IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Lovely that everyone came over at the end. Scott was pushed forward by King to take a solo round of applause. Also Jay was made to do the same, certainly goodbyes from them.

IMG_20230508_165814.jpg

IMG_20230508_165809.jpg

IMG_20230508_165800.jpg

Was just commenting on this on the Alex Scott thread. 

It really looks like a fairwell to both ?

• Like 1

Nice way to finish the season. Watched on the Tele as I, stupidly, waited for lower tier tickets.

Great noise from the reds in attendance ? and a real feeling of togetherness of the club came across.

Zac, superb again as was James.

All in all, given the cost cutting and the youth being blooded, a decent season.

Well done all and to all on here.

That DID look like 'goodbye' from JD and Scotty. Good luck to both.

No idea what Nahki was pissed about at the end but he wouldn't acknowledge big Nige.

What a great club we support!

• Like 4
  • Robin 2

We're a few points short of what we probably wanted and deserved.  As Nige keeps saying, we need to get better at winning when not playing well.  That has been and will always be the key to challenging at the top of any league be it the Premier League or division 4 on the Downs.  You get the impression that message is sinking in and next season we should be able to properly challenge by doing what I've just mentioned more often.  I'm not too bothered by people worrying about needing another keeper or striker tbh.  We need to appreciate that what we have in certain positions has to be allowed to keep improving rather than being usurped.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

I hate to disparage the opposition, but QPR were shit.

On a serious note, our defending was superb.

Vyner was his commanding best. Zackenbauer?

And some of the last ditch tackling and blocking was tremendous.

A scrappy game, but so comfortable for City in the end.

Oh, and Matty James is a legend.

Awful….and it came out even worse on the radio! ???

• Flames 1
55 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nice way to finish the season. Watched on the Tele as I, stupidly, waited for lower tier tickets.

Great noise from the reds in attendance ? and a real feeling of togetherness of the club came across.

Zac, superb again as was James.

All in all, given the cost cutting and the youth being blooded, a decent season.

Well done all and to all on here.

That DID look like 'goodbye' from JD and Scotty. Good luck to both.

No idea what Nahki was pissed about at the end but he wouldn't acknowledge big Nige.

What a great club we support!

I think Wells missed out on the golden boot by one goal. As he usually scores against QPR maybe he felt he should have started or been given more time.

• Thanks 1

Good result, good first half, took the sting out of QPR with Belly’s goal…but (moaning) wish we’d taken a bit more care of the ball in last half hour.  Still a few too many hairy moments that had me worried.

Scott better back in CM with James.

Well taken goal Belly, not easy at all with the angle of the cross.

Pring MOTM closely followed by Jamo.

O’Leary decisive. ??

Nice to witness an away win after many personal failures this season.  Thought we were dominant after a shaky opening 15 mins & played some great stuff and moved the ball quickly. 

My mom was Pring who just shaded Williams & Vyner.  I would be really surprised if there wasn’t premiership interest in Pring as he’s becoming a top player.  Scott was superb second half & if that’s his last game then he left on a high. 

Shout out to Williams who pushed Dasilva forward & encouraged the fans to recognise his contribution. My take that it was clear goodbyes from Jay & Alex but thinking Kalas will be around next year. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, The Bard said:

We're a few points short of what we probably wanted and deserved.  As Nige keeps saying, we need to get better at winning when not playing well.  That has been and will always be the key to challenging at the top of any league be it the Premier League or division 4 on the Downs.  You get the impression that message is sinking in and next season we should be able to properly challenge by doing what I've just mentioned more often.  I'm not too bothered by people worrying about needing another keeper or striker tbh.  We need to appreciate that what we have in certain positions has to be allowed to keep improving rather than being usurped.

Sheffield Utd have done very well with winning and not playing well , really have not been impressed by them at all this season , unless massive investment can see them straight back down with not many points 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

We were under the cosh a bit at times but a well earned clean sheet for the boys. I’d still prefer Naismith in DM I think, but he played well at the back today.

Side note, I really rate Bell. High ceiling there I reckon.

I imagine most ceilings would seem fairly high to Bell

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Tyna said:

I think Wells missed out on the golden boot by one goal. As he usually scores against QPR maybe he felt he should have started or been given more time.

It was Weimann who missed out by one. That's why it wasn't given during the recent awards ceremony. Tommy Conway can now claim the award as it's his.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1