IGNORED

Wrexham host Notts County

Fordy62

53 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm I the only Otiber who has no idea who Ryan Reynolds was?

No, I have no idea either.

Don’t watch Hollywood films, so there are absolutely loads of these actors that completely pass me by.

• Like 4

On 11/04/2023 at 16:56, Red-Robbo said:

To be fair, I didn't know who he was either, but his post match interview was everything you want your owner to be really, great respect given out, humble, and obviously loves the game

I've not been following the conference but can't believe 2 teams over 100 points!  Crazy times, should defo be 2 auto spots!

• Like 3

On 10/04/2023 at 20:00, Kid in the Riot said:

You should probably watch Welcome to Wrexham before responding... 

"It'll be great for the area and the community" is ultimately all that matters, isn't it? No-one is asking you to go and support Wrexham, but I'd be interested to hear why you can't get behind that principle? 

Wrexham have been in the doldrums for a fair few years now. As you say - great for the community and the area as a whole as with the world wide publicity comes plenty of money for local businesses 

You can’t help but be happy for those fans who have stuck with them through the last 10-15 years too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

To be fair, I didn't know who he was either, but his post match interview was everything you want your owner to be really, great respect given out, humble, and obviously loves the game

I've not been following the conference but can't believe 2 teams over 100 points!  Crazy times, should defo be 2 auto spots!

I'm not trying to talk down the two teams' achievement, but both clubs have budgets that would be similar to putting Man City and Arsenal into the Championship. Mullin at Wrexham earns £4.5K a week, whereas some players at other National League clubs are still on part-time contracts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not trying to talk down the two teams' achievement, but both clubs have budgets that would be similar to putting Man City and Arsenal into the Championship. Mullin at Wrexham earns £4.5K a week, whereas some players at other National League clubs are still on part-time contracts.

That's football though, happens in every division pretty much, money talks these days and we would be no different if we dropped down a division or two I'm sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

No mate, you are not alone.

Sci-Fi; therefore not interested in the slightest.

God only knows who the other bloke is.

I thought Reynolds originally made his name in rom-coms, before moving onto Marvel films... either way, I can't recall seeing a single film he's been in, but was aware of who he was, as he's a pretty famous Hollywood actor. 

I do like the Wrexham story and what the owners have done regarding the local community and they are genuine for sure.
I just think it's a shame that Notts County who by comparison don't have anywhere near that money are going to be pipped to automatic promotion with 100+ points. Really hope if they don't make it they go up in the playoffs as they very much deserve it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I do like the Wrexham story and what the owners have done regarding the local community and they are genuine for sure.
I just think it's a shame that Notts County who by comparison don't have anywhere near that money are going to be pipped to automatic promotion with 100+ points. Really hope if they don't make it they go up in the playoffs as they very much deserve it.

Given the side that are now going up and down each season, I think the league should consider 2 automatics and 1 play off winner promotions. Like you say, to get over 100 points and still not go up isn't right.

• Like 4

On 11/04/2023 at 16:56, Red-Robbo said:

No you're not. First I seen of him was when he was advertising BT or something a few years ago. I don't keep up with Hollywood and stopped taking interest in the Oscars decades ago when I discovered that they cheated Rin Tin Tin out of being awarded the first Oscar.

Then again when I heard a couple of years ago that The Killers had sold out Ashton Gate that's the first time I had ever heard of them! 

37 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Their Danish owners have invested £12m since 2019, so not sure about that.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

No you're not. First I seen of him was when he was advertising BT or something a few years ago. I don't keep up with Hollywood and stopped taking interest in the Oscars decades ago when I discovered that they cheated Rin Tin Tin out of being awarded the first Oscar.

Then again when I heard a couple of years ago that The Killers had sold out Ashton Gate that's the first time I had ever heard of them! 

If you'd heard "Mr Brightside" being played at every wedding reception and party for anyone aged 25-45 for the past decade plus, you'd have heard quite enough of The Killers. ?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Their Danish owners have invested £12m since 2019, so not sure about that.

It's pocket change in comparison to Wrexham though isn't it? 

Like I said, I'm not against a club like Wrexham getting the money and good owners, they're a traditional club who shouldn't be loitering in the Non League scene for as long as they have been.

Hopefully Notts County go up and they get the same amount of recognition as Wrexham have got, but I doubt that will be the case.