IGNORED

2 UP 2 ALL.

pillred

13 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It was a good match played by two teams trying to win it.

I have seen us just a couple of years back being outplayed for long periods match after match hanging on. We could have won, we could have lost, but it’s exactly that type of match will attract fans to the Gate in my view.

Agreed.

On two years ago we were being outplayed often, home and away and confidence was on the floor. Didn't have terrible players individually but when confidence is on the floor you're in serious trouble, plus lots of contracts set to expire, no fans (as with everyone)- that is a perfect storm of negativity

We have come so so far since then.

• Like 4

We drew with one of the better teams in this league (I would take Carrick as our next manager in a heartbeat btw), when most would probably have snapped your hands off for a draw before the game.

Yes we were 2 up, and yes we let it slip, but Vyner gets something decent on that ball towards the end, and we win 3-2. 

A decent game, a fair result considering how good they looked at times, a decent point. 2 dropped yes, but more positives to take from that game than negatives.

Some people just like a moan.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, miser said:

Been watching for 57 years. Yet to be worn down by negativity

So you are never ever unhappy? I did not say I was unhappy with supporting city which in my case is only 55 years but tonight I found it hard to watch us yet again surrender a 2 goal lead being city we went from getting a really good result at Stoke to tonights outcome which had a feeling of de ja vu but yes overall 4 points was a good outcome over Easter.

Edited by pillred

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

We drew with one of the better teams in this league (I would take Carrick as our next manager in a heartbeat btw), when most would probably have snapped your hands off for a draw before the game.

Yes we were 2 up, and yes we let it slip, but Vyner gets something decent on that ball towards the end, and we win 3-2. 

A decent game, a fair result considering how good they looked at times, a decent point. 2 dropped yes, but more positives to take from that game than negatives.

Some people just like a moan.

Remember never ever moan ever again, I will be watching :laugh:. and yes a decent point but we do seem to lose more points from winning positions than gaining them, well certainly from my experience.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

The other way around we are happy, but as it turned out ( as I, unfortunately, thought it would) we are left deflated all the excuses in the world can be trotted out but in the end, the city did what the city do and personally, I'm just growing a little weary at the inevitability of It, as a season ticket seller I'm not sure if it prompts people to buy or like me they will think how come a team like Boro who themselves have not been in the top flight for ages and do not receive PP can look so superior to us for long periods. 

When it comes to being deflated you've let yourself down.

• Haha 5

Over my 48 years watching the City seem some real lows and great highs. Today I watched a fully commited side try their best to win. A side with several first team starters not starting, two starters only in parts and playing a promotion chasing side. Yes it was disappointing not to win. But what a great advert for the championship. Really loved the reaction of my two two twin grandsons really get into the effort, drama and they where bouncing. That performance is how to get fans coming back.

COYR

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Over my 48 years watching the City seem some real lows and great highs. Today I watched a fully commited side try their best to win. A side with several first team starters not starting, two starters only in parts and playing a promotion chasing side. Yes it was disappointing not to win. But what a great advert for the championship. Really loved the reaction of my two two twin grandsons really get into the effort, drama and they where bouncing. That performance is how to get fans coming back.

COYR

It WAS a great game and had I been neutral I would agree, but having seen us do this too many times it's natural to be disappointed, we were outplayed for long periods maybe with all our players available the result might have been different somehow though we always seem to be in this position except for 2014/ 2015 where almost everything seemed to go right since then unlucky as far as injuries go doesn't even cover it.

57 minutes ago, pillred said:

So you are never ever unhappy? I did not say I was unhappy with supporting city which in my case is only 55 years but tonight I found it hard to watch us yet again surrender a 2 goal lead being city we went from getting a really good result at Stoke to tonights outcome which had a feeling of de ja vu but yes overall 4 points was a good outcome over Easter.

when was the last time we surrendered a 2 goal lead?

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

we were outplayed for long periods maybe with all our players available the result might have been different somehow though we always seem to be in this position except for 2014/ 2015 where almost everything seemed to go right since then unlucky as far as injuries go doesn't even cover it.

If thats the case then surely we did very well to hold on & get the point. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thoroughly enjoyed today.

We are without Kalas, Atkinson, Scott, Williams, Sykes - all first choice starters.

Two more - Conway and Naismith - only played bit parts today.

What on earth do people seriously expect?! Our threadbare squad is running on fumes, yet even when the players still find a way to grind out results, it's not good enough for some. Nuts! 

And what other City manager, stripped of that many first choice starters, has ever got such results and, yes, performances at this level of football??

