IGNORED

Burnley at home match thread

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Held our own against the champions, been undone for an absolute worldie. Lots to be positive about tbh. 

I mean we kind of are, but at home we have managed one off target shot all half. Not saying we are out of it or not doing ok, but they do have that bit of quality and no obvious weakness at this level.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Held our own against the champions, been undone for an absolute worldie. Lots to be positive about tbh. 

It’s the lack of creativity in the final 3rd again, all the early pressure we had has come from Burnley trying to play from the back rather than anything we’ve created. Just a bit insipid from us really.

Just now, Super said:

Not quite sure what people were expecting today against the best team by a mile in this division. We've done OK i think.

Agreed.  But they’ve show up all our weakness and fragilities.  Short passing and close control has been poor when pressurised.  
Lots to do if we really want to challenge next year.

Burnley have been in charge throughout that half without having to really break sweat and could be 2 or 3 ahead. Benson, with a carbon copy of his strike v Blackburn, is a class act.

Thought Pring had a good half otherwise we’ve been second best, too easily giving the ball away, outplayed in midfield and have lacked any threat up front, despite their keeper taking a chance or two.

Be tempted to switch formation and bring on Wells for SB or HC and AW for AK.

Hope we can, at the least, come out with a bit of urgency and fight in the second half, otherwise it will be a disappointing end to our home games.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

It reminds me of the 0-2 home loss to Bournemouth last season, when we hardly laid a glove on them.

I just think we are holding them in too much reverence on getting promoted. A relegated Prem team with parachute payments is what they are, all this guard of honour bollocks at the start almost mentally puts them on a plinth. Treat it as a cup game and get in their faces, give them a game and then shakehands and say well done at the end.