two Notts County fans and only one Wrexham fan so Notts by weight of numbers.

I would also like to see Wreham back in the league because for most of my memory they were.

Similarly I was used to there being three Devon league teams, usually in the fourth division, so would like Torquay to be back up.  Though that looks to be years away.

County for me.

I spent six weeks working in Nottingham once and visited Meadow Lane with a workmate who was an avid fan. He maintained, and I had no way of assessing the accuracy of this, that County represented the majority of city of Nottingham dwellers, whereas Forest was out-of-towners.  Whatever the truth, I think Nottingham is a great city and I've had some fun times there.

The only time I went to Wrexham it appeared to be a series of badly signposted roundabouts all with industrial estates off them. 

Just now, petehinton said:

On my knees for a Notts County win. 

Am I right in thinking the ‘plan’ a few years back was that Luke Williams would’ve succeeded LJ/someone as our head coach in a future season but had a big bust up with someone (Ashton?) and left out the back door?

Certainly was talked up at one point as part of a succession plan..

Can’t recall the exact detail but we’ve never been great at identifying either a consistent style of play or even “type” of manager, have we?

Would love County to go up & a Welsh club with a league one budget at least to **** up in the playoffs again.

“Sure would make a great movie..”

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

On my knees for a Notts County win. 

Am I right in thinking the ‘plan’ a few years back was that Luke Williams would’ve succeeded LJ/someone as our head coach in a future season but had a big bust up with someone (Ashton?) and left out the back door?

The statement announcing his sudden departure was certainly a bit blunt... https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/luke-williams-departure/

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Mullin is on 7k. That’s insane. 

Cheltenham’s captain Tozer joined them & doubled his wages, Cheltenham were in League One at the time, they’re buying the league.

Losing £60k a week last season.

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Spoke to a few Wrexham fans on Saturday as playing Halifax (which they lost). Must admit couple I spoke to were realistic about what they could achieve. Certainly expecting championship football within four / five seasons 

That’s being realistic, is it?

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s being realistic, is it?

I personally thought so , high profile ownership. Number of clubs progress out of non league into league one within a season. If expecting championship football within two seasons or premiership within four / five seasons I would call that unrealistic