I can't think of one.

Again, nuts isn't it? 

Whilst we were without several first team players, if you look at the number of appearances and experience of today's starting 11, it was hardly a bunch of inexperienced kids, was it? 

Our two holding midfielders are Premier League winners ffs. 

Two of the forwards are ex-Premier League too. 

Millwall, Luton, PNE, Blackburn and Coventry out-performing us this season, nuts isn't it? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Big C said:

when was the last time we surrendered a 2 goal lead?

Not sure but we have thrown away leads on a number of occasions, we once threw a 2 goal lead against Leeds and a three-goal lead against Sunderland in the same week 4 or 5 years ago and I seem to remember us being three up at Derby once and failing to win. Not exactly that recently but we do seem to have a habit of putting supporters through the mill trying to hold on to leads, surely you have at some time felt that?

14 minutes ago, pillred said:

Not sure but we have thrown away leads on a number of occasions, we once threw a 2 goal lead against Leeds and a three-goal lead against Sunderland in the same week 4 or 5 years ago and I seem to remember us being three up at Derby once and failing to win. Not exactly that recently but we do seem to have a habit of putting supporters through the mill trying to hold on to leads, surely you have at some time felt that?

So, basically, three days ago we came from behind to win, then today we take a lead but end up drawing. And your response focusses on the “inevitable” throwing away of a two goal lead because you can remember us doing the same several years ago.

But we’re not doing it often now, are we?

As so many others have pointed out, you are being excessively negative.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pillred said:

I have unfortunately but can't understand why a club like Boro who themselves have had no PP are in so much of a better position than us.

Simple. They (MA and LJ) spunked it, and more, up the wall on wages than Boro did.

End of Story. 123% of turnover wasn't just Championship norm, but stupidity.

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Whilst we were without several first team players, if you look at the number of appearances and experience of today's starting 11, it was hardly a bunch of inexperienced kids, was it? 

Our two holding midfielders are Premier League winners ffs. 

Two of the forwards are ex-Premier League too. 

Millwall, Luton, PNE, Blackburn and Coventry out-performing us this season, nuts isn't it? 

Did we concede the goals because of the ex-Premier league winners or ex-Premier league forwards? If you’re determined to be disappointed you’ll always find a a reason I suppose. The fact that all bar seemingly two people on the forum have been able to see beyond their frustration and see the bigger picture for what it is maybe says more than those who expected more out of the game on the basis that King and James have Premier League winners medals and Nakhi played 4 games or whatever it was in the Prem…in my view anyway.

4 hours ago, Fuber said:

Simple. They (MA and LJ) spunked it, and more, up the wall on wages than Boro did.

End of Story. 123% of turnover wasn't just Championship norm, but stupidity.

Them and Steve Lansdown who supported Swiss, let’s not forget that. Steve gets massive credit for picking up the tab obviously but his unequivocal support of Swiss and suggestion that the slimy bastard Ashton was misrepresented by the fans has ruined any idea of a particularly positive legacy he might have had. Many won’t forget that. We’ve had to put up with three years of the shittest football I’ve ever seen (and I include the slide down to Division 4 in that) to slowly get back to where we are now.

• Like 1

This season we've led games 23 times. From those 23 leads we've cashed in 13 wins, lost 3, and drawn 3. In terms of points taken from winning positions we're 13th in the division (46 points). Average and not too bad really.

We've been behind 14 times and have come back to win once (last week), got back on level terms 4 times, and continued losing all the way to the final whistle 14 times. 7 points claimed.

Most football teams win once they're ahead and lose once they're behind. We're not unusual at all and if you think we are then you're letting your own anecdotal pessimistically biased "evidence" determine your "facts".

Numbers above are from transfermarkt:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/punktenachfuehrung/wettbewerb/GB2

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/punktenachrueckstand/wettbewerb/GB2/sort/siege

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Them and Steve Lansdown who supported Swiss, let’s not forget that. Steve gets massive credit for picking up the tab obviously but his unequivocal support of Swiss and suggestion that the slimy bastard Ashton was misrepresented by the fans has ruined any idea of a particularly positive legacy he might have had. Many won’t forget that. We’ve had to put up with three years of the shittest football I’ve ever seen (and I include the slide down to Division 4 in that) to slowly get back to where we are now.

Careful. No one on here likes anyone who dare criticise the main man…..

Meanwhile @pillred you feeling better this morning?

I, for one, is looking forward to another perfectly punctuated post….. ?