IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

11 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I hate to disparage the opposition, but QPR were shit.

On a serious note, our defending was superb.

Vyner was his commanding best. Zackenbauer?

And some of the last ditch tackling and blocking was tremendous.

A scrappy game, but so comfortable for City in the end.

Oh, and Matty James is a legend.

It's usually the shit teams we historically struggle to beat...

5 hours ago, David Brent said:

How embarrassing 

I don't get how it's embarrassing? I can see the humour in it, yes it's silly but it's not malicious, he's just giving their fans something to laugh at. 

If it was one of our fans doing it I'd imagine a lot of people would be laughing alomg with him. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I sat with my mates in the Loft. In the second half they were all screaming for a penalty when OLeary jumped up to claim a ball. I’m not sure what happened or even if OLeary was the guy they were claiming against, I even said what did I miss. 

Anyone see anything from the other end/Anywhere else!

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I sat with my mates in the Loft. In the second half they were all screaming for a penalty when OLeary jumped up to claim a ball. I’m not sure what happened or even if OLeary was the guy they were claiming against, I even said what did I miss. 

Not sure who, but one of our players pushed their player into O'Leary.

Penalty on another day, but we got a free kick for a foul on O'Leary.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure who, but one of our players pushed their player into O'Leary.

Penalty on another day, but we got a free kick for a foul on O'Leary.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Here's the replay of it, it was pretty clumsy: https://streamin.one/v/af055a5b

Edited by IAmNick
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't get how it's embarrassing? I can see the humour in it, yes it's silly but it's not malicious, he's just giving their fans something to laugh at. 

If it was one of our fans doing it I'd imagine a lot of people would be laughing alomg with him. 

I agree its just abit of football banter.

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Yep it is done in good spirit................and too be fair QPR fans don't have a lot to laugh at....apart from the abject performances of their first team?

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have just watched the highlights on the official site.

Does anybody know who the co-commentator was?

Ever so difficult to see on the highlights, but I think if it was top league VAR would have been drawing lines on both our goals. Both looked very close. No complaints mind.

On 08/05/2023 at 15:40, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Seconded - also an honourable mention to @IAmNick for the almost instantaneous goal replays this season 

100% Amen to that.

What would be nice is if we could have a pinned thread or a separate thread for the goal replays as the matchday thread can be quite long sometimes and the video links can take some finding if you're behind on the trail.

Not criticising, but just an extra suggestion to make the excellent service even better ?

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60217/city-surrender-provides-perfect-summation-of-qprs-dire-season--report

This was posted in the Alex Scott thread and is a great read, and not just because it's highly complimentary of us. Max's rating out of 10 is "not applicable" due to him not actually having anything to do.

Very good piece by a very respectful and totally fed up QPR fan. He deserves a better performance for his honesty.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60217/city-surrender-provides-perfect-summation-of-qprs-dire-season--report

This was posted in the Alex Scott thread and is a great read, and not just because it's highly complimentary of us. Max's rating out of 10 is "not applicable" due to him not actually having anything to do.

Much of that could have been written about City's performances in the past particularly including Martin.

• Like 1