IGNORED

Fleming and Euell

LondonRobin

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Finally, someone asked it. The most important question that needs answering asap. 

What flavour crisps did they get to rip open and share too??

Don't strike me as 

'share their last Rolo sorts to me'

Just saying .....

Finally, someone asked it. The most important question that needs answering asap. 

Don't strike me as 

Just saying .....

Don't strike me as 

Just saying .....

27 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Don't strike me as 

Just saying .....

Don't strike me as 

Just saying .....

Don't strike me as 

Just saying .....

3 IS the magic number.

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Maybe it's because I live in Bristol, but if someone says "Did you watch City last weekend" to me, even someone I don't know, I assume they mean Bristol City.

If I'm not in Bristol I'd probably take half a second to realise what they meant... Bristol City will always be the first thought in my head when someone says something like that regardless of who I'm talking to or where I am!

I don't call any other team "City", I'd say "Man City" or whatever. It's not for some weird ideological reason, it's just how my brain has been conditioned over the years...

I totally get it. I became a Bristol City fan more than 15 years ago but most of my friends don't even know who we are. Only the very passionate football fans outside of Europe know that. That's why when someone talks about City i can relate that they are meaning Man City.

Personally I don't really like Guardiola' team. I m more into Liverpool if we talk about the big 4 teams from England PL.

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

Ask them why we employ coaches with so say great reputations yet very few of our players appear to improve, in fact in our captain's case goes backwards!

Exactly! The digression of performances from players like Tanner, Vyner, Pring, James, Scott, Conway, Bell, Wells this season has been so obvious for everyone to see!

?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

Ask them why we employ coaches with so say great reputations yet very few of our players appear to improve, in fact in our captain's case goes backwards!

This thread has so much passive aggression running through it it's unreal!

And then there are posts like this one which just leave me utterly dumbfounded.  I challenge you to run through our squad and pick out those that aren't playing to a higher level of performance than when they made their debuts.

I'm late to this thread, but I would certainly agree that if somebody references City, not just here but anywhere, my first thought is Bristol and certainly not Manchester.

I have to admit that I didn't look at the timestamp of the OP, so my immediate reaction was "Why on earth are two City coaches sat in the pub watching the match and not at the match itself?"

• Like 1

As an aside, ManU are often just ‘United’ even when they are playing Newcastle, West Ham or any other United. 
A bloke in the barbers today was talking about Sheffield and Blackburn when discussing who would be promoted from the Championship. 
If he’d said United or Rovers, would I have known who he was talking about? Probably.

However if he mentioned Town when discussing League 1, I may have struggled. 

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Superjack said:

'City' on a Bristol City forum means Bristol City.

Normally I would agree, but in the original context the OP stated that they were in a pub watch City

Given that the only games on TV last night with Champions league fixtures it was pretty easy to figure out what they were referring to

7 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Well OTIB surpassed itself here. After reading this thread. I am sat here with my morning cup of chai. And I have absolutely no idea as to wtf it is all about. Without a doubt the most pointless, meaningless thing I have ever read. 

I need to get a Life 

COYR

You need to be drinking tea!

With a couple of custard creams. 

Then all will become clear.

1 hour ago, stortfordred said:

As an aside, ManU are often just ‘United’ even when they are playing Newcastle, West Ham or any other United. 
A bloke in the barbers today was talking about Sheffield and Blackburn when discussing who would be promoted from the Championship. 
If he’d said United or Rovers, would I have known who he was talking about? Probably.

However if he mentioned Town when discussing League 1, I may have struggled. 

I have noticed that the United meaning Man Utd and City meaning Manchester City has crept in far more since the BBC moved to Manchester.

On Radio 5 on the morning of the Bristol City v Manchester City a Bristol City fan was interviewed and asked by Rick Edwards 'Do you think City will be putting out a full strength team?' He meant Manchester City, but good on the Bristol City fan she answered the question as meaning Bristol City and talked about Andi Weimann possibly not being fit etc.

It's lazy journalism and simple arrogance to think that everyone in Bristol, Birmingham, Bradford, Stoke, Norwich, etc think of Manchester City rather than their own City club when they are asked a question about City.

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

On Radio 5 on the morning of the Bristol City v Manchester City a Bristol City fan was interviewed and asked by Rick Edwards 'Do you think City will be putting out a full strength team?' He meant Manchester City, but good on the Bristol City fan she answered the question as meaning Bristol City and talked about Andi Weimann possibly not being fit etc.

It's lazy journalism and simple arrogance to think that everyone in Bristol, Birmingham, Bradford, Stoke, Norwich, etc think of Manchester City rather than their own City club when they are asked a question about City.

I heard that….brilliant.

• Like 1