IGNORED

Kalas to leave ?

Major Isewater

4 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Every week it seems he’s due back only to suffer a set back.  Our best defender by a mile but thought he needed to play 5 out of 7 to stand a chance of staying.  Too high risk to offer a contract and time for him to move on.  

Not sure I would agree on “by a mile”. I think one thing that really does not help his cause is that Vyner, Atkinson and Naismith are all certainly good enough for Championship level and even Pring - whilst not a natural - is good enough that my main frustration with him at centre back is the fact he is not playing at left back. Kalas probably is our best defender but the others are good enough that I don’t think a fit Kalas would have massively impacted on our league position.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Every week it seems he’s due back only to suffer a set back.  Our best defender by a mile but thought he needed to play 5 out of 7 to stand a chance of staying.  Too high risk to offer a contract and time for him to move on.  

Yes,it's time to go ..

But the law of sod says wherever he next plays he will be everpresent ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not sure I would agree on “by a mile”. I think one thing that really does not help his cause is that Vyner, Atkinson and Naismith are all certainly good enough for Championship level and even Pring - whilst not a natural - is good enough that my main frustration with him at centre back is the fact he is not playing at left back. Kalas probably is our best defender but the others are good enough that I don’t think a fit Kalas would have massively impacted on our league position.

Wouldn’t disagree that the others are good enough but just my opinion he is the next level up as Man City proved. All ifs and maybes as to as whether that would have improved our league position but if fit he plays above any of our other options.  

Is he worth the risk on a reduced contract then it’s a no as we are not wealthy enough to take those risks anymore,  hence it’s a no from me. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1