IGNORED

Scott wins EFL young player of the year

Dredd

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

I’d be surprised if we get a loan back option without it costing a significant amount. Can’t see a club with more clout than us agreeing to pay 25+ mil and they don’t get to work with him for a season.

I agree

Most clubs will want him in and around the first team and familiarising himself with the club.

Even if it was a club that would potentially loan him out, the cost of his increased wages alone will cost a few million.

I think we should be aiming for a deal of £25m+ with 15-20% sell on, I’d personally rather a sell on than a loan back, genuinely believe he’s going to the very top

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Surprised the Fewers didn't win the Green award.

Those patio chairs they use for new signings looked worn out years ago, but still they use them.

The patio chairs, in places, are also green to be fair, so it was a close race.

• Haha 1

Big congrats to Alex Scott, a very good footballer at his age. The youngest in the team yesterday, yet his reaction to the miss by Cornick showed how good a player and team member that he is.

A pat on the back and probably a few words of sympathy to a player nearly ten years older is such good team spirit. I know he is destined for higher levels than we can provide at this time but one more season would be wonderful.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

What's it got to do with him, he isn't an EFL player, he just played in this league for a season because he wasn't good enough for the one above.

Exactly. Sour grapes. According to the Manchester papers Manchester United Ace misses out, not a Sunderland Ace. Whereas we can rightly claim Scott. 

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Big Nige said it so trust in Nige!

He already won a trophy with Englabd U20s right? Played most of the games too so I would say its a good indication that he will.

He may well do but nothing is certain.