IGNORED

Kalas to leave ?

Major Isewater

Kalas hasn’t played much thru injury and is OOC this summer so there could be something in your dream. As I understand it Kalas is one of the higher paid players and part of Nige’s remit is to reduce the wage bill so it would be no surprise for TK depart AG.

If he was offered a new contract it would definitely be on reduced terns.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Kalas hasn’t played much thru injury and is OOC this summer so there could be something in your dream. As I understand it Kalas is one of the higher paid players and part of Nige’s remit is to reduce the wage bill so it would be no surprise for TK depart AG.

If he was offered a new contract it would definitely be on reduced terns.

I believe what you meant to say was:

“We all have lots of dreams MI, and as we’re all city fans they often include the club. However, I tend to remember they’re just dreams and only put any credence on them if the dream includes news from the OS. That’s the only site I trust in a dream like semi concious state, and while snoring away I luckily have the ability to ensure the lines between dreams and reality don’t get blurred by ensuring this safeguard is built into my REM activities”

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

“We all have lots of dreams MI, and as we’re all city fans they often include the club. However, I tend to remember they’re just dreams and only put any credence on them if the dream includes news from the OS. That’s the only site I trust in a dream like semi concious state, and while snoring away I luckily have the ability to ensure the lines between dreams and reality don’t get blurred by ensuring this safeguard is built into my REM activities”

It’s like talking about the man on the moon…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

If we could add his transfer fee, signing on fee, agents fees, wages etc together…. I’m pretty sure his cost per game would be eye-watering and not represent anything like value for money. He’ll be gone in the summer. 

£8M fee, approximately 100 games = £80k per game plus £20K per week wages etc, etc.

Baker took a huge cut in wages, Tomas is very settled here along with his family and will need to drop to half or less of that wage to stay.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

154 appearances.

13,000 minutes so equivalent of 144.5 full 90 minutes.

Are you including the loan prior to signing?

I haven’t, I also haven’t  included the loan fee we payed Chelsea £2M? or the wages for that period.

Just now, Countryfile said:

Are you including the loan prior to signing?

I haven’t, I also haven’t  included the loan fee we payed Chelsea £2M? or the wages for that period.

Sorry didn’t see the previous reply.

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

2awj.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malvern Red said:

Everybody Hurts themselves from time to time in the modern game but Kalas gets injured too often for my liking 

Its a perception you might take from this last year but actually when you look at his playing record (thanks Wiki) it is not that bad in his defence, in fact considering the way TK plays the game perhaps pretty good ?

• 2015/16 season  (M/boro)43 appearances
  • 2016/18 (Fulham) 69 appearances
  • 2018/19 (BCFC)  38 appearances
  • 2019- BCFC 105 apperances.

So this season he has been blighted with soft tissue injuries but I would guess the question the medical team, mangement will ask as he is almost 30 will he put those behind him for next season.

If the answers is yes and he will agree a new deal on more favourable terms to BCFC (like AW & NW) then its a given we will sign him ? And a fit TK is a top top defender in the championship.

With the days of austerity for Championship clubs is there any reason to think he would actually get a better deal elsewhere..also bear in mind he is on record as being settled in this area...  and NP has stated he really likes TK..

I, being the eternal optimist am hopeful he will be here next season..fit and raring to go...?  We shall see !

Edited by DT The Optimist
  • Robin 1

When you lump together Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer, all of whom I assume we paid loan fees for before they joined us permanently from Chelsea, they have to be pound for pound some of the worst value signings in our history considering one left on a free and the other two are set to follow. 

I hope Kalas signs a reduced deal and gets fully fit. He still has plenty to offer IMO, however unlikely that is. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 9
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, tin said:

When you lump together Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer, all of whom I assume we paid loan fees for before they joined us permanently from Chelsea, they have to be pound for pound some of the worst value signings in our history considering one left on a free and the other two are set to follow. 

I hope Kalas signs a reduced deal and gets fully fit. He still has plenty to offer IMO, however unlikely that is. 

Don’t understand why people always see the need to lump Dasilva in here.

He cost £2m, has already played 140 times for us, has been available far more often than not (apart from the pandemic season when most players seemed to be injured), so he’s hardly a particular example of profligacy.

Nagy, Palmer (who admittedly you mentioned) Massengo, Taylor Moore, Engvall, Djuric, Watkins & numerous others also cost millions & we have had far less out of, it must simply be because he also came from Chelsea because overall I think he’s been an ok signing.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t understand why people always see the need to lump Dasilva in here.

He cost £2m, has already played 140 times for us, has been available far more often than not (apart from the pandemic season when most players seemed to be injured), so he’s hardly a particular example of profligacy.

Nagy, Palmer (who admittedly you mentioned) Massengo, Taylor Moore, Engvall, Djuric, Watkins & numerous others also cost millions & we have had far less out of, it must simply be because he also came from Chelsea because overall I think he’s been an ok signing.

Fair enough, Graham. I agree with a lot of that. My point, however, was about us paying a premium for three Chelsea youngsters and the prospect of them all leaving on frees and how that is a prime example of profligacy. 

Granted, we’ve got more bang for our buck from Dasilva - arguably he’s been the best value out of the three - but we are still likely to see no ROI.

That’s indicative of the scattergun approach under Ashton and LJ, both of whom were keen to mouth off about their relationship with Emenalo, who  was also at Monaco when we signed Massengo. I suspect he saw those two charlatans coming a mile off. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

In an unrelated dream I received the news that Kalas had left. Just putting it out there because it’s bizarre. 

You're lucky you didn't see scraggy Irene in your dream.

That would have been a nightmare . . .

followed by an emerency appointment to the STD clinic.

Remember what the Army taught you Major.

Safe sex starts with clunk-click every trip !

Personally, I would prefer that Kalas leaves on the summer. I prefer now that we recruit younger and hungrier centre backs.

The major reason is that Kalas is or was a very good defender but his big problem for me is that he doesn't lead but tries to deal himself with every opposition attack. It must be very difficult for the other defenders to know if they should be going for the ball when such a colleague wants to do everyone else's job.

We are building a squad and team that will hopefully be successful due to teamwork.

I hope we see Kalas play in two of three of our remaining games - clearly needs to prove his fitness again but as others have said, on his day, he is our best CB.

Nige clearly likes him as a player and member of the squad and so subject to a new contract on reduced terms, I’d like to see him stay…..

• Like 2
  • Robin 1