IGNORED

Scott wins EFL young player of the year

Dredd

12 minutes ago, redkev said:

Don’t get me wrong he is a fantastic talent also agree I think Brighton’s style of play will be perfect for him , but any one else think with all his ability he hasn’t influenced our games in the way he possibly could . Perhaps that is due to our style of play or perhaps he needs to be playing with better players .

I personally think Cam Pring effects games more than Alex does , that’s no criticism just how I see it .

Well Pring has one more assist and one less goal, but I would draw your attention to the number of chances created column.

Rank Name AssistsA GoalsGL PlayedP Chances Created Chances per 90 Total Passes Passes Complete Passes Incomplete Pass Accuracy
Nahki Wells

8 11 50 26 0.52 658 466 192 71%
Andreas Weimann

5 7 45 24 0.53 899 644 255 72%
Cameron Pring

5 1 35 9 0.26 1284 890 394 69%
Tommy Conway

4 11 36 13 0.36 365 298 67 82%
Alex Scott

4 2 47 39 0.83 1455 1164 291 80%
Antoine Semenyo

3 8 27 8 0.30 301 213 88 71%
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

If someone buys him they are going to want to look at him for a few months first. Early rounds of the league cup etc. Then possibly loan him out at a club can’t see him coming back here though as they would want him to see him in a different environment 

You are right, a loan back won’t happen.

No club is going to pay the sort of money we are expecting and loan the player back, they will want him to be in and around the squad learning patterns of play, getting accustomed to how they do things etc.

From Alex’s point of view there is no benefit, I would expect he would want to get used to his new environment and push to get into the match day squad.

From our point of view much better to thank him for his efforts, wish him the best of luck then move on. No point in delaying the inevitable.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Cam is 6 years older.........by the time Scotty is 25 he will have 20 England caps?

I’m not disagreeing with you , but he must now make the next step up , he’s done the academy to first team and cemented his place but he must now go up another level 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well Pring has one more assist and one less goal, but I would draw your attention to the number of chances created column.

Rank Name AssistsA GoalsGL PlayedP Chances Created Chances per 90 Total Passes Passes Complete Passes Incomplete Pass Accuracy
Nahki Wells

8 11 50 26 0.52 658 466 192 71%
Andreas Weimann

5 7 45 24 0.53 899 644 255 72%
Cameron Pring

5 1 35 9 0.26 1284 890 394 69%
Tommy Conway

4 11 36 13 0.36 365 298 67 82%
Alex Scott

4 2 47 39 0.83 1455 1164 291 80%
Antoine Semenyo

3 8 27 8 0.30 301 213 88 71%

Fair point , I’m not here knocking him I think he is excellent , just from my point of view when I’m watching games pring ( when playing left back ) seems to have more of an influence on games , perhaps it’s his bullish cavalier style that catches my eye more 

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

Fair point , I’m not here knocking him I think he is excellent , just from my point of view when I’m watching games pring ( when playing left back ) seems to have more of an influence on games , perhaps it’s his bullish cavalier style that catches my eye more 

Yes and I think that's my point, perception and reality are two different things, I am as guilty of mistaking the two as much as the next person.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

@italian dave but yes it's between Brownhill, Akpom and Gyokeres.

Akpom will get it I reckon, goals tend to win out in this kind of thing.

I wonder if Scott will make team of the season as well? Personally I'd be surprised as there's a lot of competition in his position, but there's a chance.

Edited by ExiledAjax

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not been announced yet.

Follow live here if you've nothing better to do.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/april/follow-the-efl-awards-2023-live/

Thanks. I’ve got it up now. 

Good to see Chris Kamara getting a special award. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke. I’ll always remember his recognition of us City fans at Middlesbrough earlier this season…..real class. 

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I see we got green club of the year too. 

The winner of the EFL Green Club Award is Bristol City, for project Whitebeam.

medium
20:43

Clubs are finding new ways to do their bit for the planet and now we'll recognise some of those actions with the EFL Green Club Award.

The nominees are:

Bristol City – Project Whitebeam:

This project was launched last year, and they are only one of four EFL clubs participating in the UN Sports for Cli-mate Action framework ‘Race to Zero’. Actions include giving unsold matchday food to a homeless shelter, measures to tackle fuel, water and plastic usage and innovative support for sustainable travel.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, redkev said:

I’m not disagreeing with you , but he must now make the next step up , he’s done the academy to first team and cemented his place but he must now go up another level 

He's only 19 and has only played two seasons for us. Would it be so bad to wait another season or two?

• Like 3

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

He's only 19 and has only played two seasons for us. Would it be so bad to wait another season or two?

Normally I would agree with you, but I genuinely believe he is a generational talent, I certainly have never seen anything quite like him in a City shirt in 57(ish) years of watching. I don't think we can stand in his way, he deserves to be playing at the highest level, it's just a shame we can't supply him with that........ yet! :) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Sorry but another gem from the Sunderland Forum:

Amad who’s possibly the best player in the division but let’s give it to Alex Scott WHK has the grand total of 1 goal in 40 games.

The kid hasn’t even played for England under 21s yet.

?

They’re not very happy about the ‘goal of the season’ nominations either. “Hopeful punts”…..whereas “we have scored some absolute worldies “.

I’m beginning to understand why they might feel they have so much in common with the R####s!!

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Normally I would agree with you, but I genuinely believe he is a generational talent, I certainly have never seen anything quite like him in a City shirt in 57(ish) years of watching. I don't think we can stand in his way, he deserves to be playing at the highest level, it's just a shame we can't supply him with that........ yet! :) 

I just think he's got plenty of time and shouldn't necessarily rush into anything, especially if it means going to a club where he won't play very often. It would be beneficial to us too, as we always seem to sell our best players at the drop of a hat. Saying all that, I understand the lure of the top level and big wages for him, and a massive transfer fee for us.

Well done EFL.  I know it’s YPOTY and that doesn’t exclude loanees, but Diallo was a £20m signing for Man Utd, he’s a year older and plays as a forward / winger, so higher profile position.  It would’ve made a bit of a mockery to give it to a £20m signing imho.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, redkev said:

Don’t get me wrong he is a fantastic talent also agree I think Brighton’s style of play will be perfect for him , but any one else think with all his ability he hasn’t influenced our games in the way he possibly could . Perhaps that is due to our style of play or perhaps he needs to be playing with better players .

I personally think Cam Pring effects games more than Alex does , that’s no criticism just how I see it .

He’s been a massive influence in most games. Unfortunately for us he isn’t able to win games single-handedly and has players around him not on the same level. Influencing games is more than goals and assists.

• Robin 1