IGNORED

Scott wins EFL young player of the year

Dredd

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

OK, baring a major injury, he will play for England. Better? 

Well said. @Super appears to be a real pessimist.

With my lifetime experience watching City, Alex Scott is showing so many signs of being up there alongside City greats, John Atyeo and Gerry Gow. No doubt in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

With my lifetime experience watching City, Alex Scott is showing so many signs of being up there alongside City greats, John Atyeo and Gerry Gow. No doubt in my opinion.

I said he has the talent. Let's see how he does at a higher level is what i'm saying. 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm trying to avoid a direct comparison cos Scott is his own player and different in his own right but it's hard not to. For me he reminds me of when Grealish came to Ashton Gate with Villa. You could just tell that Grealish was going to the top of the game and for me, Scott has that very same feeling about him when I watch him play. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm trying to avoid a direct comparison cos Scott is his own player and different in his own right but it's hard not to. For me he reminds me of when Grealish came to Ashton Gate with Villa. You could just tell that Grealish was going to the top of the game and for me, Scott has that very same feeling about him when I watch him play. 

Did you miss him for Notts County in 13/14? ???

Then again, I can’t believe Luke Garbutt didn’t become a PL star from that season.

Well done Alex Scott ? 

Well deserved. 

‐----‐---------------------------------

Who the hell does he think he is  ?

Another arrogant Manchester United player in the making. 

Manchester United loanee, Amad Diallo is not happy to have missed out on Championship’s Young player of the Year the award for this season. He simply wrote, “Young player, who?” via his Twitter account, accompanied by two laughing emojis, and fans have been reacting.

3 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Well done Alex Scott ? 

Well deserved. 

Manchester United loanee, Amad Diallo is not happy to have missed out on Championship’s Young player of the Year the award for this season. He simply wrote, “Young player, who?” via his Twitter account, accompanied by two laughing emojis, and fans have been reacting.

Seems from that comment that he, Diallo, believes he is a super star already. Whereas Alex Scott is working hard to improve every time he walks on the pitch. He is playing for the team just as much as he is for himself. I guess that Diallo would not have acted as Scott did when Cornick put a sitter over the bar. Tried to pick his team mate up and then sprinted off to get in position for the goal kick.

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Seems from that comment that he, Diallo, believes he is a super star already. Whereas Alex Scott is working hard to improve every time he walks on the pitch. He is playing for the team just as much as he is for himself. I guess that Diallo would not have acted as Scott did when Cornick put a sitter over the bar. Tried to pick his team mate up and then sprinted off to get in position for the goal kick.

Diallo would probably have berated Cornick for not having squared the ball for him to finish.

On second thoughts, perhaps Harry was trying to tee it up for Alex to finish!

14 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Well done Alex Scott ? 

Well deserved. 

Not quite, he was not intelligent enough to know how to spell young

Not sure if this maybe needs its own thread, however Scott v Burnley deserves a real send off from us should it be (sadly) his last game at the gate in red. 

From my nearly 40 years of watching he is up there with the very very best I’ve seen not only for us, but against us. He will go to the top as long as the footballing gods are kind, but more importantly he just comes across as a top top bloke, someone we can be very proud of, and I think we will always be closely connected to him. 

when he runs down the wing….

He's not gone yet. City have already said that they're after a minimum of £25m, YPOTY and being in the team of the year, may well increase that amount. That's a steep amount for a player playing for a mid table championship side. Pearson also isn't the yes man in charge that we've had in the recent history, some people may not be a lover of him, but not being a yes man is exactly what you need during transfer windows.

Enjoy him every game he plays, but he's not gone, no deal is made and nothing is concrete. We will see in the summer, but I think there's a chance he's still wearing a City kit next season, even maybe if it's only until January.

Congratulations to Alex, well deserved.

WRT to Diallo, what a classless little s**t. You have to imagine that the relevant powers at Sunderland and ManUre weren't too impressed with that. If that had been one of our lads, you'd think both Tins and Nige would tear him a new one.