IGNORED

Thank you Bristol City it's been emotional.

WolfOfWestStreet

Today I got the badge in for the final time after 13 seasons as a ST holder at Bristol City.

1 Promotion as Champions, 1 humiliating relegation, 1 Wembley trophy win, 1 Bristol Derby win and punch up of all punch ups, an 8-2 win, a 5-5 draw, a 0-6 home defeat, East End/Williams/Atyeo/S82, 31 away teams visited, 9 managers, 1 stupid question, Tammy Abraham>Loïs Diony, the legend that is Aaron ******* Wilbraham, the God that is Stephen Cotterill, Calamity James, 13 flag days, a special trip to the Etihad to sing a song for Bobby Reid, Aden Flint's Party, the Rovers running away (again), 1 destroyed Cardiff pub, the away toilets at Swindon, Forza Eastend, JET's penalties, beating Mourinho's Manchester United in the 94th minute, in by Taylor.. ITS SMIIIIIITH. Over 350 games, 2500+ pints of cider and a GAP that has NEVER been bridged. Thank you to the beautiful lady who took me to my first game (FA cup replay against Cardiff in the snow) who is now my wife and mother of Junior F(red) and of course all the cider heads I've met along the way.

Looking forward to now spending my Saturdays with my son. One Team in Bristol. ?⚪⚫?

FB_IMG_1682769582914.jpg

• Like 8
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 5

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

Wolf; you missed Nottingham's Amici wine bar and from the last 13 years, beating Man U in a cup comp.

Plus of course "stealing" that £10,000,000 forward from the other side of town.

And the 0 - 6 away win at Bradford that confirmed our promotion!

20 minutes ago, 22A said:

Wolf; you missed Nottingham's Amici wine bar and from the last 13 years, beating Man U in a cup comp.

Think that was more than 13 years ago - about 2006?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Looking forward to now spending my Saturdays with my son. One Team in Bristol. ?⚪⚫?

Understandable if he's very young but it shouldn't be long until you can spend Saturdays with your son by going to AG together.

Best of both worlds.

13 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

FB_IMG_1682769582914.jpg

Unless your son lives in LA, take him to a few games. Best dad lad bonding exercise there is. Win or lose. 

once a red always a red. ST or no ST. From a supporter who has forty more years on the clock than you do. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Today I got the badge in for the final time after 13 seasons as a ST holder at Bristol City.

1 Promotion as Champions, 1 humiliating relegation, 1 Wembley trophy win, 1 Bristol Derby win and punch up of all punch ups, an 8-2 win, a 5-5 draw, a 0-6 home defeat, East End/Williams/Atyeo/S82, 31 away teams visited, 9 managers, 1 stupid question, Tammy Abraham>Loïs Diony, the legend that is Aaron ******* Wilbraham, the God that is Stephen Cotterill, Calamity James, 13 flag days, a special trip to the Etihad to sing a song for Bobby Reid, Aden Flint's Party, the Rovers running away (again), 1 destroyed Cardiff pub, the away toilets at Swindon, Forza Eastend, JET's penalties, beating Mourinho's Manchester United in the 94th minute, in by Taylor.. ITS SMIIIIIITH. Over 350 games, 2500+ pints of cider and a GAP that has NEVER been bridged. Thank you to the beautiful lady who took me to my first game (FA cup replay against Cardiff in the snow) who is now my wife and mother of Junior F(red) and of course all the cider heads I've met along the way.

FB_IMG_1682769582914.jpg

Good luck to you all.

Looking at your picture, that's one hell of a vape your holding.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Unless your son lives in LA, take him to a few games. Best dad lad bonding exercise there is. Win or lose. 

once a red always a red. ST or no ST. From a supporter who has forty more years on the clock than you do. 

Long Ashton?

Absolutely no excuse.

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

FB_IMG_1682769582914.jpg

Is that photo from Villa away in 2019?

• Flames 1

Had a season ticket with my eldest lad for almost 15 years but he’s now settled down with his girlfriend and living elsewhere in the Uk . Miss the regularity but going on your own isn’t much fun . Pick my games and try different areas of the stadium these days but that’s life . 

• Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 22:00, WolfOfWestStreet said:

FB_IMG_1682769582914.jpg

Buy your son a season ticket. Tell the lad you've had to suffer all these years, now it's his turn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Bit of a hiatus 

On 30/04/2023 at 10:34, 42nite said:

Wolf, Is your son a future red?

Yes. Well he could be Pompey or West Ham but think the ship has sailed on the later ?

On 30/04/2023 at 11:22, Sir Geoff said:

Sounds like 13 brilliant seasons, why chuck it in ?

Boy is only 3, don't think the has the patience yet to watch a game. Feel guilty dumping him on the inlaws every other Saturday. I'm doing 1K a year on 3 STs looking to spend that on memories with him whilst he's still young. 

On 30/04/2023 at 11:28, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why? Team is for life not Christmas. Although clearly life can sometimes get in the way, hope you still follow from afar.

Those 13 years, many ups and downs but seldom dull!

Agreed never dull ? 13 years isnt a christmas and afar is 5 miles away then sure ill be following ?? your one of my favorite posters on here BTW, you know your stuff.

On 30/04/2023 at 11:32, 22A said:

How could if forgot about snake ? one of my favorite players watching City. Had a chat with him once in Wagamamas in Cabot, lovely guy. 

On 30/04/2023 at 11:59, Nogbad the Bad said:

Understandable if he's very young but it shouldn't be long until you can spend Saturdays with your son by going to AG together.

Best of both worlds.

Hes only 3 we'll be back, might be family stand for a bit until he gets his first stoney, then is back to the east end.

On 30/04/2023 at 12:03, Homer Simpson said:

Good luck to you all.

Looking at your picture, that's one hell of a vape your holding.

Sadly back on the fags ... 

On 30/04/2023 at 12:34, DaveF said:

Been spotted down the Mem hasn't he. Joining the Joey Barton revolution. 

Cheers for bringing that up dave mate. For context a pal of mine, Wolves fan had some tickets through his work. Morbid curiosity got the better of me. They lost, ******* peasants. I'm seeing you this evening arnt I, for our sins. You can buy me a gold for that slander.

On 30/04/2023 at 13:08, Eatin_Triffle said:

Has he? Not sure?. Wouldn’t go down well at home.

It didn't not gunna lie. My FIL looks at me with suspicion. We obviously know each other but don't recognise the username - hi mate ?

On 30/04/2023 at 13:40, 22A said:

Another memory; our abject dismay to discover overnight that Rovers had become 6th richest club in the land. 

Unlucky the shit ? what an absolute cabbage that bloke was, second the the ***** that headbutted the window of a minibus, third to the now toothless cretin that tried to fight me at the JPT Derby. Wally. 

On 30/04/2023 at 13:17, An Outstanding Human said:

Is that photo from Villa away in 2019?

Yes it was, unreal spot that!!! Was in that honking pub near the ground, stank in there. Only place we could go nearby to get a cider. Villa is a shithole.

Edited by WolfOfWestStreet
Drunk
  • Like 4

On 30/04/2023 at 12:01, stortfordred said:

Couldn't agree more. I've been going with my dad since I was about 6/7, the amount of joy we share when we get a goal is like no other. I'm going to try and keep going with him for as long as he can still make it down the gate, memories are made every match we share. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1