IGNORED

Robbored's Highly Interesting Opinions On Women's Football

Robbored

City ladies were related from the PL because they were out of their depth in such a tough league. The ‘big’ teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City were way to good for them

Next season it’s back up with the ‘big’ girls again and I hope that City ladies will be able to strengthen over the summer. If they don’t it’ll be back down again this time next year.

• Sad 1

Just now, Robbored said:

City ladies were related from the PL because they were out of their depth in such a tough league. The ‘big’ teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City were way to good for them

Next season it’s back up with the ‘big’ girls again and I hope that City ladies will be able to strengthen over the summer. If they don’t it’ll be back down again this time next year.

You amaze me sometimes. Only you could pour negativity on something so positive for Bristol City Women.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So your post match speech is along the lines of "Well Done Girls. Make the most of your celebrations and have a nice Summer, as half of you won't be here next season".

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So your post match speech is along the lines of "Well Done Girls. Make the most of your celebrations and have a nice Summer, as half of you won't be here next season".

He is of course correct, but today should just be about congratulations to the group of players who have won the league this season and Lauren Smith. Well done ladies.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You amaze me sometimes. Only you could pour negativity on something so positive for Bristol City Women.

My name is not Ian Gay RLL - if you want to see negativity tune in and listen on RB or read what he writes.

My comments are not negative at all - just realistic. The City ladies have been up there previously and will surely know that there’s a serious gulf in standard between the bigger teams and City as they currently they are and why they’ll need to strengthen over the summer.

If they don’t strengthen then it’s straight back down I’m afraid……….….:dunno:

Edited by Robbored
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Perhaps all the related girls come from Pill, ( cue the theme from Deliverance), you know the same ones that got the elbow card, really Robbored have you been on the Natch this weekend :laugh:?

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

@Robbored was stood by the tunnel handing out p45s as they came off :)

I can honestly say that other than watching the Lionesses live TV I haven’t ever attended a women’s football match and I’m not likely to change a habit of a lifetime at my age.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can honestly say that other than watching the Lionesses live TV I haven’t ever attended a women’s football match and I’m not likely to change a habit of a lifetime at my age.

But you still share your expertise.

• Like 3

I don’t think the women will be overly bothered by your stance,

• Haha 1

Yet you feel qualified to comment on the strength of our playing squad? 

Bore off.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What an odd comment to make to diminish an achievement of a city team.

No one actually cares what habits you may or may not change.  But your attitude towards women is very revealing.

Huge congrats to City women -  fantastic achievement & really hope they are backed in the WSL. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Yet you feel qualified to comment on the strength of our playing squad? 

Based entirely on their results which are always posted on the OS. I have on occasions watched the odd clip on there and know enough about football to form an opinion.

20 minutes ago, Jeez said:

What an odd comment to make to diminish an achievement of a city team.

No one actually cares what habits you may or may not change.  But your attitude towards women is very revealing.

Huge congrats to City women -  fantastic achievement & really hope they are backed in the WSL. 

City women were always going to win the league. For that level they’re a formidable outfit. A big fish in a small pond. Next season they’ll be a small fish in a big pond and if they stay up they’ll get my admiration.

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Based entirely on their results which are always posted on the OS. I have on occasions watched the odd clip on there and know enough about football to form an opinion.

You really do your self no favours. If you want to come across as an ill informed , biased , misogynistic tit , good job.
Our games against Sheff U & Watford were lost, were we shit in your opinion ? based on results surely we were. Why do you bother to go to games as you can see results on the OS. 

I'll do a you and say I have no interest in this thread, but post anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, 1960maaan said:

You really do your self no favours. If you want to come across as an ill informed , biased , misogynistic tit , good job.
Our games against Sheff U & Watford were lost, were we shit in your opinion ? based on results surely we were. Why do you bother to go to games as you can see results on the OS. 

The two games against the Blades and the Hornets were excellent performances but unfortunately no points. That doesn’t mean that we were shit tho………….….:cool2:

I’ve followed Bristol City for over 50 years and take a very keen interest in the men’s game - I don’t have anything like the same levels of interest in the woman’s team. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Top punditry, you just described any relegation and subsequent promotion ?

• Thanks 1