IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

31 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

3 successive block to stop QPR scoring... great defending but have to get a grip on the game. Bell & Conway need to get on the end of some balls and take the pressure off.

Yep, had a 10 minute period where we did the worst thing possible...let Martin and Dykes have it with our CBs 5 yards off them, time to control, turn, bring others in.  Thankfully we stopped giving them the freedom of our half and then began to control the game.

15 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Williams been really good so far, shame he hasn't been fit to put in these types of performances this season.

Yes, combative.  Wants to add tempo to the game, which helps us.

Jamo has been excellent though alongside him. One great ball out to Pring off of Bell's run inside to drag Laird with him.  That's what I want to see Belly doing, influencing the game without having the ball.

Sykes a very good first half.  My "meh" signing in the summer, he's been a plus overall.

Lovely goal too, TC / AS on-two initially, set the initial cross up.

Decent enough half.  Cannot afford to drop off the pace.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but the issue is Bell is playing as an inside forward, creating spaces for Pring to overlap which has created at least two very good opportunities. Mehemeti tends to occupy those spaces. 

As per my response above, when Bell stays out wide (and he does too often imho) it stops Pring's space.  Got to get closer to Conway.

Shame Tommy hasn't got his shooting boots on, 2 very good opportunities and should have done better when he hit the side netting. 
Sykes proving he can get goals is a big bonus for next year and having Naismith pinging those passes to him is a real threat.
Pring has been good at both ends and James has been good.
Good away performance so far, but need to be clinical against sides when we dominate.

• Like 1